What's new

Help finding a thread

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Looking for the thread on leaf spring bushes with steel sleaves...

Looked thru all the toy section and gen tech ect.
someone posted a pn. For Nissan leaf spring bushed (I think they have steel inserts and 18mm bores) I got pn's but not specs.
time for new bushes and I want to run steel so the grease able pins won't plug up with rubber every month...

thanx fer lookin:beer:

IHOnlyNorth or IH Parts America should be able to get you hooked up

Reno Offroad would be another suggestion

Reactions: Clb
Thanx
now to wait for the desk monkies to get outta bed:laughing:
fun stack of statts listed on the interwebz...
going back in to search button hell:lmao:
​​​​​

Looked thru all the toy section and gen tech ect.
someone posted a pn. For Nissan leaf spring bushed (I think they have steel inserts and 18mm bores) I got pn's but not specs.
time for new bushes and I want to run steel so the grease able pins won't plug up with rubber every month...

thanx fer lookin:beer:

18mm bores in the bushings? I have some sleeves off my Xterra sitting out in the garage. I can go check them, bug 18mm sounds about right. They should be the same for 80's through mid-2000's nissans.

Edit: Nope. They're 19mm

I'm betting it's the early 90's D21 pickup. Rear bolts are 12mm. If those sleeves on the right are 3mm thick they'd be 18mm OD.

7_2102G_v1_20110616__ra_p.jpg - Click image for larger version Name:	7_2102G_v1_20110616__ra_p.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	206227

18 mm shackle pin, so 18 mm id steel, I will look those up may be a good start...thanx

usually I do lots of reading, without asking questions..

but I do from time to time.. and usually I get great answers..

so I've been following this thread, and I keep asking myself..

how does anything for that matter.. plug up with rubber?? how does rubber form and grow somewhere??

is it some sort of expression?

how does anything for that matter.. plug up with rubber?? how does rubber form and grow somewhere??

is it some sort of expression?

the rubber is molded typically under pressure and as it degrades and wears, little bits of it fail to adhere and "grow" back to a more natural loose state and become less effective as bushings

18 mm shackle pin, so 18 mm id steel, I will look those up may be a good start...thanx

Oh, then the bigger ones on the loeft in those pics are what you're looking. The front spring bolt on '96-97 D21's is 18mm.

Reactions: Clb
As usual arti brings the ???wtf???

Here is your spoon (I usually read a lot first b.s.)

Have you never ran greasable pins on an rubber ONLY bush?
Oh yea you drive a stock ferd truck :lmao: :flipoff2:.

The trend has been to sell a greasable pins designed for a steel sleeved bush , for toyotas.
they clog the grease port with rubber dust.

Thanx Province,bgaidan

Doesn't normal grease fuck up poly bushings though? I thought you had to use silicon grease or something like that.

I think so...
just lookin for a steel lined bush just steel on the bolt side, so if it is poly, worst case it still outlasts the rubber and I get grease steel to steel.
Unless I'm missing something.
I will lose some flex due to the steel liner but the steel rubber steel bushes lose most all of it.
I remember once upon a time some hiem joint type spring eyes, but not an a $20 pricepoint .
looks like the fronts on d21 may work.

Top Back Refresh