What's new

help a newbie out

Member Number
Loc
socal
i have a 03 tahoe with a 246, want to swap to a 241c (i believe this is what i want, but essentially want a manual case).

ive read i may have to swap input shafts depending on the year/application. so what is the unicorn magical bolt up case, what is the one that i can make work?

I would assume the transmission output is typical 4l60e 27 spline. Id try to snag a 241C out of a 1500 truck

Keeping it in the correct generation a 261 1/2t would be dirrect bolt in. Wouldnt even need to change drive lines. But its the same seires of tcase that need the ass half swapped out for alum.

Keeping it in the correct generation a 261 1/2t would be dirrect bolt in. Wouldnt even need to change drive lines. But its the same seires of tcase that need the ass half swapped out for alum.
front suspension is getting completely switched up as is the rear ... so driveshafts are already on the list. downside to the 261 is the lack of a fixed front output

to be honest swapping out the input is really easy. i did this to a couple jeep cases when i had my WJ.

Top Back Refresh