What's new

Haunted house, ghost stories, supernatural experiences

Tin Roof

Rusted
Member Number
Loc
Iowa
My wife grew up in the house we currently live in, and her dad and oldest sister both talk about seeing random figures in the house years ago. We’ve lived here roughly 15 years and haven’t had any experiences until recently, as in the past couple years. My wife and our 20 year old son both say they have seen figures and have noticed things moved from where they left them. A few months ago when my wife was home alone and using the upstairs bathroom the swiffer that was leaning against the wall in the hall got moved so that it was leaning up against the bathroom door and fell into the bathroom when she opened the door. She said it was a few feet down the hall and there’s no way it could have naturally fallen against the door.

During the week I sleep in my recliner due to my schedule being significantly different than my wife’s, and our 3 labs sleep in the living room with me. This morning at 2am they woke me up growling and were staring at the living room door. When I woke up I didn’t see anything but thought I could hear footsteps. If the dogs hear one of the kids or the wife come down the stairs or think someone is at the door they always run to investigate. This time they all stayed by me and growled. Probably a coincidence but still was a little unnerving at 2am.

Anyone else have any stories? I couldn’t find a thread here when I searched.

Me and a buddy had a ghost guide us through an old railroad tunnel at 3am. We had this idea to walk the whole mile with no flashlights.

On the way back, mu buddy said, “Dude, do you see that light?” I said yeah, but we chocked it up to another buddy who stayed back at the car with two chics who were too scared to go in.

When we got back he was sitting on the hood and those girls swore they wouldn’t let him leave them. That candle light hovered just in front of us almost the whole way back. Wasn’t creepy. Kind of cool, actually.

I lived in a house for 12 years where the first 10 I always saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye. My cat would turn its head to it also and stare. I always told my wife there was a shadow figure, but it was never scary and never any other sign. She said I was crazy. We remodeled the house after year 10 and I never saw it again. ??

Friend of mine in High School had a old creepy house.
You could hear people coming up the steps, bedrooms were upstairs, living down stairs. clunk, and the creak of their weight on the step, creak sound. 14 steps to the top. clunk/creak all the way up Footsteps down the wooden hallway, same deal, clunk, creak of the board. This was a old house, the "HVAC' was the ol vent-in-the-floor, and down stairs its a vent-in-the-ceiling/ for the heat to get upstairs. Anyway, hear that metal clank, step step step, Counting the steps, they should be standing at the door all the way at the end of the hallway where the bedrooms were
Whip the door open and there is no one there.

He had a older brother that left for the Army, you could hear someone going through his drawers like they were looking for something in the middle of the night. No one was there

Spending the night, my bed would shake, like someone was trying to wake you up for something at who-knows what time in the morning, thought it was the spin cycle in the washing machine or something, nope

To add to the 'vibe' the people that lived there before were a retired couple that were found murdered in their car on a logging road . Up until recently the Unsolved Mystery's crew filmed their story in the house. I think they did found one of the killers in some Alaska village 30 years later

That house was a treasure of story's

Parent's house is (was?) haunted. It was their summer place and when I moved I lived there for about six months.

The end of the bed would sink down like someone was sitting on it.

Creaks on the hardwood floor as though someone was walking.

Curtain all messed up.

Dishes taken out of the sink.

Dirty bathtub rings.

The worst was the screaming. The basement door led into the kitchen. You'd hear someone pounding pretty decent on the door. It woke my Dad up and he went down to yell at them to shut up.

I was so happy to leave. Folks redid the stairs leading up. Tore the wall paper off and it red TINA WAS HERE in red letters. Dubbed her Tina.

Someone died a horrible death there, I swear.

I'd never believe such a thing until I lived through it. That was miserable.

Friend had a waterbed back then.
You could see someone was 'sitting' on the bed

big ol human butt size water dent just right there

In the first house my wife and I bought, one had to push into the front door to get the deadbolt to lock.

One day I went out to get the mail, and when I returned, I tried to open the door and the deadbolt had been set. Thinking my wife was playing a funny on me, I began banging on the door repeatedly so as to annoy her. She opened the door, and she was all "WTF is your problem"?

Well, she was majorly annoyed as she had been in the bathroom all this time. She asked why I set the deadbolt just to check the mail. I explained that I didn't and didn't even have the house key on me.

We were both all :eek: :eek: :eek:

There was no plausible explanation.

As time passed there were other weird things that happened like unexplained tapping on one part of the house at night and objects being moved around.

Nothing really "bad" ever happened, just prank like unexplainable events.

Our neighbor in the house behind ours once saw a wolf walking through their house late at night, and then disappear into their oven.

Weird shit happened in that neighborhood....

Was in the National Guard and we had one of those very old and very old school armories that looked like a castle outside and in. It was a weekend drill and me and one of the other officers lived too far away to justify the late night/o-dark thirty commute, so we bunked in the officer's lounge.

All of the lights were on in the hallways 24/7. We were setting up our respective bunks and we heard talking and footsteps in the main hallway outside.

Now this was a hallway a good 20 feet wide and 300 feet long. Down towards the other end we see two people walking away from us. We could hear that they were speaking to each other. We started walking down to see who they were, because we were supposed to be the only people there.

As we approached the two turned into a room. We clearly saw which room it was. We got to the room and it was empty and without any other means of egress.

My house was built in 1871. One of the oldest houses in my town. There is an entire page about it in the history of grass valley book I have.

Haunted as fuck.

About 8 years ago I had an entertainment center that held my tv on top and had two glass doors below it. Behind them was where the cable boxes, and dvds would go.

About 3 am I hear what sounds like a horse being dropped in my kitchen from about 30 feet in the air. I come down stairs and the 2 glass doors of the entertainment center are in about 20k pieces. My living room is "L" shaped. The glass pieces had managed to make the 90 degree turn in the living room and were in EVERY SINGLE CORNER of the place.

Every single kitchen cabinet door was open and pulled all the way out. Evey cupboard door was open, and all my shit on the mantle above the fire place was on the floor.

It was exactly like a scene out of paranormal activity. Scared the absolute shit out of me

My house was built in 1871. One of the oldest houses in my town. There is an entire page about it in the history of grass valley book I have.

Haunted as fuck.

About 8 years ago I had an entertainment center that held my tv on top and had two glass doors below it. Behind them was where the cable boxes, and dvds would go.

About 3 am I hear what sounds like a horse being dropped in my kitchen from about 30 feet in the air. I come down stairs and the 2 glass doors of the entertainment center are in about 20k pieces. My living room is "L" shaped. The glass pieces had managed to make the 90 degree turn in the living room and were in EVERY SINGLE CORNER of the place.

Every single kitchen cabinet door was open and pulled all the way out. Evey cupboard door was open, and all my shit on the mantle above the fire place was on the floor.

It was exactly like a scene out of paranormal activity. Scared the absolute shit out of me
i would’ve put that fucker on the market the next day

Same house different day

My friend got the old OUIJA board, (didn't help the creep factor for me at all :laughing:)
Story was, this ghost was very fond of my friend and didn't like any girls around the house.
(Thanks for the info Hasbro)

So one night, I went to meet up with him and this girl at his house.
I walk in and she is standing there white, like just peed my pants white. Cupboards open around her, all the dishes broken all over the kitchen.

They were in the kitchen (I think she was giving him a hair cut with clippers now that I think of it)
Doors flip open and all the dishes dump on the floor.
Not the shelves fell off, or the cabinet came off the wall, like someone pushed them in one big push

I walk into this scene, she is standing there, tools still in here hands, mouth open and my friend is laughing sweeping the mess up around her feet.:laughing:

I know the ghost had a name at this point but can't think of it right now

Edit:
remembered, this thing liked to go by 'E' for some reason , so that is how it was addressed when you talked to it

Last edited:

The house we live in belonged to my wife’s great aunt. She lived to be 102. She did not die in the house, but she did die on the property. We relocated the house closer to the middle of the property before we moved into it.

Our youngest daughter has seen strange things in the house. She has a string of “fairy lights” in her room, they seem to have a mind of their own. She has been locked out of the house when she was the only one home (deadbolt was locked). She has taken selfie’s that have a strange shadow in the background. There are other things she has mentioned, but they have just become kind of normal.

I have never experienced anything odd personally, but the kid‘s room is noticeably several degrees colder than the rest of the house all the time

I posted this on another forum 2 years ago and possible the old pirate.

My wife and I were living in a 120 something year old house (601 e. Monte vista vacaville California) that had been converted into apartments.

I was in the kitchen doing dishes and my wife came in behind me. The only light in the kitchen was behind me and her shadow was cast on the wall in front of the sink. The shadow moved about as she did something by the dining table. I talked to her for a few minutes before she left without saying a word. It was odd so I went into the living room with a wtf? She was on the couch and hadn't been in the kitchen.

Side note: there was a hinge on the door that squeaked. When I went to oil it there was a punched 666 on the inside face.

The house was built by a lawyer that took a horse to Suisun city to ride the ferry into San Francisco. He was robbed and murdered en route sometime around 1905. His wife was distraught and hanged herself in the top floor parlor, our apartment, a few days later. Their eldest daughter was found dead in the same room three days after moving in.

The house sat vacant until 1916 when a pastor purchased it and did needed repairs. Nobody knows exactly why but he borded up the entire upper floor and sealed it with lath and plaster. He lived alone in that house until 1932 when the local police found his decaying body due to a horrendous smell. His body was found inside the sealed upper floor ,our apartment, but there was no identifiable access to it. They tore out the ceiling to recover the body.

The house again sat vacant due to rumors of being haunted. It wasn't until 1936 that a widowed father of two teenage boys bought the house at a fraction of it's worth. His spouse had died in labor with their third child.

During the remodel he opened up the old stairway to the top floor. While doing so he located a passage behind a closet that evidently the pastor had constructed to access the upper floor. That passage was lined with newspaper clippings of missing persons.

Nobody had the guts to check the basement.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....the voiceless shadow and 666 hinge that is.

Mentioned this on the old board I think.

Travel on a decently busy road in my hometown area. Old assisted/retire living community on the south side of the road, was probably an older infirmary/nunnery back in the day. North side of the road had a old cemetery the type people dont get buried in anymore.

I'm driving west on the road, notice a lady, dressed not exactly, but similar to how I imagine a widow would dress in late 1800s early 1900s. Black bonnet, black garb, white shirt type deal.

My first thought as I'm passing her while she's on the south side of the road is a looney escaped or is going for a walk through the cemetery all dressed up?

As I pass her. I immediately looked in my rearview mirror to see if someone was coming out to grab her or if she was going to walk across the street to walk through the cemetery.

Mind you, it's a weird road at that point. 25mph but 20 when sign blinks, plus a common hideout for the police. So you really stick to the limits.

She was not in the rearview, she was not in the driver or passenger side mirror. She was no where to be found.

As I saw her as i passed, she was moving as slowly and fragile as youd expect someone old to move. I couldn't then nor now wrap my head around where she went. There were no doors, taxis, ambulances, anything near by that she could've swiftly go into or swiftly escape a mirror and a turning of the head.

My mom found an antique wind up clown jack in the box. It was creepy af. But, it was for my daughter. We played with it some, but creepy sheet started to happen. The most noticeable thing was the activity centered around my one year old daughter, Lindsay. We would leave the bedroom door open so that we could hear if she awoke. The door would close on its own. There were no air currents to push it. The hinges were quite tight. It wasn't leaning or preloaded to close. It just closed. It happened over and over. Then we got one of those remote baby monitors. Mind you, we lived in the mountains. The closest neighbor was 1/4 mile away. We would put Lindsay to bed and then hear "shhhhh, shhhhhh" over the mic like someone is comforting her. Creepy af and we were glad to be out of that place. Except it wasn't the place. It was the clown or whatever was attached to it. I took it to criscfer's place when he was moving. I tried to give it to him. He wanted nothing to do with it. :laughing: And, then his garage door tried to kill him. :laughing: I ended up taking it to work and reluctantly stuffing it in the trash. I was really worried about pissing it off. I had considered burning it, but I had no idea what kind of evil that could release. :laughing:

Years later we I bought a 1900 Victorian house. We first noticed activity after moving in and finding some old newspapers in the upstairs bedroom. We brought them down to the dining area on a buffet there. We looked at them, read them and thought that they were generally cool. That's when stuff started happening. Things were moved in and around the kitchen. We would hear things like the cupboards being opened and closed. The only thing that changed was those dang papers. I moved them back and things settled down. Keys would move around if left out and that was about it. Then I would hear the footsteps at night. You know how you can tell the difference between the weight and cadence of an adult vs. child walking just by hearing it. This was a child. I would hear it. Pace, pace, pace down the hall. The first time I jumped up because I didn't want one of my kids falling down the stairs sleep walking. I was a sleep walker and was found outside at night one time. None were there. I checked all their beds and they were sound asleep. This happened many times. Then my ex-wife woke one time and about peed herself. She felt one of the kids get into bed with us. She could feel their weight next to her. She shifted a bit and opened her eyes to see a girl in a nightgown. The girl was not ours. She blinked and she was gone.

I would have dreams of my daughters drowning in tub in the house.

Then we went on vacation. The neighbors down the street kept an eye on the place for us. They walked by the alley the day after we left, and I got a call on the phone. "Hey, I thought that you were leaving town yesterday." I did. "I was wondering, because I saw one of the girls in the upstairs bedroom window."

One day I was working in the attic. I finished up and just had my head up in the hole gathering my tools. I hear "Daddy?". My ex and the kids were gone. They were one hour away gone. Nobody was there. I replied "No honey, I'm not your daddy. Go on now, it's okay." I finished up and that was it. I don't recall every having another interaction.

My brother has also had extensive experience with the paranormal. I wonder if we aren't receivers for certain types of energy with some receiving stronger signals than others. Some may not receive at all.

I gotta say, I dont believe in shit like this really, but if I ever swt foot in a house and some weird shit like this happens, I am getting the fuck away from that place and never setting foot again.

My story and I am sticking to it.

Hah, yep. I've woken up to this minus the mantle. Walked into the kitchen and every drawer and cabinet was opened. :eek:

I gotta say, I dont believe in shit like this really, but if I ever swt foot in a house and some weird shit like this happens, I am getting the fuck away from that place and never setting foot again.

My story and I am sticking to it.
Ya, some of this shit is a hard no for me.

I posted this on another forum 2 years ago and possible the old pirate.

My wife and I were living in a 120 something year old house (601 e. Monte vista vacaville California) that had been converted into apartments.

I was in the kitchen doing dishes and my wife came in behind me. The only light in the kitchen was behind me and her shadow was cast on the wall in front of the sink. The shadow moved about as she did something by the dining table. I talked to her for a few minutes before she left without saying a word. It was odd so I went into the living room with a wtf? She was on the couch and hadn't been in the kitchen.

Side note: there was a hinge on the door that squeaked. When I went to oil it there was a punched 666 on the inside face.

The house was built by a lawyer that took a horse to Suisun city to ride the ferry into San Francisco. He was robbed and murdered en route sometime around 1905. His wife was distraught and hanged herself in the top floor parlor, our apartment, a few days later. Their eldest daughter was found dead in the same room three days after moving in.

The house sat vacant until 1916 when a pastor purchased it and did needed repairs. Nobody knows exactly why but he borded up the entire upper floor and sealed it with lath and plaster. He lived alone in that house until 1932 when the local police found his decaying body due to a horrendous smell. His body was found inside the sealed upper floor ,our apartment, but there was no identifiable access to it. They tore out the ceiling to recover the body.

The house again sat vacant due to rumors of being haunted. It wasn't until 1936 that a widowed father of two teenage boys bought the house at a fraction of it's worth. His spouse had died in labor with their third child.

During the remodel he opened up the old stairway to the top floor. While doing so he located a passage behind a closet that evidently the pastor had constructed to access the upper floor. That passage was lined with newspaper clippings of missing persons.

Nobody had the guts to check the basement.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....the voiceless shadow and 666 hinge that is.
I used to live in VV. I remember hearing stories about this house.

About five years ago we went to Michigan to see my mom. About three days into our vacation I decided to drive by our old farm that was sold in 1984. We stopped and talked with the current owners and asked if we could take some pics of the outside. They agreed and even let us in the house to see the remodeling that they had done. Not much just paint mostly. The house was built in the late 1800's. When we were in the basement they said that once in awhile they could hear a voice saying "help me", "help me. I told them I had never heard that before.

Coming back to Arizona I talked with my brother about it and he said that Grand dad had fallen down the steps leading into the basement and hit his head and that is where he died.

I had a different friend that wouldn't set foot in the house.
That was his position on everything that had to do with this place......No

he would just wait in the truck :laughing:
My friend that saw the ghost of a girl in my window would get sick if he entered one of the rooms in my house. He was reluctant to go in. He wouldn't step foot in that one room.

My friend that saw the ghost of a girl in my window would get sick if he entered one of the rooms in my house. He was reluctant to go in. He wouldn't step foot in that one room.
You have never seen a hard 'no' until you come to one of these situations. That shit aint happening, no negotiations, the end :laughing:

So, I am down to fly over and check this room out. Is there an invitation on the tablr?
This house that I am referring to was a house that my friends parents owned when were in High School..(early 90's) It has been sold for a while now.

I am curious if the new owners have had anything happen to them

Top Back Refresh