What's new

"highway miles"

IEATRKS84

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Tooele, UT
fuck off with your stupid fucking sales pitch you cock gobbling fucking cock sucking faggot mexican boomer shit eater.

"mostly highway miles!"

'HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WHAT OTHER FUCKING KINDOF MILES ARE THERE? DIRT ROAD MILES? SKY MILES? NON-MOVING MILES???????????????

TELL ME MOTHER FUCKER!!! WHAT OTHER KINDOF MILES ARE THERE? STOP AND GO MILES? ISNT IT STILL ON A HIGHWAY? WHAT IF I NEVER LEFT MY CULDESAC? IS THAT STILL HIGH WAY MILES? OR IS IT ONLY FUCKING CULDESAC MILES???

FUCK OFF AND FUCKING DIE

(as you cant tell im shopping for a truck at the moment)

1981K20

Up North
Member Number
Loc
North of MT but south of AK
All highway miles is as bad as lady driven. Lady driven to me just means it's been bounced off numerous curbs, likely been in a ditch a few times, probably been low on oil or other vital fluids at least 10 times and is probably making some really weird noises that went unnoticed for long periods of time. Not to mention it's probably a pig stye inside

I also like when it says only 80,000 miles on engine but the fucking truck has 400k miles on it and is a clapped out piece of shit

Buying used vehicles sucks

woods

I can fuck up literally anything.
Member Number
They're also all original.

Broncokyle88

Federal Booby Inspector
Member Number
Loc
Pennsyltucky
DOT truck, only 17 original miles but 384,382,799.9 hours.

The hour meter, which I can’t reset, keeps resetting itself in my gmt800. 170k with 500 hours on it, I must have had it strapped to a rocket to manage that:laughing:

JR4X

wheeler
Member Number
Loc
Farmington NM
I put 50K to 100K oil field miles on trucks. Trust me, you’d be better off with 200K Highway miles than 100K oilfield miles.

I just turned in a 2018 GMC 2500 work truck with 112,000 miles. Oilfield miles. The same truck with 2 or 3 hundred thousand would be a better more reliable value. Where I live, that’s a real thing.

Broncokyle88

Federal Booby Inspector
Member Number
Loc
Pennsyltucky
I put 50K to 100K oil field miles on trucks. Trust me, you’d be better off with 200K Highway miles than 100K oilfield miles.

I just turned in a 2018 GMC 2500 work truck with 112,000 miles. Oilfield miles. The same truck with 2 or 3 hundred thousand would be a better more reliable value. Where I live, that’s a real thing.

I love seeing ads from shady dealers near me. “Texas truck, rust free, low miles”. Manual windows and locks, vinyl floor, and a bed that looks like it had boulders dropped in it from 10 foot. Yeah, I’ll pass on your low miles hammered on oil patch truck.

IEATRKS84

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Tooele, UT
All highway miles is as bad as lady driven. Lady driven to me just means it's been bounced off numerous curbs, likely been in a ditch a few times, probably been low on oil or other vital fluids at least 10 times and is probably making some really weird noises that went unnoticed for long periods of time. Not to mention it's probably a pig stye inside

I also like when it says only 80,000 miles on engine but the fucking truck has 400k miles on it and is a clapped out piece of shit

Buying used vehicles sucks

I also like the ones with "COMES WITH A PLOW!!" ok great so the whole front end needs replaced, thank for letting me know

woods

I can fuck up literally anything.
Member Number
I also like the ones with "COMES WITH A PLOW!!" ok great so the whole front end needs replaced, thank for letting me know

Right? I see a truck with a plow on it I won't even bother. That's the worst thing you can do to a truck. :laughing:

Texas97

Surgical Shotgunner
Member Number
Loc
Texas
I also like the ones with "COMES WITH A PLOW!!" ok great so the whole front end needs to be replaced, thank for letting me know

Fixed the grammer for you.

also, i dont really understand what yall are talking about. Plows go on the back of tractors and COULD be towed by a truck from one field to another, depending on the type of plow.

Lawless

A turd in the herd
Member Number
Loc
Canuckistan
Highway miles is generally implying it was started, ran to temperature, and held at steady state operating conditions for a decent period of time. It doesn't make it not used up, but 200k primarily highway miles is generally less wesr than 200k of in town stop and go driving.

That depends.

My GF has a 7 mile Hwy mile commute but she also has around 2 miles with 50 fucking stops to get to it. I wouldn't call that good. OTOH my commute is 200 miles highway with the same 2 miles thrown in. Is it better? I would guess so. I rank highway miles right up there with the fucking idiots who claim "original" miles or xxx miles engine xxx body.

IEATRKS84

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Tooele, UT
Highway miles is generally implying it was started, ran to temperature, and held at steady state operating conditions for a decent period of time. It doesn't make it not used up, but 200k primarily highway miles is generally less wesr than 200k of in town stop and go driving.

Except everyone says their high mileage vehicle is all "highway miles" and no one can tell the difference because its just a number. Its retarded.

gunracer1

Collector of fine junk
Member Number
Loc
azle tx, aguilar co.
i just sold a crown vic with 245k miles on it. it could have passed for 120k easy. i buy lots of cars at the auctions, just off pics. no mileage declared. i can usually guess within 10k of what is on it before i power it up.

grumpy356

Red Skull Member
Member Number

We know what they are and we know NOBODY can tell you if the miles were actually highway miles or stop & go, beat up, pot holed city miles, or oil patch miles.

It's just words people use to manipulate someone into thinking their clapped out vehicles still has life left.

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
Once looked at a 2001 F350 with like 26k on it in 2006. 7.3. 26k plow miles probably with a salt rig in the bed. Frame was rotted.

Flip side I ended up with my father's 2002 F350 7.3. sold it with 260k. Frame was in great shape. It too had a plow used only in his driveway.

Rockbuggy84

Member Number
“All highway miles”, “adult owned”, “original miles”, etc are all signs of a shady seller that is a liar. A good and honest seller will Simply list the options, miles and usually what it’s primary use was if it’s a truck=service, oil field, etc.

Any time a seller starts adding these terms, it’s because they feel that the vehicle is actually in poor shape and they need to “up sell” to get rid of it.

Vinman

Member Number
Loc
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
When I was a kid I delivered booze to the local bars and picked up the empty bottles. The truck we used was an early 80’s GM 2500 2WD straight 6 auto. The day it was delivered the boss had a sheet of 3/16 steel plated welded onto the inside of the tailgate just to support a worker carrying cases of beer.
The truck had the stock steel bed with wood box tall enough to stand in and extended over the cab. We would routinely fill it to the top with cases of beer and alcohol. Our record was 330 flats of beer and about a dozen boxes of booze, approximately 11,500 lbs.
Our daily trip to the bars and back was 11 miles max. The truck finally auctioned off with less than 35,000 miles and it was 100% worn out, need virtually every suspension and steering component replaced before it could pass a safety inspection

Stingray

Parts Breaker
CAL4
BRC
Member Number
Loc
So. Cal.
Old men selling leaky ass worn out Jeeps, "HIGH MILES BUT MOSTLY TOWED, I get it old man, you've drug this thing behind the last 6 motorhomes you owned and now it's started to give you trouble cause it's worn the fuck out.

But you want top dollar ..

NOTE** California, so I don't even know salt, or water for that matter, that's a whole other world of shit.

billybob_81067

Redneck
Member Number
Loc
Southeastern Colorado
Lighten up Francis. I'd rather have something with 200k Hwy miles than 100k farm/ranch miles. I buy clapped out pieces of shit knowing full well that they need work... But I also don't pay a premium for them...

Eric

RIP 10/6/2022
Member Number
Loc
Exeter, RI
There IS something to the notion that highway miles are easier on a vehicle. Perhaps the biggest issue is thermal cycling associated with shutoff/restart and stop/go driving which can significantly reduce the life of powertrain components. Also, fatigue life of suspension components depends heavily on peak stress amplitudes which tend to be much higher in city driving compared to highway driving.

IEATRKS84

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Tooele, UT
There IS something to the notion that highway miles are easier on a vehicle. Perhaps the biggest issue is thermal cycling associated with shutoff/restart and stop/go driving which can significantly reduce the life of powertrain components. Also, fatigue life of suspension components depends heavily on peak stress amplitudes which tend to be much higher in city driving compared to highway driving.

so if i idled a car for 1000 hours but it had 20k on it its no big deal?