Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

Group heading to Tuttle Creek ORV June 10-12

Probably fancy creek. I don’t know if there’s an issue with that, but the campground is only about 2 highway miles from the gravel turnoff. Since it’s farm country I’d assume that local law enforcement is cool as long as you aren’t doing Dumb in the highway. Maybe xr-nut knows the situation better?

I have not been to Tuttle since I had a Yota crawler that was street legal. We stayed at the Randolph SP back then. I don't have a problem driving the RZR on the road as long as the local PD/LEO doesn't mind. I keep the dumb shit to offroad only. :laughing:

Probably fancy creek. I don’t know if there’s an issue with that, but the campground is only about 2 highway miles from the gravel turnoff. Since it’s farm country I’d assume that local law enforcement is cool as long as you aren’t doing Dumb in the highway. Maybe xr-nut knows the situation better?
I am not sure about riding from fancy creek to the orv park on your golf carts. Some of the trip will be on a state highway. Might call ahead and check, or dont because that would just alert them to your intentions. :laughing:

I have our car club car show on the 11th so I cannot come. I hate car shows, but somehow got wrangled in to being the clubs president. As a cardealer/salesperson I thought it could help me meet new and interesting potential customers. :laughing:

I could sneak away from the lot friday noon if the group is planning to be there all day friday or we could come out sunday morning. My wife will likely ride along, if not I would have a seat open.

121548039_3571043566274359_1629132341933703970_n.jpg

Also it's been so long since I have been there. Is there a daily fee for riding? i can't remember?

I’m gonna be there all week, would love to go out Friday afternoon. I think most of the group would be there then, but at least would have the one or two that are planning to camp.
Pretty sure that ledge in the photo is the one I broke my birf on my first trip to Tuttle :laughing:
(ETA, xr_nuts photo)
7D58ADF5-7BA2-4613-95D8-E692BD480D93.png

This is the route I took in my barely road legal Toyota with no doors and a missing headlight. Never saw the law, though I know that doesn’t make it legal. YMMV. I’ve found that in farm country you can get away with a lot as long as you drive slow and not recklessly and stay on cute county roads (895 is county, right?. Blue sign, yellow numbers?). I try to stay off the state/fed highways if I have big legal concerns.

when it gets closer and I am sure I can make it i'll post up my # so we can coordinate.. like I said it will be 5-6pm Friday when I get there. have to work then go back home and get the wife/dog/camper and roll out.

I’m gonna be there all week, would love to go out Friday afternoon. I think most of the group would be there then, but at least would have the one or two that are planning to camp.
Pretty sure that ledge in the photo is the one I broke my birf on my first trip to Tuttle :laughing:
(ETA, xr_nuts photo)
7D58ADF5-7BA2-4613-95D8-E692BD480D93.png

This is the route I took in my barely road legal Toyota with no doors and a missing headlight. Never saw the law, though I know that doesn’t make it legal. YMMV. I’ve found that in farm country you can get away with a lot as long as you drive slow and not recklessly and stay on cute county roads (895 is county, right?. Blue sign, yellow numbers?). I try to stay off the state/fed highways if I have big legal concerns.
Ah, I thought fancy was the site closer to the bridge. So that would not be on the state highway. Give it a shot, they cant take your birthday.

That line has only gotten worse at the top of the rock garden. Some days I can make it out, others I cannot. I don't like broken parts so I will likely stay out of there. :laughing:

Oh and with that info, I will plan to cut out of here early friday and come wheel for a few hours. Just to meet some more (p)irates :beer:

here's to hoping it's not 50 and raining or 100* and dry as a popcorn fart.. lol:beer:
Did my 'due dilligence', according to historical averages, it's supposed to be highs in the mid-80s and lows in the mid-60s that weekend with low to medium chances of rain. So 105 or 45 and downpouring for sure:laughing:

Every time our group has traveled to Kansas Rocks they get 3-6" of rain, I quipped the last time we were down there that the local farmers and ranchers should pay our travel expenses. One of the reasons I like Tuttle is it's got a little less tree and ground cover and seems to dry out faster in the event that it rains.

Did my 'due dilligence', according to historical averages, it's supposed to be highs in the mid-80s and lows in the mid-60s that weekend with low to medium chances of rain. So 105 or 45 and downpouring for sure:laughing:

Every time our group has traveled to Kansas Rocks they get 3-6" of rain, I quipped the last time we were down there that the local farmers and ranchers should pay our travel expenses. One of the reasons I like Tuttle is it's got a little less tree and ground cover and seems to dry out faster in the event that it rains.
even a bad weekend wheeling is still better than being at work. :laughing:

I will consider it. My son wants to go wheeling again and I figured a day trip would be good for him to see if he is up to it. Last time I took him to SMORR he did not like it so I told him I wouldn’t take him again until he is ready and asks. I have only been to Tuttle once.

I will consider it. My son wants to go wheeling again and I figured a day trip would be good for him to see if he is up to it. Last time I took him to SMORR he did not like it so I told him I wouldn’t take him again until he is ready and asks. I have only been to Tuttle once.
How old is the boy? My oldest is really the only kid I’ve got that wants to be out all day, he’s 11. The 7 and 5 yo complain it’s “too rough and bouncy”:laughing:

My son is 10 he was 7 or 8 at Smorr he didn’t like it because he couldn’t see over the dash of the Jeep and I forgot to bring a booster seat. He wouldn’t let me do any climbs so I couldn’t really follow my friends where we all wanted to go. I have a buggy on 43s so I imagine if I follow you guys it wont be to bad for him. Im sure he wants to ride in the buggy but if he wants to ride in the Jeep we will bring it.

I could possibly come Friday morning. Will there be any open seats? I feel like my daily driver will be a little under gunned.

I could possibly come Friday morning. Will there be any open seats? I feel like my daily driver will be a little under gunned.
I can’t guarantee that, I’m going to have one of the kids likely. What’s your DD? IME Tuttle only has a few places that are tough that you MUST go through. I’m pretty confident when it’s dry I could drive my 79 Power Wagon with ATs most places taking all the easy routes.
Anyone more familiar with Tuttle care to confirm/refute that?

I can’t guarantee that, I’m going to have one of the kids likely. What’s your DD? IME Tuttle only has a few places that are tough that you MUST go through. I’m pretty confident when it’s dry I could drive my 79 Power Wagon with ATs most places taking all the easy routes.
Anyone more familiar with Tuttle care to confirm/refute that?
A Tacoma on 31's. I've been through there a handful of times and haven't had any problems other than dragging the frame/cross members. I'm sure it will be fine, but if everyone else is going to have built rigs, I don't want to slow everyone down.

A Tacoma on 31's. I've been through there a handful of times and haven't had any problems other than dragging the frame/cross members. I'm sure it will be fine, but if everyone else is going to have built rigs, I don't want to slow everyone down.
Friday the only ones from the group coming down that I know will be there is a 97 K1500 on 35s with a welded rear and open front (and a snow plow mount:laughing:) and a Grand Cherokee with a welded rear and 31" boggers. I think that xr-nut is bringing his buggy Friday afternoon, but is going on a trip a couple weeks after and wants to 'take it easy' so he doesn't have to work on it (something I should have done this weekend:homer:). My buddy with the Chevy would probably have a free seat, but I don't want to speak for him.
As the rest of our little group probably won't be down for wheeling until Saturday and I think we are going out Sunday as well I don't plan on going full retard until Saturday afternoon at least, but plans change sometimes:grinpimp:

Friday the only ones from the group coming down that I know will be there is a 97 K1500 on 35s with a welded rear and open front (and a snow plow mount:laughing:) and a Grand Cherokee with a welded rear and 31" boggers. I think that xr-nut is bringing his buggy Friday afternoon, but is going on a trip a couple weeks after and wants to 'take it easy' so he doesn't have to work on it (something I should have done this weekend:homer:). My buddy with the Chevy would probably have a free seat, but I don't want to speak for him.
As the rest of our little group probably won't be down for wheeling until Saturday and I think we are going out Sunday as well I don't plan on going full retard until Saturday afternoon at least, but plans change sometimes:grinpimp:
Im still kind of planning friday afternoon, I will be short staffed here at the dealership but 1 guy can run the place unless the bottom drops out of it.

I do not know if the war department will be coming, may or may not have a seat.

If everyone will still be there sunday morning, that might be a better time for me to come out.

With all this rain and expected rain maybe the lake will fill back up to the park so we can watch young gi's take their new jeeps out in the mud.......:laughing:

Not sure if I am gonna make this trip. Might load up and make a day trip out to meet you fawkers on Saturday though. Just got back from TN Saturday and my ass is still sore from the diesel prices. :laughing:

I'll be in a golf cart though. Most likely won't be bringing the wife since she doesn't care for day trips much.

I hear the high diesel prices, that’s why we drove down in the bus running new prototype 0w-20 that was no longer needed and going to be thrown out for fuel:flipoff2:

Going to PM you my #, text me when you know for sure and with your ETA.

Edit to add: anyone else who wants to join PM me with your # and I’ll text you.

Do you guys use two way radios? CB or UHF/VHF? or hand signals :flipoff2:?

I have a UHF/VHF in my RZR. it's one or the other I don't know which. I just know it's not a CB:laughing:

Top Back Refresh