What's new

Help with older kenmore elite fridge

Rennat_2006

Member Number
Loc
Idaho
Trying to find the model number on my shop fridge to order a new freezer door gasket for it. Only thing i can find is a sticker on the bottom right(as if your facing it opening doors) which has been ripped off more than likely from our move about a month ago. I will post a pic of it when i can login on my phone. Its a french door with the fridge up top and pull out freezer drawer on the bottom. I have looked all over inside of the fridge and the freezer for another sticker or tag but cant find anything. Does anyone know if there is a hidden tag under a panel in the rear of the fridge or something?

freezer has been icing up real bad for last 6 months or so and recently threw a error code and shut off so i decided it was time to do something about it. Seal around freezer feels like it has lost all of its sponginess and i know this can cause the freezing if its leaking. Would like to order a replacement and try it but cant do shit without the model number.

20201212_234746.jpg

20201212_234816.jpg

20201212_234828.jpg

Last edited:
The manufacturer usually tapes a tech sheet somewhere in the cabinet that’s reasonably accessible. I’d pull off the back panel and look for it there. The ones I’ve seen are usually folded up and have the model number or applicable series of model numbers.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with what they’re actually called.

Last edited:
There's not a label inside the fridge? I thought that was pretty standard where they put the model number, filter numbers, etc.

There's not a label inside the fridge? I thought that was pretty standard where they put the model number, filter numbers, etc.

In every other fridge ive dealt yes there certainly has been but i cant find shit on this thing.

In every other fridge ive dealt yes there certainly has been but i cant find shit on this thing.

Weird.

I googled and found several that looked to have the same water panel thing as yours. Model 79577543600 appears to be the same thing but in stainless so the door seals would probably be the same....assuming it's the same size as yours as well. Without knowing the CF of yours, it's going to be really hard to tell.

Chances are that gasket is the same that's used on a few dozen models by several brands. Pretty much all consumer grade fridges are made by a handful of companies.

You really sure it's the gasket? I've got the same fridge and the defrost only works when the fuck it feels like it. I end up tearing onto it every few months and doing a defrost with a heat gun to get it working again.:rolleyes:

You really sure it's the gasket? I've got the same fridge and the defrost only works when the fuck it feels like it. I end up tearing onto it every few months and doing a defrost with a heat gun to get it working again.:rolleyes:

Gasket is full of sticky shit and pretty much stuck compressed. Idk for sure but figured it was worth a shot.

whats model # on yours

Thanks
mine fill up with a couple of inches deep of ice in the bottom. Just started throwing a error code also, has yours done that?
*looks like yours is a single fridge door instead of the french doors like mine*

Last edited:
Thanks
mine fill up with a couple of inches deep of ice in the bottom. Just started throwing a error code also, has yours done that?
*looks like yours is a single fridge door instead of the french doors like mine*

Single door but freezer looks the same in and out. No codes on mine, I ended up looking on youtube to figure it out. I remember a vid there that explained the codes and how to pull them too.

It was throwing code ER RF on the display on the door.

Putting a tape measure on my gasket it is showing 35"x25", the one i found using 79577543600 shows about an inch bigger.

Pulled the back cover off this thing hoping there would be some information back there and no such luck.

Sounds like i need to order and fan, control board, and the freezer gasket but need that damn information to do so. Anybody got any other ideas?

It was throwing code ER RF on the display on the door.

Putting a tape measure on my gasket it is showing 35"x25", the one i found using 79577543600 shows about an inch bigger.

Measure the inside and see if you can figure out the cubic feet? It'll at least help narrow down the search to a specific size.

Even then outside width and depth may help.

Top Back Refresh