What's new

Heads Up Jeepers

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
We've been talking forum consolidation in chit chat and in an effort to shrink things down a bit we're going to be dropping the Jeep section to just one forum. This will give people less places to have to look for cool builds.

All your restoration, basic or newb Jeeps question can go there. If you got four link or one-ton projects, you'll probably want to head over to the General 4x4 forum.

Now if all JKO or that kind of model specific forum decides to move over here one day we'll reevaluate. Until then we're staying small.

We'll be making this move this weekend, your existing posts will all be moved to the Jeep forum, and if you want them moved elsewhere after just let me know.

Interesting how my post got deleted, my bad for assuming this BB was supposed to be better than PBB... Same shit, same ass hats.

I figured you were just being a smart ass. cleaning up for moving stuff around ...

Holly jeeze
yea Austin I think you cut the fat some there...

one tribe could work...
Maybe do early (cj and back)
And late? yuppie jeeps (wrangler onward)
​​​​​​

Holly jeeze
yea Austin I think you cut the fat some there...

one tribe could work...
Maybe do early (cj and back)
And late? yuppie jeeps (wrangler onward)
​​​​​​

CJ7 and YJ share an awful lot in common actually. Lots of parts work on both and interchange. If anything I’d say keep it simple. Jeep hardcore and Jeep softcore. You want to slap a rough crappy lift and some shittybuilt bumpers on your Heep, softcore. Tons, links, phase 4 builds and above go on hardcore.

Why do the Jeep guys need so many forums? At some point you have a built rig thats got a Jeep body part or two ... Thats a hard core rig for Gen 4x4. Leave the Jeep to newb questions, mild builds and restorations.

I am a Jeep guy, so don't think i'm beating them up, just keeping shit on a level playing field.

Just to give you an idea ... Everything else is going foreign / domestic so ...

I like it. Keep it simple. You could never cover every Jeep make that’s being built at some level these days.

Why do the Jeep guys need so many forums? At some point you have a built rig thats got a Jeep body part or two ... Thats a hard core rig for Gen 4x4. Leave the Jeep to newb questions, mild builds and restorations.

I am a Jeep guy, so don't think i'm beating them up, just keeping shit on a level playing field.

Because jeep guys are fags. :jeepwave:

This is perfect.

Would be fun to see a "unibody" forum in the future. I bet there are some cool oddball builds that would cross over with the Cherokees.

20171112_183049.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20171112_183049.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.1 KB ID:	10350
this and that section...
austin how does the like button happen?

its-a-jeep-thing-you-wouldnt-understand-made-on-inngur-2459354.jpg

All your restoration, basic or newb Jeeps question can go there. If you got four link or one-ton projects, you'll probably want to head over to the General 4x4 forum.

Would it be easier for you to move my build thread to Gen4x4, or should I do it?

Blue Jeep build in the JK section.

Honestly I don't agree with the Jeep section being one as the way it is now allows me to focus on the model I have. I realize I have no say in this, but just voicing my opinion. What ever way it goes, I'll just learn to get around anyway.

I also like the idea of one big jeep forum. It makes it fun to browse through and see other people's projects that you wouldn't otherwise see. Keeps us from getting tunnel vision.

On the other hand, I remember when pirate didn't have a Jeep noob forum and everyone posted into one. There were a ton of hardcore builds in there and anytime someone wanted to know why their jeep wouldn't start or some other small question, they would get flamed into oblivion. It turned into another Gen4x4, where if you were not dovetailing your jeep skinned tube chassis on tons, you better not be taking. I remember having a CPS sensor issue on my 4.0 back then and getting shot down immediately.

I also like the idea of one big jeep forum. It makes it fun to browse through and see other people's projects that you wouldn't otherwise see. Keeps us from getting tunnel vision.

On the other hand, I remember when pirate didn't have a Jeep noob forum and everyone posted into one. There were a ton of hardcore builds in there and anytime someone wanted to know why their jeep wouldn't start or some other small question, they would get flamed into oblivion. It turned into another Gen4x4, where if you were not dovetailing your jeep skinned tube chassis on tons, you better not be taking. I remember having a CPS sensor issue on my 4.0 back then and getting shot down immediately.

True, but that had to be several years ago, and this site, or the PBB, doesn't have that traffic level anymore. So far I've only seen a couple of hardcore jeep builds recently, yours being one. At this point I don't think anyone would care if you posted newb questions in the jeep forum, or any forum for that matter.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the willys section on the old PBB. It was relatively active compared to even the toyota section towards the end. There were some good builds in there too. I don't frequent it though because I don't own one of those jeeps and they just don't currently fit my family life. Combining it all into one jeep section will help to increase the visibility of individual threads. Keep in mind you only need to look at the threads you want to look at. If you don't want to look at JKs you can cruise past them and look at something else. I'm sure as traffic increases the sections will be seperated out a bit more once again. We have to get there first though.

As I recall the jeep newb section was added as a response to declining traffic levels. In addition to trying to seperate out some of the repeat questions wasn't it also part of the kinder, friendlier PBB to try to get new people to stick around a bit longer?

Kevin

Yeah, the newb section was supposed to be flame free or at least mild burn.

I like the idea. Mine is kind of an odd build. I left power to xfer alone and went tons and 4 links. I have a stock interior other than a fuel cell in back and a lifted section of floor. I mostly belong in gen 4x4. On the old board, I didn't feel particularly welcome there and stayed mostly in the jeep section. That worked there because there were so many radical builds that it worked. Here, we are starting over mostly, so condensing the more radical builds into 1 section makes sense to me.

Pretty much.............the link Jeeps vs the leaf springers ? I have from '42 to 79 and each one is a leaf spring version with one link suspension. I have had a TJ and the biggest fucking POS EVER a JKU. Point is, when your digging around trying to find info, leaf vs link might be a good separation ??? Year is a non-consideration, just look in the area that is your type of suspension. I run both, but it has nothing to do with year or "type" of Jeep. Or just lump it all together like PBB, "stock" vs "hardcore" ?

Just a thought.................besides, Jeep guys are snivelin' bitches so ya know.........it is what it is.

We've been talking forum consolidation in chit chat and in an effort to shrink things down a bit we're going to be dropping the Jeep section to just one forum. This will give people less places to have to look for cool builds.

Now if all JKO or that kind of model specific forum decides to move over here one day we'll reevaluate. Until then we're staying small.

We'll be making this move this weekend, your existing posts will all be moved to the Jeep forum, and if you want them moved elsewhere after just let me know.

Is this still happening?

Is this still happening?

I go back and fourth on it. It would make peoples projects more visible to everybody, yet I get tons of messages per day of people wanting a thread for this and that.

It's also really nice to have the URL have the words 'Jeep' and the model in it for search engine reasons. Should help people find the place whenb google'n for 'Jeep CJ axles' for example

I'm working on setting up a Tag system. So you can create your post, tag it with 'YJ' or 'FJ' or 'LS' etc etc so you can go into a forum and just filter for what you're looking for.

I'm certainly open to anybody putting in their $.02 on it

Is this still happening?

It happened.

All posts are in order of date posted. If you need me to edit your title and throw a model in it give me a heads up with a Austin to get my attention

As I said in GCC, if one model starts drowning out the whole section then we'll make a sub-forum. Until then, use Jeepers can all get along and enjoy the brand as a whole.

Newb, restores and general builds here. If your build is barely a Jeep anymore, you may belong in General Tech

It certainly appears that you deleted it. Surely that's not the case.

Kowboy I've been looking into this for about an hour and it seems to be the case, but I assure you it was 100% not intentional. I honestly cannot figure out why or how it happened but I'll give you a step by step of what I did.... I owe you that.
  • When consolidating the Jeep forums I used VB's 'bulk move' feature.
  • Moved the 'JK' forum's posts to it's root of 'Jeep'
  • Then deleted the 'JK' forum so no new posts could be created in it.
  • Repeat for each subforum.
I can't figure out how other JK topics were moved and not that one, it makes zero sense. It's odd that it's the only topic lost, at least that I'm aware of. Of all topics, one where somebody is helping to advertise is certainly not one I want to loose.

The only 2 possibilities I can possibly imagine is that either A) it was deleted before the move and bulk move doesn't move those or B) somebody posted in it during the move which prevented it from moving and was dropped somehow. Both seem far fetched but those are my best guesses.:confused:

I was doing backups between each step of ALL of the changes I made last night, unfortunately once an update checked out ok I overwrote that backup with the next backup before proceeding to the next update. Condensing the Jeep forums was in the middle somewhere and that backup was overwritten.

All I can say is that we start over, hopefully my little contest coming up in Aug will help with that as well.

Truly Sorry man :shaking:

Dear Austin:

Where the fuck did my JK photo contest go sir??? I did a search for threads I've started and it don't come up no more. It certainly appears that you deleted it. Surely that's not the case. :mad3:

Kowboy I've been looking into this for about an hour and it seems to be the case, but I assure you it was 100% not intentional. I honestly cannot figure out why or how it happened but I'll give you a step by step of what I did.... I owe you that.
I can't figure out how other JK topics were moved and not that one, it makes zero sense. It's odd that it's the only topic lost, at least that I'm aware of. Of all topics, one where somebody is helping to advertise is certainly not one I want to loose.

The only 2 possibilities I can possibly imagine is that either A) it was deleted before the move and bulk move doesn't move those or B) somebody posted in it during the move which prevented it from moving and was dropped somehow. Both seem far fetched but those are my best guesses.:confused:

I was doing backups between each step of ALL of the changes I made last night, unfortunately once an update checked out ok I overwrote that backup with the next backup before proceeding to the next update. Condensing the Jeep forums was in the middle somewhere and that backup was overwritten.

All I can say is that we start over, hopefully my little contest coming up in Aug will help with that as well.

Wasn't it a sticky? Maybe that's why is didn't go with everything else?

Orrrrr, we can just agree that I won ..........................................where's my money?:flipoff2:

Wasn't it a sticky? Maybe that's why is didn't go with everything else?

Orrrrr, we can just agree that I won ..........................................where's my money?:flipoff2:

It was but that didn't matter

Too much armchair quarterbacking.
Backups
Good luck man.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh