What's new

Helmet wording, font suggestion

What?

Member Number
Loc
Hell
It'll be Reflective sticker type so it can be seen easily.

Likely it'll be DEAF RIDER, Possibly Deaf Guy or just Deaf

I'm curious which FONT seems more "readable" most of you

Suggestions welcome.

sticker.png
sticker2.png
sticker3.png
sticker4.png

the hard part is how to make it short and large enough to be useful :laughing: can't hardly read a fox sticker when a horn would matter :flipoff2:

Here, view from a following driver. Photoshop some words on, and see what you can read from 50 feet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	original.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.0 KB ID:	61800

If you can't hear the pipes, can they be too loud?

I think that's fantastic. Simple at a glance, and it doesn't look like some damned Monster/Saltlife brand logo.

Have you considered simplifying it to the min necessary...

"FAG"

...AND THEN SMALLER:

"LOUD PIPES PREVENT FONZENUNES"

My question is this...
If the average cager cannot see a 600# 2 wheeled item on the road, HOW are they gunna see a helmet sticker?

I don't think it's for visibility, it's to let them know he's not going to hear them coming, or their horn.

My question is this...
If the average cager cannot see a 600# 2 wheeled item on the road, HOW are they gunna see a helmet sticker?

Actually, idea came from folks talking to me while gassing up, rest area, etc. Works good as "mask" grocery stores in other state lol.

One of my friend enjoys this part. When some people talk to me from side as passing by and obvious no reply from me. They'd mumble asshole. My friend gladly inform them I'm not just an asshole but I'm deaf.

Thanks subybaja Ted_Kaczynski :beer:

Now I'll need the Irate4x4 Sticker salute on it. :laughing:

Last edited:
I'd just leave it as is.

Do you like that Bilt helmet? My experience with that brand has been cheapest, most worthless, fall apart if you look at it wrong, crap. No way I'd use one of their lids.

Ditch the helmet, how dare you expect someone else wipe your ass for the rest of your life after you go down and come up a quad, without a scratch on your face.

Op I see your reasoning.
That would make "regular style" deaf guy font min. 2" letters for a 20' sightline...

Ditch the helmet, how dare you expect someone else wipe your ass for the rest of your life after you go down and come up a quad, without a scratch on your face.
My face is ugly enough as is, give nurse a bit of a break. :flipoff2:

I'd just leave it as is.

Do you like that Bilt helmet? My experience with that brand has been cheapest, most worthless, fall apart if you look at it wrong, crap. No way I'd use one of their lids.
It was spur of moment for $90, perfect for first timer so I can take time with other helmet for better fitment.

Review show some rider crash with helmet and said it did it's job.

Almost a year with it, 10k+ miles. It seems to be a bit softer/loose than when I first got it.

Update, got new helmet. Much of an improvement of fitment than previous helmet. Though it fogs up quicker, slow breathing through nose is what I do.

Attachments

• 1619800967509-1292718640.jpg
    1619800967509-1292718640.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 16198010048881263626378.jpg
    16198010048881263626378.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
It'll be Reflective sticker type so it can be seen easily.

Likely it'll be DEAF RIDER, Possibly Deaf Guy or just Deaf

I'm curious which FONT seems more "readable" most of you

Suggestions welcome.

sticker.png

If you're actually trying to inform people, this one sounds like a public service announcement. The other ones sound more like a joke or an edgy bumper sticker.

My face is ugly enough as is, give nurse a bit of a break. :flipoff2:

It was spur of moment for $90, perfect for first timer so I can take time with other helmet for better fitment.

Review show some rider crash with helmet and said it did it's job.

Almost a year with it, 10k+ miles. It seems to be a bit softer/loose than when I first got it.

Update, got new helmet. Much of an improvement of fitment than previous helmet. Though it fogs up quicker, slow breathing through nose is what I do.
Get a pinlock insert and it'll fix your fogging issue.

Wait, I forgot you're deaf

GET A PINLOCK INSERT FOR THE FOGGING

Agreed on keeping simple, as large a font as possible- "DEAF". In the society of stupid we live in once it gets longer than that people ignore, can't read, can't see it at a quick glance, gets lost in the 'noise' etc.

Bonus points for going reflective for night visibility?

Top Back Refresh