What's new

HF / Northern Tool Fab Table Mods

Dan_Goodwin

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Birmingham, AL
I'm sure many of you have seen the $200 fab table that Northern Tool and now HF have come out with in the recent years (LINK) that is aimed at the amateur fabricator at a great price point. I thought it'd be good to start a thread to see what some of you have done to improve on that table as I think this is a fantastic value and is a really good entry level table. I'll start:

My 'shop' is a 12' x 24' shed that I've crammed all my tools into and still have a little bit of floor space left over to work in. I built the original table a while back and just got the second top for Christmas. The intent is to have the 2nd top fold down to minimize floor space and flip up with legs when needed (legs are in process)

20231227_005943406_iOS.jpg

20231227_005904945_iOS.jpg

20231227_043839834_iOS.jpg

I posted about the HF version when they came out: Harbor Freight Fixture Table

Like you say, I think it is a decent option for entry level without a lot of space. I like your flip-up option for more workspace.

I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. They've been selling out at the local stores as soon as they come in. They do have a display model, though. As I said in the other thread, it's clearly not a Siegmund or Strong Hand, but it has its place.

I posted about the HF version when they came out: Harbor Freight Fixture Table

Like you say, I think it is a decent option for entry level without a lot of space. I like your flip-up option for more workspace.

I haven't been able to get my hands on one yet. They've been selling out at the local stores as soon as they come in. They do have a display model, though. As I said in the other thread, it's clearly not a Siegmund or Strong Hand, but it has its place.
I guess my CRS (can't remember shit) kicked in. I even had your thread bookmarked!

Picked up one of these yesterday. Had very low expectations, but it’s not a bad little table. Definitely not for production or precision work, but worth the nominal investment

Top Back Refresh