What's new

HDT Picture thread

Did it start life as a 3 axle tractor ?

Almost ready for the trip from Louisiana to Moab
IMG_4945.jpeg

Did it start life as a 3 axle tractor ?
It did. I just got it back from getting singled and shortened. My directions changed from hauling one car on the truck and pulling a camper to hauling 2 cars on a trailer so I didn’t need all the extra running gear, weight and length on the back of the truck.

Another pic of it...when we picked up my trailer
20190127_124524.jpg

Look for the "pig snout":laughing: hood...those are the ones with the larger motor in the freightliner...if it has a sloped hood it's either a 6.7 or 8.9 Cummins usually

What conversion is that? Not a sport chassis? I have a older 4 door sport chassis.

What conversion is that? Not a sport chassis? I have a older 4 door sport chassis.
It was built like that originally...just a 2006 freightliner m112 with the 12.8 mercedes, only had like 48k miles on it.....it was ordered with base interior, air ride cab and rear end, and big engine...

buddy bought it out of florida and we drove it to vegas...about 5 or 6 yrs ago....buddy then spent 20k getting the interior fully pimped out with new air ride seats etc. Also had it dyno tuned to 550hp to the rear wheels :smokin:

Has about 75k miles on it now...

It was built like that originally...just a 2006 freightliner m112 with the 12.8 mercedes, only had like 48k miles on it.....it was ordered with base interior, air ride cab and rear end, and big engine...

buddy bought it out of florida and we drove it to vegas...about 5 or 6 yrs ago....buddy then spent 20k getting the interior fully pimped out with new air ride seats etc. Also had it dyno tuned to 550hp to the rear wheels :smokin:

Has about 75k miles on it now...

Bet she pulls great!

Bet she pulls great!
Yes she does...

Buddy has a Monaco with the 8.3 cummins ...I had one with 10.8 cummins...and dude with the freightliner was towing 21k...we were on i40 going up hill....I was a mile in front of the 8.3...and the freightliner was just walking away from me:laughing::laughing:

Yes she does...

Buddy has a Monaco with the 8.3 cummins ...I had one with 10.8 cummins...and dude with the freightliner was towing 21k...we were on i40 going up hill....I was a mile in front of the 8.3...and the freightliner was just walking away from me:laughing::laughing:
To be fair, when I had an 8.3 in a 38' DP I ran in lower gears and off the throttle when climbing hills for the fuel economy gains in the mountains. I couldn't tell you how it pulled up a grade at full throttle, never tried, nor did I want to burn it up. It was set at 300/1300 from the factory. (available up to 310/1300).

That 8.3 would walk several M11s I have driven over the years, they were mostly 280/1050-330/1250 spec (but available up to 500/1550).

To be fair, when I had an 8.3 in a 38' DP I ran in lower gears and off the throttle when climbing hills for the fuel economy gains in the mountains. I couldn't tell you how it pulled up a grade at full throttle, never tried, nor did I want to burn it up. It was set at 300/1300 from the factory. (available up to 310/1300).

That 8.3 would walk several M11s I have driven over the years, they were mostly 280/1050-330/1250 spec (but available up to 500/1550).

Most RV 8.3 are set at 300 / 1000 tq....

My rv m11 was 450/1450... some were 500/1500 in rv applications....

Top Back Refresh