What's new

Guys fiancee dies, wedding videographer refuses to refund, then...

COcamper

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Currently CO, but on the move...
Wedding videographer goes full retard, never go full retard!

Cliffs as I read them- couple paid deposit in November for May wedding, in February fiancee is killed in car crash, family reached out to see about a refund due to circumstances, told no refund, but will apply to next wedding, looks like a pissing match ensued from there... There is more in the story, but bottom line it looks like the owner of the video company is real POS, especially making a post on what should have been there wedding day.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ses-her-family

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The family of a Colorado Springs woman who lost her life in a car crash near Calhan in February is trying to settle her affairs, but her wedding videographer is refusing a refund.

Alexis Wyatt died in a car crash on Highway 24 near Calhan in February. Her fiancé, Justin Montney, reached out to our ABC sister station, KRDO-TV, for help after Copper Stallion Media threatened to sue him for a review he left on TheKnot.com.

Montney said he paid $1,800 to Copper Stallion Media and the company refused to give him a refund after Wyatt passed away.

“They should have been able to do (that) because they didn’t render any services,” Montney said.

He added that the company said they could extend his service to his next wedding, which "was a very a very insensitive thing to tell me."

As Montney’s experience went public, people left negative reviews on Copper Stallion Media’s social media pages.

Copper Stallion Media responded by redirecting it’s entire business website and Yelp page to a new website, JustinMontney.com, attacking Montney and accusing him of trying to “shake us down.”

“He admits the contract was nonrefundable but says we should give the money back due to the circumstance. Life is a b*tch, Justin” the site reads.

The owner then mocked that the website is registered for two years using the non-refundable deposit.

On May 23, the company posted a photo of the couple with the following, "Today would have been the day where we would have filmed Justin and Alexis' wedding. After what Justin pulled with the media stunt to try and shake us down for a refund we hope you sob and cry all day for what would have been your wedding day."

The family has created a GoFundMe to create memorials for Alexis Wyatt.

A former videographer with Copper Stallion Media, Alex Murphy, said no company worth two cents should ever communicate with any client that way.

Murphy worked for Copper Stallion Media as a videographer in 2019, but said he left the company because they refused to pay him. He said he found the job on Craigslist and never spoke to anyone over the phone.

He said it took nearly three months to get his final paycheck but it didn’t come from Copper Stallion Media. Instead, it came from Organized Weddings, LLC and a Las Vegas address.

Murphy said he is still not sure who owns the company.

"Whoever is in charge of Copper Stallion Media is confident enough that they can reset without any damages,” Murphy said.

The address of Organized Weddings, LLC is linked to a man named Jesse J. Clark. He was sued by the Massachusetts Attorney General in 2013 for taking the money of 90 couples and never delivering on their wedding videography.

Here is another story from the local media about it:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...7-768daf1fab62

"Today would have been the day where we would have filmed Justin and Alexis' wedding. After what Justin pulled with the media stunt to try and shake us down for a refund we hope you sob and cry all day for what would have been your wedding day."

oof.

Usually, I don't condone assaulting people physically just for something they said, but . . . :mad3:

I could see refusing a refund if they cancelled, but she died, have some sympathy. Then to go full retard like that is over the top. Sounds like the owner is a chronic scammer though.

Wow! I'm not entirely sure how I feel on the refund vs no refund on this, since it was several months out though, I think the refund should be there, at least partially.

But I definitely know how I feel about this guy's attitude. :mad3:. I'm sure he'll get his some day.

Wow! I'm not entirely sure how I feel on the refund vs no refund on this, since it was several months out though, I think the refund should be there, at least partially.

But I definitely know how I feel about this guy's attitude. :mad3:. I'm sure he'll get his some day.

yep same, that post on there wedding day was basically pissing on her grave:mad3:

forget the sunroof i think an accidental fire/large explosion is in order

as for the refund if you chose your business over a client then live with the decision if they make a shitstorm out of it

ya they went on social and bashed you but whatever, you chose that route

If I was Justin I'd probably be in fucking jail right now.

So my wife is a wedding photographer.

LEGALLY speaking, the clients sign something that basically says no refunds.

On the other hand, my wife isn't a piece of shit and would have issued the refund without question.

So my wife is a wedding photographer.

LEGALLY speaking, the clients sign something that basically says no refunds.

On the other hand, my wife isn't a piece of shit and would have issued the refund without question.

the lack of refund isn't what boils my blood.

the shituation is messed up for the guy. he asks for a refund, the photographer refuses well within his legal rights, dont agree with this position but legally in the right, guy gets on the internet and tries to get ruin photographers name, photographer takes it up a notch and everyone is pissed at the photographer? cant be mad at the dog for biting someone who kicks em

Reactions: DMG
In this case the refund is about being a fellow human being. I do care about the refund, it's an easy decision. The reaction and action of the 'media company'...… I didn't find much on them.

Based on the part where it took months for the guy to get his final pay check, I'm going to guess they didn't have the money to refund.

Or they're just terrible people on all fronts. Which based on that post made, is just as likely the case.

I just can't comprehend the wretchedness of people these days. I guess I understand it from the point where we've destroyed the familiarity of the population in our communities. But WTF..
how does someone get that kind of hatred and then feel the need to blast a grieving family? I can only guess the upbringing of that man-child was horrible and left them deeply flawed.

The refund is one thing and I understand the reasoning on the policy due to volatility of relationships but that facebook post is so over the top and just downright cruel. Regardless, I would have refunded the guy if its months out and the bride was killed. That is a lot different than its next weekend and she got cold feet.

What does the EBJ symbol mean inbedded in the text?

People like this are why I think the penalties for punching a man in the mouth are way too high. It needs to be pro-rated. Fucker had it coming determined by a quick jury already in for a pool selection or something-like $20. Dude was in the right and you over-reacted-treefiddy.

The address of Organized Weddings, LLC is linked to a man named Jesse J. Clark. He was sued by the Massachusetts Attorney General in 2013 for taking the money of 90 couples and never delivering on their wedding videography.

I agree with what other have said, but this is the real kicker. Figure $200-$2k each deposit. So averaging $500 x 90= $45k. And that is if they just took deposits.
It took us 2+ years to get our photos from the slimeball we hired (he claimed to be getting a divorce, shit was in storage, one story after another yadda yadda,) when we saw the proofs, they sucked, we ended up with 40 so-so (got lucky with 3-4 good ones) photos out over 500..... I shoot video and know the ratio, and he sucked.

$300 for our photographers. :flipoff2:

the shituation is messed up for the guy. he asks for a refund, the photographer refuses well within his legal rights, dont agree with this position but legally in the right, guy gets on the internet and tries to get ruin photographers name, photographer takes it up a notch and everyone is pissed at the photographer? cant be mad at the dog for biting someone who kicks em

Agreed. Shitty situation but eat the deposit you knew was not refundable and move on with life. Clearly the video company is run by a dirtbag that took it a bit far but don't start shit if you don't want shit.

Agreed. Shitty situation but eat the deposit you knew was not refundable and move on with life. Clearly the video company is run by a dirtbag that took it a bit far but don't start shit if you don't want shit.

If i'm in that guys position, leaving them a shitty online review isn't about trying to get the money back anymore. It is about letting other people know that videographer is a POS.

Now, after they way they replied, I say burn them to the ground.

Top Back Refresh