Kwisatz Haderach
Member Number
Loc
Memphis, TN
Just watched one that blew me away

Population Zero

About a triple murder in Yellowstone.

It's on Tubi for free

Soaked in Bleach about the Kurt Cobain "suicide". Based on the work by the former LAPD detective private investigator Courtney Love hired to look for Kurt when he went missing. That dude didn't kill himself.

what's tubi? triple murder in yellowstone documentary sounds interesting

Tubi is a streaming service, have an app and website, free, can watch without even logging in. I found it when I was looking for Cocaine Cowboys, another good one.

How does "Loophole in the Constitution" sound? That's part of the docu as well.

The Vietnamam war on Netflix or really anything from Ken Burns that sounds interesting. They have a new World War II one that looks pretty good as well. Probably going to start that one next

I thought McMillions was pretty good. It's about the Manopolie (SP?) game being fixed.

Soaked in Bleach about the Kurt Cobain "suicide". Based on the work by the former LAPD detective private investigator Courtney Love hired to look for Kurt when he went missing. That dude didn't kill himself.

That one was mind blowing

Have been some interesting music industry documentaries free on YouTube lately. Learned a lot about classic songs and how they came to be.

The Wrecking Crew - kickass session musicians
Sound City - interesting studio
Muscle Shoals - more session musicians
All Things Must Pass - rise and fall of tower records

Have been some interesting music industry documentaries free on YouTube lately. Learned a lot about classic songs and how they came to be.

I would add "20 feet from stardom" to that list

I’ve seen the first three and can vouch for them. The wrecking Crew was pretty damn informative

One Child Nation was pretty good, documentary on prime or Netflix about the long term Chinese policy and the impressive effects of propaganda

Just watched one that blew me away

Population Zero

About a triple murder in Yellowstone.

It's on Tubi for free
I just watched this without researching it first. It’s fake. The concept of the loophole is real but everything in the film is fake. It’s even advertised as a mockumentary. I wish I’d researched it before blowing an hour and a half

If you want a good music doc, try "We Jam Econo" (story of the Minutemen).

If you want to get sick to your stomach, the Epstein Doc on Netflix. There is a special place in hell for that guy.

That one was mind blowing

Yep. When you have the former Seattle chief of police and forensic experts from the LAPD, NYPD, and the former head of the national forensics organization all crying foul... yeah, that dude didn't kill himself.

All good. We Jam Econo, about the Minutemen that was good, too. Been a few years and lots of documentaries watched, but I believe it covered many other bands/scenes as well as them.

The Joy Division documentary was good as well.

I like watching documentaries about bands/scenes/eras that aren't done by the bands themselves.

All good. We Jam Econo, about the Minutemen that was good, too. Been a few years and lots of documentaries watched, but I believe it covered many other bands/scenes as well as them.

The Joy Division documentary was good as well.

I like watching documentaries about bands/scenes/eras that aren't done by the bands themselves.

You should watch "Breadcrumb Trail" ..... It's about the band Slint.

If you want to change your ideas on tort reform watch Hot Coffee

I watched it on Amazon Prime

I’m not sure who likes music Documentaries, but i see Finding Sugarman made its way to Netflix.

Its kind of a chill story of a 70’s James Taylor kind of musician. Its kinda cool. More of a nighttime, before sleep, wind down kind of show.

There is adocumetary called Wild Wild America that is descent (it is a limited series on Netflix)
Also also watched Bikram: Yogi, Guru, Predator about Bikram Yoga on Netflix

There is adocumetary called Wild Wild America that is descent (it is a limited series on Netflix)

Ma Anand Sheela makes Carole Baskin seem tame.

If you want to change your ideas on tort reform watch Hot Coffee

I watched it on Amazon Prime

I’m not sure who likes music Documentaries, but i see Finding Sugarman made its way to Netflix.

Its kind of a chill story of a 70’s James Taylor kind of musician. Its kinda cool. More of a nighttime, before sleep, wind down kind of show.

Ah, Sixto Rodriguez.

Literally every house in South Africa had his Cold Fact album. and it was popular with all age groups. Never understood when I came to the US how he was not famous here, heck he was not even known, and you could not get a single record of his either.

Great to see him achieve the fame he deserves albeit late in life, and he seems like a great human being. I really need to make an effort to see him live, he toured extensively in South Africa in the early and mid 90's, I had left already

Sad to see how he was treated by the American record industry, and how his % was stolen by the US record producer

Have to admit to feeling homesick when the movie shows parts of Cape Town, and the record shop that I actually used to visit. A great movie - even if you have never heard his music

Since we're talking about a lot of band docs, how about Betty Blowtorch and her amazing true life adventures. I had never heard of them and just came across that documentary while checking Amazon Prime for free shows.

Top Back Refresh