What's new

Happy Memorial Day

Indeed. Happy Memorial day to our military. Past Present and Future.

This day is for those who gave all , hence " Memorial Day " .:usa:

Flag tip for the day , half staff until noon , then raised to the top.

I wish people a solemn Memorial Day.

https://www.facebook.com/ArlingtonN...58371373976/10153858287193976/?type=3&theater

They don't get to be happy. I hope they find some solace in our memory of the fallen.

photo3113.jpg

Thanks to all that have served, are serving now or will serve. :usa:

You got your holidays all fucked up. This isn’t for those that served. This is for brothers that never came home. Definitely not a happy day for us that have served.

I don’t begrudge anyone that says “Happy”. It’s a day to celebrate their lives. Doesn’t have to be somber and celebrating isn’t disrespectful

I don’t begrudge anyone that says “Happy”. It’s a day to celebrate their lives. Doesn’t have to be somber and celebrating isn’t disrespectful

I don’t either. I explain to them what the significance of today is. There is a portion of our population that has no idea what Memorial Day means. Quite sad if you ask me.

I don't either. I just said what I do.

You got your holidays all fucked up. This isn’t for those that served. This is for brothers that never came home. Definitely not a happy day for us that have served.

Yep. I was sitting around the fire last night with friends and family having a drink and making s'mores with the kids and grandkids and this was brought up in the form of a question to the teenagers there. They had an idea it was for veterans and I said it was for the veterans that didn't make it back. I still remember the three Marines who were killed in training and other accidents in the two different units I served in during my 6 years in, here's to you and your loved ones.:usa:

Top Back Refresh