What's new

Ho slot cars?

My dad had probably a mile of Aurora (I think) track when I was little. Connected with 2 steel pins and a plastic clip. Varying radii corners so you could run 4 lanes. I was always in charge of sanding the electrical connections

This stuff

IMG_7833.jpeg

I still have my Tyco set. Last time it was set up, it was on a 4x8 sheet of plywood and the race set and train sets overlapped in a couple spots. I found a crossing track and never set it up.

I extended the controller wires with some speaker wire. There was a 7 1/2 foot straight into a banked curve, my nephew would stand at the end of the straight and watch the cars coming down the track right at his face. Had a couple pieces of plexiglas wrapped around the ends of the table to keep the cars from flying off the table.

I will probably clean the track up and give it to my nephew and his sons. Maybe get them a couple new cars.
I got intrested in train sets when we got a new preacher his son had a giant setup in the garage,a few years ago I saw him on TV he was a spoacksman for AMTRAC in Alb.
They had a really cool multi level setup at the statefair I could stand there for hours watching all the diffrent sets from micro HO to G.
I got to set mine up once on a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the living room for about a month, then all but the flal trck was removed and th plywood was stored in a shed.
I had been gone for 11 years and when I got home I found all my slot cars and railwood stuff had been removed by my brother's brother in law, I was more than pissed off as the train set was a Sante Fe chief engine

Not that difficult to make a track from wood if you have a decent router and other wood tools. Router to make slot and get some adhesive backed copper foil for the power traces. Used a decent sized train transformer for power to the 4 tracks of the one I worked on in 8th grade. Everybody had their own controller which wasn't much more than a rheostat and a plunger to run the rheostat in a fancy case. It was clipped in series with 1 leg of the track one ran on...

My last setup was in the basement, too bad 14 yo me didn’t understand humidity. Spent more time scrubbing track than racing.

My dad had probably a mile of Aurora (I think) track when I was little. Connected with 2 steel pins and a plastic clip. Varying radii corners so you could run 4 lanes. I was always in charge of sanding the electrical connections

This stuff

IMG_7833.jpeg

I have a plastic tote full of that stuff. I remember it being enough to easily fil an 8x8 table.

I have some 1/24th scale stuff, about to put it on Ebay.
3 cars, some bodies two controllers, 1 is an Omni controller. Spare motors tools, a box it all goes in.

If anyone is interested I can put up some pictures.

Top Back Refresh