What's new

Hickory County Missouri.

Lilyota

RIP 7/22/2023
Member Number
Loc
Bolivar MO
Dropped off Austins rig in O'Fallon and went down to Wheatland to visit some friends.

Think we might be moving now:laughing:

My wife can work from anywhere in the world as long as she is online and I work all iver the world now.

Just need to get to an airport.

The move would take about a year , which is what I have left on the current work project.

She looked into the wheelin and it looks decent.

I think the biggest perk would be the lack of a lot of things that I/we don't like about our current place of residence.

I know Landslide slide is in the area and probably won't care for the newb in the area.

But rest assured We are already living very out of place and wouldn't be bringing any of the left coast BS with us.

Dropped off Austins rig in O'Fallon and went down to Wheatland to visit some friends.

Think we might be moving now:laughing:

My wife can work from anywhere in the world as long as she is online and I work all iver the world now.

Just need to get to an airport.

The move would take about a year , which is what I have left on the current work project.

She looked into the wheelin and it looks decent.

I think the biggest perk would be the lack of a lot of things that I/we don't like about our current place of residence.

I know Landslide slide is in the area and probably won't care for the newb in the area.

But rest assured We are already living very out of place and wouldn't be bringing any of the left coast BS with us.

Well, just don’t broadcast your move out here to any of the leftest out there :flipoff2:

st Charles is a good county but it’s been booming for a couple decades and is busy. The growth has spread out west past st Charles county and up north into Lincoln county. I live a couple counties south of st Charles In unincorporated area.

Well there are worse parts of the state. That is a pretty solid conservative area but not a lot of night life. At least when I grew up and went to college around those parts. Farther south would be nicer from my recollection. The lakes in the area are nice. Hope you like banjo music though. Where are you coming from? The culture shock may be extraordinaire.

what mines are you going to work at?

Apparently the schools arent very good cause linkslides reading comprehension sucks. He works all over the world he justneeds to be somewhat near an airport. It was literally in his third and fourth sentence.

:eek:

you should probably come back to Misery for a week in Feb and then in Aug ..... night and day difference from the weather now.

Nice area, my cousin lives about 1/2 way between wheatlands and boliver. Plenty of good wheeling within a few hours of there.

Not much humidity in November.

If it was me I’d have go back when the real weather hits before committing.

I can’t do humidity, especially after 35+ years in CA, coming from IN.

It's been "dry" this past week in TX, I'm dying. When I was at KOH I was hacking blood from dry sinuses. I crave the humidity.

You couldnt pay my to move to Misery. It's the worst of all the seasons.

I lived and still own a home south east of Lake of the Ozarks. I love the Ozarks, but the weather can be extreme.

Ice storms change to hail and tornadoes and flash flooding change to 100 degrees droughts change to hail and tornadoes and flash flooding change back to ice storms.

The transitions are nice though.

Ah part of the six weeks per year that misery isn't a sauna or a freezer. When it comes to weather misurruh really kinda got shafted.

Apparently the schools arent very good cause linkslides reading comprehension sucks. He works all over the world he justneeds to be somewhat near an airport. It was literally in his third and fourth sentence.

At happens when you drink a bit too much :flipoff2:

I didn’t even see hickory county in the title either :laughing:

I grew up going to lake pomme de terre through the 60’s and early 70’s. Learned how to water ski there when I was 6. It’s a muddy lake and more so a fishing lake. Clear water type lakes are south of that area like lake table rock in the Branson mo area bull shoals and norfork east of that lake but mostly in Arkansas.

It's been "dry" this past week in TX, I'm dying. When I was at KOH I was hacking blood from dry sinuses. I crave the humidity.

You couldnt pay my to move to Misery. It's the worst of all the seasons.

Same shit happens to me when ever I traveled to Arizona, dryness killed my sinuses. Humidity here can get very rough for sure, I can’t handle it most times either.

Top Back Refresh