Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

Group heading to Tuttle Creek ORV June 10-12

IowaOffRoad

King shit of turd island
BRC
Member Number
Loc
Under the apple tree
We have relatively firm plans on traveling to Tuttle Creek ORV as a group June 10-12.

Putting this out there as an invite to look us up and wheel with our group. It will be between 3-6 rigs, mostly Jeeps with 33-35" tires and lockers, so not wild buggies or SxS's. The rig count on our end is variable as not everyone is committed yet. We have no problem wheeling with anybody, but I thought I'd throw out what we wheel as some people don't want to run slow (many of the SxS I'm sure) or wheel mundane stuff (buggies with 42's). As we usually only get in one of these trips per year I know we are going to want to stick together and run what is possible (or almost, we break plenty trying stuff we know better than we should).

I'll be down there earlier than that if anyone local wanted to wheel during the week. I can provide more details of our plans in a PM.

xr-nut chaplinfj60 MattS Alex123456 Wades_76_cj7 Lilyota Honky Lips GBG8201 665.0coupe I was thinking of you guys but it's a suggestion for anyone else who might be interested. As long as you don't frown on people who drink, smoke, chew, and talk shit about each other, all groups of people, the world today, you aren't woke, and not a snowflake pussy I'm sure you'll get along fine with me and my friends:flipoff2:

We have a baseball tournament that weekend. And I still don't have a wheeler. I would love to bum a ride in xr-nut's buggy sometime. But not that weekend. Thanks for the invite.

For anyone tagged who can't figure out how to reply. Join the group, refresh the page and then you can. :idea: Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

I will be coming home from TN the weekend before. Let me see how things go in TN and see how broke I am from Brandon's fuel prices.

I would be down for some shenanigans if you guys don't mind a golfcart tagging along. What campground will you be staying in? the one across that long ass bridge? Can non street legal rigs drive from that campground to the park?

I have not been to Tuttle in years. I don't mind the barley pops on the trail as long as everyone keeps it in moderation. Don't wanna be calling the amberlamps. And I am all for talking shit on the trails, especially to the ghey jeep guys. :flipoff2:

Maybe heading to windrock that exact weekend. Kinda gonna see how much this trip costs to smorr before I commit to windrock. So something closer maybe in order. Thank you bud 😊

I will be coming home from TN the weekend before. Let me see how things go in TN and see how broke I am from Brandon's fuel prices.

I would be down for some shenanigans if you guys don't mind a golfcart tagging along. What campground will you be staying in? the one across that long ass bridge? Can non street legal rigs drive from that campground to the park?

I have not been to Tuttle in years. I don't mind the barley pops on the trail as long as everyone keeps it in moderation. Don't wanna be calling the amberlamps. And I am all for talking shit on the trails, especially to the ghey jeep guys. :flipoff2:

Does this answer your question? :lmao:

Yes. Video is of my buddie's Oreon (or however the fuck it's spelled) the last time we went to Tuttle. As long as you don't want to run 30mph through everything we get along fine.

I personally have no issue with the 'carts' its just the pace of wheeling can get frustrating for some.

ETA: As far as the drinking goes, I don't do it at all so I tend to moderate the rest of them. Most of the ones committed to this trip so far won't drink hard on the trail and I don't want to involve the law or the hospital myself. Most of the ones who have to drink hard end up riding, getting wiser in our old age I guess.

I'm supposed to shoot a rifle match on the 11th, but I may skip it. I could also come on Friday.

I go a lot of places at Tuttle with my daily driver Tacoma on 31's but I really need to get some skid plates. I won't have any problems towing broken Jeeps off the trail :flipoff2:

Also put me on the list of people who want a ride in xr-nut's buggy.

xr-nut is busy with a car show so it sounds like he's out. I'll be there camping beforehand a few days so I'd be down to wheel throughout the week part of the time.

I would come out on Friday evening if I can make it. Not sure the wifey will wanna go but I'll try to talk her into it.. She makes a mean sammich.. :laughing:

I asked the wife if she wanted to go and she asked if there are gonna be other wives there as well?

Last edited:
I'd like to come down but I sold my crawler, pickup and trailer.

I was pretty set on building a first gen Tundra but then impulse bought an '88 pickup so who knows what and when I'll be wheeling anytime soon.

I was pretty set on building a first gen Tundra but then impulse bought an '88 pickup so who knows what and when I'll be wheeling anytime soon.
didnt you just get that grey colored truck going and sold it awwwwwwwww bummer

Yeah, I got divorced this year so a lot of changes. I used it 3 times lol
That sucks man. You get that truck rolling let me know. Id be happy to wheel with you some other time if I’m free. You need anything for that 88 let me know I might have it. Hope to wheel with you someday.

I would come out on Friday evening if I can make it. Not sure the wifey will wanna go but I'll try to talk her into it.. She makes a mean sammich.. :laughing:

I asked the wife if she wanted to go and she asked if there are gonna be other wives there as well?
My wife will be camping:laughing: One or two of the guys is bringing their wives, but it hasn’t been decided yet if they are all coming down Friday.

I saw it for sale on FB, I had to come back here and find the build thread to make sure it was the same truck. Sucks you had to sell it.

so is this a guys trip or family trip?

When I talked to the GF last night she said, "So, are you telling me you are going, or are you inviting me to go?"

I saw it for sale on FB, I had to come back here and find the build thread to make sure it was the same truck. Sucks you had to sell it.

I held onto it through everything, but had sold my pickup and trailer and it was looking like it was going to sit awhile. It just didn't fit my life right now.

Kind of a blessing, I loved things about it but hated others. It wasn't really capable enough to hang with buggy's on the really hard stuff but too capable to wheel with the other Toyota guys I know. It was in a weird place. Next truck will be more streetable.

When I talked to the GF last night she said, "So, are you telling me you are going, or are you inviting me to go?"

My wife will most likely go but she doesn't wanna be the only girl at the party..

She might not wheel though depending on how she is feeling after a week in the buggy in TN.

It wasn't really capable enough to hang with buggy's on the really hard stuff but too capable to wheel with the other Toyota guys I know. It was in a weird place. Next truck will be more streetable.
Several guys in our group have contemplated going to 37-39s. Kind of outside the limit on a cheap rig for reliability of drivetrain. I was the first one to get 35s and I didn’t have nearly as much fun on the easier stuff many of the guys did. I might end up with 36-37s someday on another rig but for the places to wheel that are easy driving distance for me it would limit even more the difficulty of potential obstacles. Fully locked on 35s allows me to do tons of cool stuff without breaking much (other than the body:laughing:) but nothing is a gimme depending on conditions.

I held onto it through everything, but had sold my pickup and trailer and it was looking like it was going to sit awhile. It just didn't fit my life right now.

Kind of a blessing, I loved things about it but hated others. It wasn't really capable enough to hang with buggy's on the really hard stuff but too capable to wheel with the other Toyota guys I know. It was in a weird place. Next truck will be more streetable.
I saw it too for sale and thought you were off to bigger and better things. Congrats to your new found freedom. Can't wait to see what you build next.

Tin Roof forgot to include you in this discussion. Is this something you'd be interested in?

Drawing a blank at the moment of other Irate members who are close enough who may want to go. Feel free to suggest interested members. I know that if you don't have a dedicated group to run with its more difficult to make plans to go wheeling outside of events and holiday weekends.

I would be, unfortunately I'll be in Colorado that weekend for work. Thanks for tagging me in.

I saw it too for sale and thought you were off to bigger and better things. Congrats to your new found freedom. Can't wait to see what you build next.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

This is what I bought, not sure where it'll go yet. Not half as clean as it looks, has some serious frame issues that need addressed. It's just begging to get back-halfed

Attachments

• IMG_0849.PNG
    IMG_0849.PNG
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
Sorry, not familiar with what you guys are running.

Is this trip mostly trailered hard core machines? Or mostly streetable?

kicking around the idea of coming down and following y'all around.

Sorry, not familiar with what you guys are running.

Is this trip mostly trailered hard core machines? Or mostly streetable?

kicking around the idea of coming down and following y'all around.
Edge of streetable. All of our group has no issue driving them on the road, but most of the rigs are not what you'd call daily drivers. As mentioned earlier, all are running 33 or 35 inch tires (with the exception of the Tracker on 31's and the K5 on 40's, neither of which will probably make it). if you care to look at my Youtube or Rumble channels I've posted many of the videos from our trips over the last few years to Tuttle, Kansas Rocks, or MIOBI in Iowa if you want to see what/how we wheel. Links below if you care, not trying to promote either channel, I just started those years ago in order that we would have a centralized place for us all to see the videos rather than trying to text them to each other.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnU6WRpfJgKInMzi1rltnSg

IowaOffRoad what campground are you guys staying at? Any issues with me driving the RZR on the road from camp to the park?

Top Back Refresh