What's new

Grease Gun Tech in CC...

grease gun doesn't take up THAT much room :homer:

You say that as if a logical argument works on women. 😏

Yea, the leak is on the backside not the the hose end. I've tried a lot of different greases, no joy.
That blue condom thing might work well.

I have a lincoln pneumatic that I am unimpressed with. A large portion of the time it just spits air out the exhaust without actually doing anything. It used to slobber grease out the t-handle hole, too. I've mostly fixed that by going to conventional marine grease. At this point, I don't care that the grease is inferior--the Mystick I was using would never stop drooling, so el cheapo grease it is.

Grease guns are made exclusively of black magic and witchcraft. There's half a dozen hanging up in the barn and when you need one you just go down the line until you find one that wants to work today. The next time you need one I can guarantee it'll be a different gun and more than likely not the one you want

\n\n\nAlemite a500 here, love it and have had it for years. Actually bought it about 10 years ago to replace one that I lost(I know, how the fuck do you lose a grease gun. Think I was greasing the tractor then set it down and went off and did tractor things, to this day have still never found it). When I was a teenager I bought a grease gun at a yardsale and it had this on it https://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Lubri.../dp/B001HW8ZDE ever since then I always equip my grease guns with one, although I dont remember them being that expensive.

I did learn something I never knew about a grease gun a few years ago. If it is airlocked you pull the t handle hand all the way out then turn it a quarter turn then loosen the tube a half turn, then push hard on the t handle and pump it a few times then turn it back a quarter turn and push it all the way in then give it a few more pumps as you tighten the tube. Majik it works.

Also learned if you want to know how much grease is left in it pull the t handle straight out and wherever it hits resistance the amount of handle sticking out is how much grease is left.

These two simple things have changed my life forever and has saved me hours just in the last few years.

I always carry my own grease gun in the toolbox of my semi but if Im in the shop and need to grease something real quick I go to wall and start pulling handles because its a guarantee half of them were put back as soon as they ran out of grease. I dont get it, why wont the hourly workers fill the grease guns then leave it for the people paid by the load to do it for free. :mad3:

I can't answer the long term part, but I've had this dewalt for about 2yrs and love. The long hose is really nice, you can lay under your rig, lay it near you, and reach the hose up wherever you want under your rig. Probably been through 8-9 tubes mostly from other people borrowing it, everybody thats used it loves it. You can even refill it from 55gal drum

The valve on this one sucks. Black round thing below the hose. I got through 4-5 tubes a day. ive had it 2 years. I also use the lock n lub connection (extended for mini x tracks)

I bought the STP mini grease gun because it's easier to throw and cheap to replace. I just pull out the cartridge and toss it when I'm done for the year and keep plenty of spares. The old one I had, I stored it my plastic transmission parts box so it would keep everything greasy and rust free.:laughing:

Well, it's good to see that I am not the only one with problems keeping the voodoo magic inside the GG. I'll have to price out some of these options and make a decision based upon my level of usage.

I forgot to add that I used to have a Lincoln electric gun. It was shit, too.

I've just reached the point where I am actually willing to spend money on a good unit, but I've been "burned" by every damned one I have purchased in the past, making me leery to drop coin on one.

Bought a Milwaukee m12 because every other grease gun I have is a huge pile of shit. Has worked flawlessly.

Last one I purchased was an Alemite from amazon, it's going on 2 years still ok, I have a couple air powered, and manual ones that suck.

I was gonna post that AVE vid aswell :lmao:

I watched that yesterday, and it's obvious he hasn't done much greasing or knows much about grease guns in general...

That thread form he was bitching about on the end of the tube to unscrew the plunger should never have to be removed. Him bitching about the grease gun not fitting in the bag with the plunger extended was laughable. One quarter twist and shove the plunger in.

Also the 2 speeds he was poking fun at are actually quite beneficial for a lot of things. Low speed for general greasing, high speed for moving large volumes of grease at a lower pressure. Sure comes in handy for filling large volume cavities with grease instead of standing there all day waiting for it to pump slowly.

I own a dozer and a backhoe and use a 20V Dewalt to keep them greased. Works fine. I understand the Milwaukee is a far superior grease gun, but since I'm a dewalt guy with no M18 stuff, it is what I use.

Another vote on the Lincoln pistol grip gun for a manual. I've got one that is close to 10 years old still going strong.

Everything else in cordless tools i own is dewalt, with batteries that are all the same.

Anyone that suggests I buy a red grease gun what company calls it fuel lol is gonna get slapped with a rubber hose.

Come at me bro... (rooster).

I can't answer the long term part, but I've had this dewalt for about 2yrs and love. The long hose is really nice, you can lay under your rig, lay it near you, and reach the hose up wherever you want under your rig. Probably been through 8-9 tubes mostly from other people borrowing it, everybody thats used it loves it. You can even refill it from 55gal drum

Is there any big difference between the M12 and M18 grease guns?

Big thing I noticed was the pressure rating on the M18 was higher than on the M12. I don't really care on the volume side, I don't have an excavator to grease track pins on or something like that, but I've had more than a few stubborn fittings that wouldn't take grease till I really got with it with the manual grease gun I have (and like many here, I've been through several manual ones). Been drooling next to the M18 grease gun for a while now, mostly for awkward locations where you need one hand to hold the hose on, and the other to hold the gun, and a third to pump the handle. Just pulling a trigger would make that much easier, otherwise it's a wrestling game of trying to hold the gun body between my legs and pump one handed and splooge grease all over instead of in the joint where I want it to go.

you need one hand to hold the hose on, and the other to hold the gun, and a third to pump the handle. Just pulling a trigger would make that much easier, otherwise it's a wrestling game of trying to hold the gun body between my legs and pump one handed and splooge grease all over instead of in the joint where I want it to go.

Get a LockNLube fitting for your current grease gun. It locks on the zerk, then you can use your two existing hands to hold and pump the gun. Unless you are just looking at buying a new tool/toy.:flipoff2:
https://smile.amazon.com/LockNLube-...-rebuildable/dp/B00H7LPKKU?tag=91812054244-20

Last edited:
For all you guys with Dewalt only tool fleets, no excuses. :flipoff2:

20200905_105220.jpeg

Top Back Refresh