What's new

H.R.2830 - To protect the Second Amendment rights of adults whose use of marijuana is permitted by State or tribal law.

I live in northern ohio bud, the epicenter of the "opioid epidemic", and I'm here to tell you that people weren't getting dead in the streets and there wasn't a problem until the government told all the doctors they couldn't prescribe pain pills.

The problem got a fuck ton worse when all those addicts, created in the medical system, then went and found themselves on the street corner buying fentanyl laced heroin or whatever it is.

So you tell me what the better situation was? people od'ing in the streets and funding a massive criminal black market, or people that were pill heads going to work and getting pills from the doctor?

easy access to drugs makes drug related crime go down dummy.
They can get themselves baked out of their gourd for pennies, so there's no need for the related crime.
It's like we've tried this sort of thing before and found out that it was a bad idea and america likes to get fucked up and you can't really stop it. You know what the percentage of the population that were drug users was in the 60's? It's about the same as it is today. Go look on the government's own web page, they'll tell you the entire thing is a failure with statistics.

also, the prison has to go in someone's neighborhood, so if you're the one advocating for it, maybe you should live with it.
There's a state prison a whopping 15 minutes from my house, maybe you've seen it in the moving pictures with famous people in it.
There's houses along the same road.
Don't be a NIMBY.
Attica! Attica!

Some of y’all need to study Portugal

Some of y’all need a class in parity (think alcohol)

and some of y’all need to punch your momma right in the mouth for depriving you of the lessons on minding your own fucking business.

Here is a test:
Imagine a world where neither cannabis or alcohol exist.

Then one day both magically are introduced to society.

With this inner duction you know everything there is to know about both substances.

You know the harm, you know the good.

Do you know the health side effects.

You know the propensity for addictions

You know the propensity for abuse and violence

Do you know about hangovers and green outs

You know the effect it has on families

Do you know all the benefits

Which one would you make legal?

Game is an unrealistic question. Answer is both. The game is a tease to point to the opposite of what our world currently is, but the question is loaded as society is built off decisions made centuries ago. If weed smokers had kicked things off in antiquity, then the roles may have been reversed and alcohol would be limited to industrial use only. Quit asking vaporous time wasters and look at real life. Or dont, and keep going in circles. Whatever works for you I guess.

I tend toward let people make bad decisions then expect them to reap the rewards of that decision. The more dope smokers that hide in thier mom's basement is fewer people I have to compete with in the marketplace, which correlates in a higher pay rate. Yeah, I fully understand the concept of high functioning addicts, but that aint every, or even most, weed puffers.

Some of y’all need to study Portugal

Some of y’all need a class in parity (think alcohol)

and some of y’all need to punch your momma right in the mouth for depriving you of the lessons on minding your own fucking business.

Here is a test:
Imagine a world where neither cannabis or alcohol exist.

Then one day both magically are introduced to society.

With this inner duction you know everything there is to know about both substances.

You know the harm, you know the good.

Do you know the health side effects.

You know the propensity for addictions

You know the propensity for abuse and violence

Do you know about hangovers and green outs

You know the effect it has on families

Do you know all the benefits

Which one would you make legal?

What the hell is a green out????

Game is an unrealistic question. Answer is both. The game is a tease to point to the opposite of what our world currently is, but the question is loaded as society is built off decisions made centuries ago. If weed smokers had kicked things off in antiquity, then the roles may have been reversed and alcohol would be limited to industrial use only. Quit asking vaporous time wasters and look at real life. Or dont, and keep going in circles. Whatever works for you I guess.

Not centuries. All drugs were legal centuries ago. Coke had cocaine, dilaudid was readily available, weed was used across the globe.

drug test are a new thing in the eyes of history.

The game is what it is, and you KNOW the answers to which is worse for society.

I’m not a “weed is all you need” guy. I recognize that in some cases it causes psychosis (I am not saying the psychotic break wouldn’t happen anyway, bu there are relationships) I recognize it cause anxiety in some but if you can’t see it’s less harmful than alcohol you’re a liar or an idiot.

What small invading force has brought and continues to bring this country to its knees? A stoned one, a mean one ..... the cartels.
Our country went to fucking WAR with drugs and fuckiing lost. Do you realize the power of the US WAR MACHINE? And it can’t beat some old stoned farmer in a crap hole country.

I’ll go one more. We aren’t a manufacturing nation. We are a nation of creators. We are a nation of innovators. And while a ton of cool shit is developed while drunk, the flower fosters a ton of creativity

Not centuries. All drugs were legal centuries ago.

yeah sure. here and there. Alcohol has been in general use since the dawn of civilization. Overwhelming use that intertwines with nearly all cultures. And it is that very reason it has a legal carve out nearly everywhere in modern world.

But hey, smoke er up big guy. I dont give a shit. Make all of it legal and terminate all government treatment and support programs.

Across the board legalization will create a couple years of chaos, but once that settles out I think it will much better for the long run. I know all too well how hard shit like meth can destroy people and their family, but I’ve also seen plenty of lives destroyed by alcohol. Far more, to be honest.

Not sure if you want congratulation or sympathy because you know of a bunch of people that ruined their lives with that shit. Don't really care either way.

Drug fuck losers lives matter I guess.

Like I said above. Keep em outta my area and you can have em all to love and care for. I'll keep my shit not stolen, my streets cleaner, less kids getting killed in drivebys, etc. Hell, I will be to my second funeral this calendar year soon for 17-19 year olds that were killed in druggie crossfires.

Or just legalize it all, and let em fall in the street dead. Fine with me also. But isn't that what is happening with the opioids and now we need BILLIONS to "fix it" LOL

So what we really want is freedom to fuck up your life (and usually everyone around you that loves you and in many cases a lot of others that don't) by having legal drugs but a societal responsibility to repair the damage when that person can't handle their freedom of choices. Then the "its a disease" crowd, like posting above, will clamor for intervention for the "epidemic" of a chosen behavior. Then I get to help pay for it.

Like I said above, until YOU take those people into your homes, help them move into YOUR neighborhoods, and have their kids go to YOUR kids schools, then shut the fuck up about your righteous bullshit. You're not better than the elites that praise illegal immigration but don't have a single immigrant in their neighborhood, slowing up their kids classroom ,etc.

They are there already. No shit. They are everywhere. That is the problem.

Id be more that happy to have the newest prison anywhere around my place. No issue whatsoever. MUCH rather have a scary building with tall wire fences that the flock of walking dead everywhere.
you've completely missed the point, but ok.

go on crusader.

Attica! Attica!
filmed in lima at the old state hospital.

Shawshank was filmed 15 minutes from my house at the mansfield reformatory, one of my best friends is in the prison yard as an extra, they filmed the laundry room scene in the old dry cleaners, I know the guy that owns that building now.

1 in 3 weed smokers beat their spouse....oh wait that is the police....

I tend toward let people make bad decisions then expect them to reap the rewards of that decision. The more dope smokers that hide in thier mom's basement is fewer people I have to compete with in the marketplace, which correlates in a higher pay rate. Yeah, I fully understand the concept of high functioning addicts, but that aint every, or even most, weed puffers.
The real question is why either were ever not legal.

The majority seem to be missing the point that these millions of stoners who can legally be high 24/7 and kill off half of their brain cells are now lined up at the voting booths voting for all the stupid shit.

Its not about what they do on their own time with their body, its about what they do that affects US.

The majority seem to be missing the point that these millions of stoners who can legally be high 24/7 and kill off half of their brain cells are now lined up at the voting booths voting for all the stupid shit.

Its not about what they do on their own time with their body, its about what they do that affects US.
There's already far more people drunk 24/7 than most realize. They've been voting that way for years.

There are so many more people I worry about voting than stoners... So many more....

I've said it over and over again, I don't think people understand.

We had an opioid problem in this country. When we "fixed" it, it became an opioid epidemic.

We could do the exact thing right now with alcohol. Think of all the lives ruined and wasted by that wretched liquid. Fuck it... let's ban it. I'm tired of seeing all the homeless drunks hanging out downtown anyway. Ban the shit and lock those nasty fuckers up.

:wipes hands: Problem solved. Right?
The government already they banning alcohol and when thats didnt work the government started poisoning the alcohol so the law breakers would get sick and die. That would then allow the government to come in and say “See, we told you it was bad for you.” :mad3:

as long as the deadbeats aren't on on the tax payer dime I don't give a fuck.

end the war on drugs, and also end the welfare.
end
fucking
everything.

See aforementioned "tax this dick fedboi"
:flipoff2:

That's how I feel about it more than anything else. I know a lot of lazy stoners, sure, but it's not like the law does much to stop anyone. If teenagers in the suburbs can get it, then how effective is the law?

Is it really worth billions of dollars plus all of the crime and destruction and deaths as a result of the black market created by prohibition? Maybe for hard drugs that kill people left and right, but just to keep you from zoning out on the couch and eating Doritos?

There's a reason we repealed the 18th amendment, and it's not because the feds were feeling generous. :homer:

fucking stoner. :flipoff2:
far better than being an alcoholic, alcohol kills and destroys millions of lives, the only reason weed kills anyone is because the gov made it illegal so people get robbed for it to make money, same as people that rob banks or gas stations

guns shouldnt be illegal
drugs shouldnt be illegal
alcohol shouldnt be illegal
abortion shouldnt be illegal

republicans democrats and religions should be illegal :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh