What's new

Have your earnings increased in the welfare era?

the conservative atheist

😷😷😷ㅤ=ㅤ🐑🐑🐑
Member Number
With "now hiring" signs everywhere, and the apparent labor shortage, has anyone with a job the whole time actually seen an increase in pay? NOT talking about getting overtime, but an actual increase in your salary or hourly rate, using the current climate as leverage?

Are you better off monkey-branching to a competitor to get a significant bump?

Obviously, a lot of "now hiring" signs are for low-skilled, shit jobs. Is this spilling over into professional sectors in your experience?

It feels like the low-skilled wages are going up, higher skilled remaining flat.

Have I gotten more the last year or two? Yes.
Is it more of an increase than I was seeing in years past? No.

Nothing's changed in the professional/highly skilled world, everyone kept working and was business as usual mostly. The now hiring is really isolated to the low skill positions where the vast majority of that workforce got comfy sucking the governments teat.

4% last year. Previous year, our anniversary stipend when up MAJOR. From like $125 to $700.

New contract coming up soon. I want to push 10%.

A few applicants have rescinded an office job offer because their employer made a strong counteroffer. It's possible that was the applicant's strategy for getting a significant raise. The timing is right for that strategy if you want more pay but don't necessarily want to leave the company.

We have seen a Huge attrition rate for my job compared to last few years. We have lost about 29% of the people in my position so far to date. We usually see about 10% total for a year. about 50% said it was a work life balance issue and the other 50% said it was for more pay else where. So I havent seen any increase but it is happening. I work in a very specialized position so the more people that leave, the more the company panics. Last time this happened about 5 years ago, everyone in my position got about a %15 increase in base salary, so I'm hoping that is the path we are heading down again.

nothing the past 2 years. lots of we are lucky to be as busy as we are talk and we appreciate your efforts during these hard times.

the semi-skilled and skilled labor will be sliding down the curve moving forward.

Yes, 3.3% this year, but it's not keeping up with the cost of things going up....

The last salary increase I saw, didn't cover the increase in health insurance cost. I saw my take home pay go down.

I've been at work throughout this whole scamdemic, in fact last quarter was a new high record earnings.

I'm currently at 140% of my 2020 YTD pay. We've had 4 price increases since January, and I get paid based on a percentage of total purchases in AZ and SoNV, where there is a building boom. I don't know how long it will last, but inflation is a good thing for me.

me and allot of the other contractors i work with gave ourselves raises. and i know i'm focusing on bid jobs as much as i can.

No. My raise was very counteracted by the “not inflation” increases in everything. We are living the lowest quality of life we’ve lived in 10 years now.

I'm not sure, Expenses are up, mainly fuel and the 4 man crew I hired for half a day recently but so is value of stuff I gather and sell.

Side hustle: two cat fiends handed me 600$ for a 200k mi rotted focus wagon that ran good and had the factory cat. Maybe I should have scrapped it myself?

My wifes company just gave her a raise based on what her job pays elsewhere in the market we live in. Unsolicited as well and she was already making good money before the raise. :smokin:

I'm Union and get "cost of living" raises every 18 months or so. No complaints here.

I'm not sure, Expenses are up, mainly fuel and the 4 man crew I hired for half a day recently but so is value of stuff I gather and sell.

Side hustle: two cat fiends handed me 600$ for a 200k mi rotted focus wagon that ran good and had the factory cat. Maybe I should have scrapped it myself?
you coulda got that outta the catalyst alone
then sold the car as parts

can't really respond, quit my job like a year ago
I'll have to ask if they increased their payscale with the inflation. I really doubt it.

Any chance of a pay raise this year has gotten eaten up by obidens fuel increases. I’m sure I’ll be giving my guys a 1.00 a hour raise in spring

1% raise both of the last two years along with a <$1000 bonus while my house is under contract to sell for more then 30% more than I paid in 2019.
Record numbers for the company along with multiple openings and stagnate pay.

Our col stuff happens in March every year. They base it off of being "above industry average" without stating specifics. There is no individual negotiating at my company unless you're an executive.

Civil Engineering / Land Survey. Triangle area of NC.

Annual cost of living raise for everybody right on schedule. We never blinked from day one with demand, it just happened differently with the clients. Last year was our record year so far as a 50+ year old company with higher than usual end of year bonuses but we recently expanded slightly as a whole and merged with a small 4 employee company with full work load attached.

Amazingly with the rising costs of homes, the demand has ticked up actually a tad higher now that it has been in the past few years. For anybody I know that does anything but serve food, the demand is higher in this area. Electrical, hvac, you name it. But the "BIG" difference is the availability of supplies, not the inflation of the price. Everything from electrical boxes to ac units are scarce. Forget getting your AC fixed by a reproduction part right now, your only option is to upgrade entirely. It made the local news of how many people don't have AC due to "waiting on a part" to fix their old one. I just had a new AC unit installed yesterday (replaced a 25 YO system that died) and even then they had to source for it, purchase it outright and hold it until I was ready.

you coulda got that outta the catalyst alone
then sold the car as parts
Meh, Paid 100 for the car drove it 140 miles home on the gas in the tank when purchased, posted it up, next day it was gone.

Kept the same job the whole time 4% merit raise last year at this time, 3% COLA in December , and getting another 3% merit starting this period and they are talking a 6% cola in December coming up. The merit raises will vary based on budget and performance, but COLA is consistent top to bottom.

general 3% raises last couple of years but getting hit up weekly for other better offers. I think the job market for professionals is as hot as it's been in years. It's a really good time to look at hopping to another company people are throwing out big dollars right now. My boss just gave his notice and got a 30% raise for his next job. Two of my peers left in the last 60 days for 15-25% raises. The money is out there but not at your current company

Top Back Refresh