What's new

Hiking boot laces

Aggie06

I ain't the one to blame.
Member Number
Loc
Balls Deep South Texas
What are some good brands that make replacement laces for hiking boots? Any waterproof ones that will last when being laced while muddy and wet? I keep killing mine because of that.

Says they are guaranteed for life.. So are you just sending them in for new ones once yours take a dive, or do you pony up for a new set every year? Any company that promises a guarantee for life better be ready to live up to that.

I just get a new set. They last a little over a year for me.

I don't know if these would last like you want, but I have had extremely good luck with these, also from amazon.

ETA:
They are a little larger in diameter than normal, and as such, you may have problems with small ID eyelets in your boots/shoes...

I don't know if these would last like you want, but I have had extremely good luck with these, also from amazon.

ETA:
They are a little larger in diameter than normal, and as such, you may have problems with small ID eyelets in your boots/shoes...

I’ve tried those, and they didn’t seem to last any longer than what came with the boots. Mud and water seem to kill them.

Any of the Kevlar laces should hold up. I'm still running the original Kevlar laces in my Garmont boots that I bought back in '99.

i use 550 para cord. you can get it in several diff colors if that matters to you.

RUGER

Ordered a couple of pairs of these. So far, so good. They’ve been handling being wet and muddy way better than the laces they replaced.

Nice. I've had good luck with them. My RedWings are a couple years now, and I'm certain the laces with outlive the boots.

Paracord, I have one pair of boots that'll eat a set of laces every 3 months, paracord has held up for 2 years with no signs of wearing out. If you need it a little thinner you can pull some of the internal strands out.

Kevlar and paracord laces? They suck, no flex and no stretch. When your feet swell towards the end of the day, your boots just get tighter.

Leather laces flex and stretch a bit, but they develop weak spots and get slimy and weak when wet.

Keen makes great boot laces. I replaced my Keen laces with paracord and they killed my feet. I bought Keen replacements and paid more attention to them and realized they're designed to flex and stretch with the boot as they move and as your feet flex. Because they have a twist weave to them, they don't slip when wet and the knots don't come apart. I've put these in all of my lace up boots. Give them a try, they're about the same price as any other boot lace but they're fantastic.

I buy them at Boot Barn in Northern California.

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/U-VA...TED-LACE_color=1022126&cgid=accessories_laces

Top Back Refresh