What's new

Google Drive VS Microsoft one drive vs???

Talon2006

Yellow Skull
Member Number
So, wife and I both need access to a lot of documents from time to time, and we are debating opening an online drive so we both have access to stuff. Anyone prefer one over the other?

Does one of them have more secure access for more sensitive documents?

I use Onedrive... mostly, because of historical familiarity and distrust of all things Google.

Another OneDrive user but mostly because my work provides us with O365 for dirt cheap for home use.

Yep One Drive, automatic picture back up when connected to your phone, easy to view, and download your stuff anywhere at any time. The free account gives you 100GB, upgrade for $70 a year, and get 1TB of space plus premium Microsoft office.

mega.co.nz if privacy is an actual concern.

don't lose your master encryption key, ever.

I have a OneDrive personal and for work. I also have several Google Drives. I hate the OneDrive and much rather prefer GoogleDrive. Onedrive is absoulty maddening to use at times as it looks like Windows doesn't act like windows. I'm constantly having to look around for functions and then they don't flow at all. I have to look in Google some of the time but atleast it functions in the correct manner.

I have a OneDrive personal and for work. I also have several Google Drives. I hate the OneDrive and much rather prefer GoogleDrive. Onedrive is absoulty maddening to use at times as it looks like Windows doesn't act like windows. I'm constantly having to look around for functions and then they don't flow at all. I have to look in Google some of the time but atleast it functions in the correct manner.

elaborate... what kind of functions? completely just curious - never used google drive, so I don't know what I don't know.

I use Google Docs for remote access business stuff, and Google Photos for unlimited free backup. Happy with both, but I've never tried the MS versions.

OneDrive, at least it used to be this way, would not allow cloud only storage. If it was on the cloud, it had to be on the computer. So you can't use it for online only storage like you can Google Drive.

Sharing is one, trying to figure out who has access or granting access. Some of the commands are above in a toolbar and the other options are on the right hand side.

It really doesn't help that we have sharepoint and one drive and they are nearly identical but different in their functions.

I get daily/weekly reminders of new files or files I have deleted even though I have all the notification settings turned off.

Moving files is a PIA as the sidebar doesn't expand to show folders, so you have to select all your files, and then find the "Move to" button and find the folder. Google is a draw and drop to the tree on the left hand side.

Just a few I can recall.

I've had a onedrive for a few years, just use it as a gateway for photos from my phone. No complaints. Simple login, takes you to what is essentially a file explorer, download whatever you want from whatever device you login on (I use it mostly as a gateway for work photos from my phone and get them onto a work computer without doing an email transfer).

Google drive/photos user, no complaints. My mom has a Google home and I created a shared folder where pix of me, my kids and my brother automagically upload to. It works great and hasn't put any boobers or weiner pix on there in 4 years :)

Google docs and sheets are awesome as well, nothing to pay is a bonus, they can scan my shit all they ant, its mostly shit I downloaded from their search engine anyway.

I finally wised and created a backed up folder for my BendTech files so if my confuser dies I don't have to start over from the basement again.

So, wife and I both need access to a lot of documents from time to time, and we are debating opening an online drive so we both have access to stuff. Anyone prefer one over the other?

Does one of them have more secure access for more sensitive documents?

We use Onedrive for work. It's so clumsy to use compared to Google's drive.

If you really want a real secure share drive pay for Last pass and get MFA keys from https://www.yubico.com/

Top Back Refresh