What's new

Guages/monitors

YotaAtieToo

Thick skull
Member Number
Loc
Bonners Ferry, ID
I asked a question in another thread, but maybe compiling all the info in one thread would be nice.

Who's running what and do you like it?

All I have is a glowshift 3 in 1 Guage. It kinda sucks. The EGT is a analog Guage and works OK, but sometimes wigs out. Already replaced one probe. The boost and fuel pressure are digital, but so small it's really hard to read.

I spent a lot of time in a buddies 24v that had the old school edge. It was hard to read, but I liked the idea of a warning alarm.

It looks like there are a few guage manufacturers who are integrating warning lights or alarms. Anyone have any experience with this? I'd think a warning light at ~1250* and an alarm at ~1350* would be kinda nice. My truck is a 97 with a 12v so I'm not sure a monitor will give me much :laughing:

I throw Scangauge2 units in my rigs... Does that count?

I'm running the ISS Pro "factory match" gauges in my 2000 7.3L. I like them. They match the factory cluster perfectly and work well. I really liked the fact the fact the pyrometer is color coded incase I ever let some diesel newbie drive the truck.

My only complaint is that they flicker if you use the dimmer, but I don't so it doesn't bother me. I also didn't do the world's best job wiring them though, so I don't know whether that has something to do with it :homer:

I throw Scangauge2 units in my rigs... Does that count?
Can you add outside sensors like egt?

Reminds me, my father in law has 3 banks digital guages in his 6.7 ps. To me it looks like this :homer:

1_uAp4K4IuVOaJp6v4B99KSQ.jpeg

Plus they're blue and look bright as shit at night.

Running the Bank IQ monitor, It's not popular any more, but I like it.

gbe-61196.jpg

I run the Banks iDash; ran it in my Duramax L5p, and now I run it in my Duramax LWN. Super easy to use, useful info, accurate, reliable. Also does scan codes, can force regen, log data, etc.

Older Edge in mine, don't really like it. The touch screen is really laggy and ends up doing stuff I didnt want. And it's too bright at night and not bright enough in the sun. Also has too much bling / custimzation rather then just good info.

AEM, Halltech or AIM or whatever OBD2 plug-in dash that actually has a configurable screen.

I really liked the edge insight CTS2. Plenty of features and you can add sensors, warnings and whatnot. I ran that with the pyro and backup camera plus a mechanical boost and lift pump gauge on my 06 dodge with zero issues for 10 years. Mechanical boost gauge was just because I was running well over factory MAP sensor boost levels.

7.3 - ISSPro gauge pod
6.7 - CTS3

3 pillar isspro ev2 gauges. If I was to do it again I would probably do their mechanical gauges

Anyone running guages with some type of warning feature?
I run EV2's in my 7.3, and set the pyrometer to alarm at 1250*. Works great.

I also run Forscan on an in-dash radio with a wired connection to the OBDII port. That rocks!

Mark

I run EV2's in my 7.3, and set the pyrometer to alarm at 1250*. Works great.

I also run Forscan on an in-dash radio with a wired connection to the OBDII port. That rocks!

Mark

For some reason all the websites I pull up have shit for info on the warning part.

Is it just the tiny red led, or does it have an actual alarm also?

For some reason all the websites I pull up have shit for info on the warning part.

Is it just the tiny red led, or does it have an actual alarm also?
Just the red LED, but it's easy to see on the A pillar.

Mark

I have been working on the dash/electrical panels and starting wondering what gauges I really need.
I had a 5K tach on the old buggy because the hydraulic pumps could not go over 5K and I wanted to know how hard I was pushing the engine.
Tachs really done come in 2" size so I would have to get a 3.375 which makes mess of my panel.
So I started thinking do I really need a tach? Many say a tach is not needed. You can hear the engine and know.
A tach can really be a distraction when you should be looking at the oil pressure and water temp and trans temp.
SO WHAT GUAGES ARE NECESSARY?

I have been working on the dash/electrical panels and starting wondering what gauges I really need.
I had a 5K tach on the old buggy because the hydraulic pumps could not go over 5K and I wanted to know how hard I was pushing the engine.
Tachs really done come in 2" size so I would have to get a 3.375 which makes mess of my panel.
So I started thinking do I really need a tach? Many say a tach is not needed. You can hear the engine and know.
A tach can really be a distraction when you should be looking at the oil pressure and water temp and trans temp.
SO WHAT GUAGES ARE NECESSARY?

Just so you know, you're in the tow rig section :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh