What's new

Has anyone here put the Explorer 5.0l into their older pickup?

NO NO NO NO
just go with GM gen 3/4 coil packs
you want spark cut limiting, because you will eventually end up with a turbo on there

my plugs are always silver colored from the fuel-cut limiter
Eventually?

I don't want to run out of I/o on the micro. That's the only reason I'm doing edis right this second. Phase one is figure shit out on the cheap. Phase two is all the fun. I have other stuff to recycle the micro into.

I could run a separate ignitor instead of the edis module but it uses up pretty all the outputs. The edis module is a single output. The micro is very I/o limited but I knew that from the get go.

Attachments

• 44E4A7D6-4088-43A8-9F32-E561D2CB18B8.jpeg
    44E4A7D6-4088-43A8-9F32-E561D2CB18B8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
NO NO NO NO
just go with GM gen 3/4 coil packs
you want spark cut limiting, because you will eventually end up with a turbo on there

my plugs are always silver colored from the fuel-cut limiter

You'll be happy to know that I am ditching the EDIS and putting in a quadspark so I can use spark cut and other stuff. I didn't want to do that initially, as I said, due to outputs.. which is still a problem. But I decided to ditch the IAC, and run the boost control off of that output instead. I'm not too terribly concerned with a perfect idle in this.

I have the hotside 75% figured out, got two primaries to redo.

yay

EDIS-8 is one of the regrets from my LTD swap

you can hackfuck the idle by pulling a lot of ignition timing when it warms up, iirc there's a map specifically for doing this "dynamic idle" or some shit

Top Back Refresh