What's new

Gov going around constitution to gather intel

junkytj

Sarcastic Asshole
Member Number
Loc
NW AR

video at the link. I tried to copy and paste here to avoid linksliding comments but character limit exceeded.

Being sold as a way to track extremists on homeland soil without the drawbacks of constitutional restraint. Good thing the HarriBidens are concerned about my constitutional rights.:flipoff2:

Extremists:

Trump supporters
Conservatives
Gun owners
Anti vaxers
Anti maskers
Libertarians
Christians
Pro police organizations
Men's rights advocates
Businesses that defy lockdowns
People who engage in dancing at weddings

No rights are absolute. Come on man!
Apparently not. A novel concept would be governing by the people with their consent rather than putting your heel on their neck until they are sneaking around the dark recesses of the internet where you have to hire out your surveillance because you aren't allowed to do it.

video at the link. I tried to copy and paste here to avoid linksliding comments but character limit exceeded.

Being sold as a way to track extremists on homeland soil without the drawbacks of constitutional restraint. Good thing the HarriBidens are concerned about my constitutional rights.:flipoff2:
Were you concerned with the Patriot Act, or is this just more bleeting about those damn Dems?

Were you concerned with the Patriot Act, or is this just more bleeting about those damn Dems?
I will be the first to admit I was too young and naive when the patriot bill was passed. Knowing what i know now about it. That Bill probably did more damage to the constitution than all the others before it.

So we push the entire American population to use secret, encrypted coms? Bet those auto warranty people will still pester me.

How is hiring a private firm to spy on Americans any different than the gov doing it itself?

First time realizing that rocdoc fancies himself the voice of moderate reason and just likes to be the anti-everything on the board these days?
Nope, I've been around for longer than 10 minutes. Just thought that while he was being reasonable, he might actually tell us what was shoved up his ass.

I have never heard anyone here ever defend the Patriot Act, quite the opposite. I was also on the old board when 9-11 happened and all the subsequent restrictions and PA were enacted, and can't ever recall anyone defending it even back then.

Seems like you are just :stirthepot:

I have never heard anyone here ever defend the Patriot Act, quite the opposite. I was also on the old board when 9-11 happened and all the subsequent restrictions and PA were enacted, and can't ever recall anyone defending it even back then.

I defend(ed) the Patriot Act as necessary given the situation. Kinda like masks. Extension of the Patriot Act is ridiculous, kinda like vaccine passports

Yes, I'm :stirthepot:, not trolling but adding to the discussion a point that it's not just about a single administration or party, it's our government in general. If I, you, probably anyone here was alive during FDR's reign, we'd be hopping mad at the bullshit that admin pushed through. This has been going on for a long time.

First time realizing that rocdoc fancies himself the voice of moderate reason and just likes to be the anti-everything on the board these days?
:laughing: OK, put me in a little box of your choosing. :flipoff2: Anti-everything? :laughing:

Extremists:

Trump supporters
Conservatives
Gun owners
Anti vaxers
Anti maskers
Libertarians
Christians
Pro police organizations
Men's rights advocates
Businesses that defy lockdowns
People who engage in dancing at weddings
:usa:

Yes, I'm :stirthepot:, not trolling but adding to the discussion a point that it's not just about a single administration or party, it's our government in general. If I, you, probably anyone here was alive during FDR's reign, we'd be hopping mad at the bullshit that admin pushed through. This has been going on for a long time.
Stirring the out isn't what we need. We need unity from the people and both parties are working against that. I would rank FDR as the 3rd worst president behind Obamma and Carter. Obamma pioneered using the bureaucracy against political enemies, Carter was just a failure. FDR sold gov control for the greater good.

And he's correct. We have to stand up for our individual rights and not let these political parties run roughshod over them with their phony platforms.
100% agree, one of the only modern era patriots.

Stirring the out isn't what we need. We need unity from the people and both parties are working against that. I would rank FDR as the 3rd worst president behind Obamma and Carter. Obamma pioneered using the bureaucracy against political enemies, Carter was just a failure. FDR sold gov control for the greater good.
It's just that in this echo chamber there are those that want to put all the blame on the Dems/Libs and somehow think that calling themselves conservative and aligning with the GOP makes them somehow morally superior, when in fact they're being manipulated with false rhetoric for their vote. I don't have the answer as to how we fix it tomorrow system wide, but I know how I use my vote.

Top Back Refresh