What's new

Gooseneck safety chains - better options?

welndmn

Well Done Man
Member Number
Loc
Concord, CA
photo8093.jpg
After I sold my gooseneck trailer 15+ years ago, I maybe borrow one from a friend once every 5 years.
Right now it has the spring loaded U bolt things from B&W, I hate them.
They catch every small lip of anything I put in the bed, my shovel always bashes into them, they suck.
What better options are out there?
I can't remove the U bolt things, as in 5 years when I need them again, I will not be able to find them.

After I sold my gooseneck trailer 15+ years ago, I maybe borrow one from a friend once every 5 years.
Right now it has the spring loaded U bolt things from B&W, I hate them.
They catch every small lip of anything I put in the bed, my shovel always bashes into them, they suck.
What better options are out there?
I can't remove the U bolt things, as in 5 years when I need them again, I will not be able to find them.

Remove them and put them behind the seat. :homer:​​​​​​

I also have a B&W and very seldom use it, I have a rubber bed mat that covers it.

I bought an Una-Goose hitch a few years back, and put it in my 03 2500. Single hole to cut in the bed, and the ball and chain plate mount together and drop in, so when the balls out of the holes, there's no chain retainers left to snag on anything. I've used it quite a bit, heaviest I've hauled was my dad's 14k 5th wheel camper with a 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter from Pennsylvania to Indiana after he died. Never had any issues with it. No website, it's basically one guy working out of his garage making them, if he's still in business...look it up online, Una-Goose. I've got no complaints, and I really like how simple it is.

Throw an $80 mat in the bed.

I've never used a shovel in my bed, as 3 yds of material is a waste of time.

Honestly I'm surprised that bugs you that much, but pull them and keep in cab as suggested

or drill holes and thread or weld nuts and use eye bolts to there's in when towing

go oversize, they are down rated side loaded

Top Back Refresh