What's new

Gun Broker: LOL

300sniper

Gun Plumber
Member Number
Loc
Greenwood, CA
LOL: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895042598

I'm not sure, but would doing this be a felony?
hk 416.5.jpg

hk 416.7.jpg
hk 416.4.jpg

hk 416.1.jpg

Bruh it a HK416 m15 ar16 barahhh!!!!:rolleyes:

Edgy with the m16 hammer... but why.

Has the whole m16 FCG minus sear.
again...why tho?

What about falsely adding a second manufacturer and country of origin on it?

The engraving from Spikes is legit, but all the HK dick-stroking BS looks to be laser etched which isn't good enough for the ATF to use as a SN. It's effectively the same as painting rainbows all over the gun.

The engraving from Spikes is legit, but all the HK dick-stroking BS looks to be laser etched which isn't good enough for the ATF to use as a SN. It's effectively the same as painting rainbows all over the gun.

.003” deep is pretty easy to achieve.

.003” deep is pretty easy to achieve.

I thought that the verbiage required that the info be "engraved/cast/stamped" or something like that?

Though I'm not in the game for custom work like this and might be totally incorrect.

I thought that the verbiage required that the info be "engraved/cast/stamped" or something like that?

Though I'm not in the game for custom work like this and might be totally incorrect.

My sbr lowers are laser engraved. Tis legit.

Engraving a new manufacturer, country of origin and model number seems a bit sketchy to me, but I’m no lawyer.

If you’ve been following the current stupidity at the ATF with the auto key card situation, this might fall under their “rulings” for two reasons, along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

Their latest method for “interpreting” firearms laws seems to be “if it LOOKS like X, then it IS X.” That would mean not only the aftermarket engraving is illegal because you’re trying to make it look like a machine gun, but the original lower having a “full auto” marking could make it a machine gun also.

I don’t see how this wouldn’t apply to the fake suppressors also, as everyone knows a longer barrel is quieter than a shorter barrel, even if it’s not intended to quiet it or contain any type of baffles.

It seems completely absurd, but apparently that’s where we are right now.

So being a newb on ARs ,I've only assembled 3. What's going on here ? Some one just trying to pass off a spikes lower as a full auto? Full auto parts in a AR lower? Trigger assembly looks weird bit I don't know shit.

So being a newb on ARs ,I've only assembled 3. What's going on here ? Some one just trying to pass off a spikes lower as a full auto? Full auto parts in a AR lower? Trigger assembly looks weird bit I don't know shit.

Someone engraved a bunch of dumb shit on a lower.

Edit: I bet that lower was on the registry at one time which would explain the 2nd set of manufacturer info

Last edited:
If you’ve been following the current stupidity at the ATF with the auto key card situation, this might fall under their “rulings” for two reasons, along with a whole bunch of other stuff.

The auto key issue seems to be from the idiots posting you tube videos of being able to drop in full auto parts from the card and the ATF can't do anything. Lots of stupid. Stupid hurts.

The auto key issue seems to be from the idiots posting you tube videos of being able to drop in full auto parts from the card and the ATF can't do anything. Lots of stupid. Stupid hurts.

Well yeah, one can also print off a PDF from the internet, trace it onto a sawzall blade, cut it out with a dremel, and do the same thing.

But I agree that selling the "key cards" was equivalent to waving a giant steak in front of a crack house pitbull. Kudos to the guy for making a political statement but I hope it was worth it in exchange for his one-way ticket to Federal PMITA Prison...

My understanding is that it was basically an etching on a piece of metal, not exactly a “punch out the tabs, drop them in” deal.

While I agree with “play stupid games, win stupid prizes”, the ATF needs to be put back on a leash. IMO, they should have zero to do with ordinary civilians, and only enforce FFL/manufacturer/organized crime type stuff. The rest should be local LEO.

Maybe it's just me.....but that doesnt even look etched....just painted on.

I was thinking the same, and that it's about the same issue as painting one up in DeWalt or Milwaukee colors/emblems. Silly, but not illegal (that I know of). That said, ATF is all about getting into thoughtcrime and deciding for you, what your intent could have been, and if the intent was to deceive as to the manufacturer of the firearm, I could see them using that rabbithole to justify another excursion into thoughtcrime land. I also think the price is absurd, but I'm clearly not the target market.

That said, advertising a Spike's lower as an HK product, is clearly false. HK would have grounds (I would think), even more so than DeWalt did (in relation to DRM's yellow drill on Ebay) all those years ago, to take action on this, but they'd have to know and care. The false advertising throws the ATF thoughtcrime door wide open and suggests the intent is to deceive.

Last edited:

If that's the case, then it's probably fine. But if it's etched, I think that would be a problem, especially if you are falsely adding another manufacture's info, model number, and country of origin. But again, I'm no lawyer.

I was thinking the same, and that it's about the same issue as painting one up in DeWalt or Milwaukee colors/emblems. Silly, but not illegal (that I know of). That said, ATF is all about getting into thoughtcrime and deciding for you, what your intent could have been, and if the intent was to deceive as to the manufacturer of the firearm, I could see them using that rabbithole to justify another excursion into thoughtcrime land. I also think the price is absurd, but I'm clearly not the target market.

That said, advertising a Spike's lower as an HK product, is clearly false. HK would have grounds (I would think), even more so than DeWalt did (in relation to DRM's yellow drill on Ebay) all those years ago, to take action on this, but they'd have to know and care. The false advertising throws the ATF thoughtcrime door wide open and suggests the intent is to deceive.

This - the only possible issue here is patent infringement. Where is gets grey is why it was made. In general intermittent use of trademarks by individuals is ok - so long as they are actively using it against the company. Use for commercial reasons requires permission. So if it was a one off thing and the owner got tired of it and sold there wouldn't be much of a case. If they made it, or worse a pile of them, to sell then HK could sue and would likely win.

Engraving a new manufacturer, country of origin and model number seems a bit sketchy to me, but I’m no lawyer.

dunno man, lots of reproduction old guns (or just new production recs in general) have the actual maufacturer info hidden real good with fake serials and manufacturer codes engraved in the normal spots

Weren't there some repro AR lowers with the modern info engraved where the PG covers it up?

There's been some real deals on gunbroker lately. its just in very specific items. ARs and high demand stuff is following demand driven prices, but some really interesting guns are flying under the radar. its the same as it was some years ago in 2008 and 2012.

Top Back Refresh