What's new

Healthy Munchies

grumpy356

bordering on illiterate
Member Number
Do we have a Healthy Munchies thread?

What munchies do y'all go to?

The M&M's are making me fat.

Beat me to it. Absolutely my go-to... peanuts, cashews, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.

We always have a variety of nuts in the snack cupboard.

We usually have an assortment of cheese, salami, and lunch meat on hand too. I’m not sure if they’re “healthy snacks”, but they aren’t cupcakes and Hohos :homer:

Sometimes we have carrots and celery too, to go with the ranch dressing :grinpimp:

We keep a lot of munchies stuff on hand and most of it is healthy. Nuts and seeds, pepperoni sticks, cheese, good crackers like triskits and dry breads like melba toast. Good fruit cups, granola, protein bars and we will cut up celery and carrots and bag them up to grab and go.

In the summer we will throw most of the above out onto a tray during the weekend just to snack on while we are busy doing something else.

Truthfully I have to admit we also have a copious amount of unhealthy snacks laying around too, thing is we just don't seem to go for them as much.

What we have.
String cheese
Pork rinds
Nuts
Deli meat
Block cheese
Triscuits
Blueberries
Raspberries
Strawberries
Grapes
Alouette

Tuna packet, sardines, beef jerky.

Tangerine, banana, yogart.

granola bars
colby jack cheese sticks
yogurt
roasted peanuts

The M&M's are making me fat.
I'll get nuts, raisins, dried fruit & mix them then add the M&M's. Good energy treat.

A better accomplishment would be stirring in above plus real peanut butter/oats/sliced apples/sliced bananas for a healthier option-

Apples, bananas, oranges, real jerky, some nut cracker deals my wife gets and put tuna on them, and of course beer:flipoff2:

i keep dry roasted unsalted nuts in my desk drawer to snack on when im hungry.

at home on the weekends i snack on dry roasted unsalted nuts, cheese and lunch meet. i am working on limiting sugars in my consumption, so i stay away from processed stuff. jocko discipline go's have help curb my sweet drinks urges and his molk protien have helped with the sweet tooth at night, mix it with milk. occasionally i will drink it during the day.

I‘ve replaced chips w/ dehydrated okra or green beans. Peppered turkey breast and havarti cheese is always on hand. I don’t do lactose, but I keep some coconut milk yogurt on hand as well.

I also like to buy a bag of those sweet peppers and I’ll cut them in half and store them in the fridge as a hummus delivery device.

Cut a bell pepper into 4ths lengthwise (so you have little bell pepper boats).
Spread cream cheese on bottom
Add quinoa (cook it with a little chicken broth, mushrooms, onions, and tomato)
Add a slice of Avocado on top

Boom. Healthy snacks.

Another favorite of mine that's super convenient:

Hummus, sharp cheese and a grape. Put it all on a pita chip and enjoy. Add another veg if wanted

Pickles. Home made or otherwise.
Along with some crackers and sardines.
images.jpeg

We always have salami, peperoni, cheese & lunch meat. Also take a can of costco chicken and add mayo and relish. Now eat with a spoon. Mini sweet bell peppers, lots of carrots and other amond butter delivery devices. Usually apples, oranges and bananas as well. Need to start keeping cashews and almonds on hand again and back off the cheese and lunch meat.

I imagined if used frr bait all I'd catch is 'coons unsure if fishes eat the spicys?
These little bastards!
picked up a bag today different brand, fawkrs are tasty!

Top Back Refresh