What's new

Good cupholder for custom center console

TTMotorsports

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Lucerne Valley, CA
So I'm building a dash and center console for my prerunner. I only drink soda cans or bottles of water. What's a good cup holder insert I can hole saw a hole and slip it in and have it stay out and hold my beverages well and makes them easy to get in and out still.

Thanks

I had a stock center console made of ABS plastic in the old XJ. It didn't have cup holders stock and the ones made for it sucked. So, I went to home depot with a random selection of the most common used cans, fast food cups, QT/Maverick cups, etc.

I played with the ABS pipe and adapters/ends until I got something that held the largest variety of containers the most snugly. Basically a coupling/reducer and an end cap/plug. I cut the center console with the hole saw and then dropped the two new pipe cupholders into the two holes I drilled out. Then plastic welded the new cup holders to the console. They were the same color black, so it worked and looked good until the plastic weld finally broke.

I think it was a waste of time trying to plastic weld to old UV deteriorated plastic. Maybe I will fiberglass it in one day, if I ever decide I care enough to try and fix the looks of it. It sits on the floor of the vehicle, so it is not going anywhere.

I modified the stock center console for my bronco using these

393.jpg

Can of soda/beer fits in there pretty nicely, and they're pretty cheap inserts.

Last edited:
I bought a couple of these and used some hose clamps and secured them to the windshield down bars. Probably paid a couple bucks for the two. not great for cans, but holds water bottles brilliantly, even in a roll over, they didn't fall out.

5eefa7ac-89c8-43e4-b9b4-b87b0cf10523.jpg

I went and got some plastic I sert ones from Walmart today. Hole sawed holes to mount them in the door/lid of my center console. So if I can them in future I can just cut a new piece of plate for a new one.

Something to drop in a hole sawed hole?

This is where I got mine. Simple and cheap.

I bought the jumbo ones. They were something like $5 each.

DSC00548.JPG

DSC00550.JPG

Here you can see how the jumbo holds a water bottle.

DSC00514.JPG

I'm sure the non jumbo would fit a water bottle just perfect.

These hold full size tumblers and stainless can coolers. I run them on the boat, they flat out work. For a guaranteed hold, you can glue a neodynium magnet to the bottom of them, then glue some magnets to your cups or can coolers and they will never move.

I was going to mention bike bouy but OP stated insert for console so I didn't. These things are great
I just got them. Without the coozie there's a cutout for a full size mug handle to fit in. The included coozie make's a can (soda beer whatever) up to mug size so it will take either.

Rolled my junk on Cadillac and had a ram mount pivoting cup holder and a red solo cup almost full and didn’t spill a drop.

That help?

The small one is just off the shelf stainless coffee mugs less handle.

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 7.51.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-17 at 7.51.23 AM.png

Top Back Refresh