What's new

Headers for a Bravada

muadib

Annoying Consultant
Member Number
Loc
Near the middle
94 Bravada (S-10) - not a lotta room as is. Gonna do a body swap, keep 4.3 and drivetrain (maybe manual TC).
Want some more zip in the V6. Is there room for headers?? Any specifics? Or is this simple self-abuse for no real improvement?

Well you can cram a 350 in there with headers, so Id imaging you could fit them on the 4.3-

Can you really? I had heard differing reports. Don't know anyone with a V8 conversion but I know it's been done, just didn't know the amount of surgery involved.
A 350 is a big mod, i'm told. I just wanted a good running gear and frame for a body swap.

Look for headers for the 1994 S-10 Blazer, which is the sister vehicle if I remember correctly, and you'll have better luck finding options. Quick search popped up with the following link:

As to whether they'll really help with the performance you want, I could not tell you.

Good luck... 😉

TY.
Gotta do my research. Behind the curve on this. Notta lotta people talking about V6 performance.
Next time I'll try to ask an informed question.
Still think this will be a good project. Gonna tear into it here in another couple weeks.

JBA used to make headers for the 4.3L. Not sure if they are still on the market. I put them on my S10 some years back, the stock exhaust manifolds were cracked and needed replacement anyway so I upgraded. It made a little more power, enough to notice a difference, but not that much. The little heat shields would not swap over to the headers and melted some spark plug boots so I ended up wrapping headers and man it really cooled down the engine bay. Drivers side is kinda goofy, the middle tube goes around the steering shaft. Snapped a pic when I had everything apart doing solid axle swap

20200810_221037.jpg

Updates?

Find headers?

What intake do you have?

I have 93 Bravade 4.3 with CMPI that has wiring issues.
I want to go yo 4bbl and headers...

I pulled the 4.3/700R4 and am in process of LSA/6l80e.

Top Back Refresh