What's new

Golden mountain ride this weekend

Slander

Team no stickys
Member Number
Loc
Hickory, NC
I didn't want to create an event in the ride section as it's not my event and I think this section gets more eyes anyway. Who's going to the Golden mountain ride in TN this weekend? Anyone down for an irate meetup?

was thinking about it... but I have some electrical work do to. :flipoff2::flipoff2:

I am out. With the weather we've had I was going to say f it and just stay home. Sold my ticket but got talked into to going to GAC for the day tomorrow.

I'll be there tonight. If you see this pos say what's up!
1000001982.jpg

1000002454.jpg

so awesome it's reopened!! great park and congrats to the locals!!

I spy... Gavin, Raymond and vanzant.. Where's Nate and I thought ol yeller was gonna make an appearance?

I spy... Gavin, Raymond and vanzant.. Where's Nate and I thought ol yeller was gonna make an appearance?
Any of these?
1000002584.jpg

1000002575.jpg

1000002570.jpg

1000002551.jpg

1000002526.jpg

1000002522.jpg

All the above pics are the bypass for the bounty hill, only 2 people attempted it when I was up there and I didn't get any good pics. Cool rusty beat up bouncer almost made it, then we took off.

Any of these?
1000002584.jpg

1000002575.jpg

1000002570.jpg

1000002551.jpg

1000002526.jpg

1000002522.jpg

All the above pics are the bypass for the bounty hill, only 2 people attempted it when I was up there and I didn't get any good pics. Cool rusty beat up bouncer almost made it, then we took off.
You got gavin, nate, Jeff, looks like Cody also.. and maybe Daniel.. can't tell if that's his car or not lol alot of them bouncers look the same hahaha

Sam was there. Visited with him a bit Friday night and saw him several times on Saturday.

Any of these?
1000002584.jpg

1000002575.jpg

1000002570.jpg

1000002551.jpg

1000002526.jpg

1000002522.jpg

4th picture is Tall Nate.

Sam was there. Visited with him a bit Friday night and saw him several times on Saturday.

4th picture is Tall Nate.
So glad to hear Sam made it out! Been awhile since ol yeller was photographed there. I noticed he posted pic of nates car.. lol leiha bossing him around from passenger seat hahha

So glad to hear Sam made it out! Been awhile since ol yeller was photographed there. I noticed he posted pic of nates car.. lol leiha bossing him around from passenger seat hahha
Was glad to see Sam too. Had been 1.5 years since I had seen him last, and our son enjoys him and the yeller buggy.

She's pretty dang smart... to smart lol. man wish I would have made it out there. I've always wanted to ride that park
It was great to be back there. Supposedly insurance for off-road is going through final underwriting so should be good to go soon.

Was glad to see Sam too. Had been 1.5 years since I had seen him last, and our son enjoys him and the yeller buggy.
I think everyone does lol.. alot of kids and people have got to cruise yeller around

It was great to be back there. Supposedly insurance for off-road is going through final underwriting so should be good to go soon.
That's awesome, hope to make it out there soon.

T'was great to be back in the friendly confines of Golden Mountain again! I didn't bring the buggy since I woke up with an eye swollen shut Friday morning and just bummed an open passenger seat with a buddy. Went up Friday evening with the family to hang out, eat supper, and see some friends again for the first time in a few years.

Went back early Saturday morning and rode in a group of two Jimmy Smith buggies and had hit or seen all the "big name" trails/obstacles by 10am. After that, we just went out trail riding and avoided traffic jams until 4ish. They called it quits for the day since nothing was broken and we had ridden nearly everything there minus some short trails and just wanted to avoided any potential traffic jams if possible. They loaded up and head out. I wandered around for a bit to see a few more folks before heading back to mom's to replace the started on her truck.

Was a fun trip, with great traction, minimal dust, maximum humidity, and a great turnout. Supposedly the offorad insurance is nearly good to go, so hopefully the park will be back open for normal riding soon.

Enough typing, here are some pictures.

Short notice of an open ride (cleanup helpers are free, others are $20) this coming Saturday (8/10).
IMG_3117.jpeg

Top Back Refresh