What's new

Good Knife set

All you really need is a paring knife and a chef’s knife. It’s handy to have others but if you haven’t used them you won’t miss them. I like Japanese knives, they aren’t cheap but they are awesome. Like going from a ragged out Kia to a Mercedes if you actually cook. You also need a wood cutting board. Never cut on the counter, a plate, or glass. Never put them in the dishwasher. These won’t really rust unless you leave them in a sink full of water, and rarely need to be sharpened.

Steak knives shouldn’t ever need to be sharpened, they are serrated for a reason.
this is 100% on point. got my wife the shun chef knife here (different handle) for her birthday. about to get that pairing knife and those are the only two knives you need besides a bread knife.

and there is a local locksmith that sharpens knives :confused: . they do an amazing job and they charge $2 a knife. its not even worth my time taking out the stones anymore.

I bought my wife a set of zwilling knives from bed bath & beyond thinking they were decent. Once I got them out of the package they were really light weight garbage. Promptly returned them and started putting together our own set of the zwilling pro line. Very nice knives. They are thru tang, nice handles and they weight enough to get some work done.

If you want a set you can buy a set but you really don't need much more than the chef, a pairing knife and maybe a 5-6 inch utility knife.

-scott

Anyone looking for good and cheap, people were raving about these "Mosfiata" brand knives in some cooking groups on FB. I bought a few and have been very impressed with them. Can say how they'll hold up long term, but they're better than the old cheap set they're replacing.

Just noticed that the 8" chef and 7" santoku are 70% off.....$10 and $9 :eek: Aboslutely worth it even as back up utility knives.

Anyone looking for good and cheap, people were raving about these "Mosfiata" brand knives in some cooking groups on FB. I bought a few and have been very impressed with them. Can say how they'll hold up long term, but they're better than the old cheap set they're replacing.

Just noticed that the 8" chef and 7" santoku are 70% off.....$10 and $9 :eek: Aboslutely worth it even as back up utility knives.

Where are you seeing 70% off?

Top Back Refresh