What's new

Going Solo - an X3 to race

This will be a bad muddy mess.

59FD96FF-6C27-49E4-98B5-F9C6A7D2729C.jpeg
7DB11126-D1AD-449C-9585-9882700FA871.jpeg
4CECDA02-BA77-4137-87FD-7991191DDB45.jpeg
BB1FB3D7-D0AC-486E-B7E7-C0B2F5EAE1D7.jpeg

Yeah.... well we learned... uh... shit.

The car did not feel good Sat AM. Comfort was fine, the controls, radios, everything was fine but the suspension.

I had limited steering over 35MPH. At 75mph the co dog and I agreed that if the front tires were on the ground, only the tits from the new tires were touching. Hill climbing the front was touch and go, literally. Jumping was fine.

We added 3 full inches of preload to the rear and made a cross over change. A friend of mine used to be 3rd GNCC guy in the US so we had a chat. After the change it was way better but I still need to make a few changes.

We tried a tire change with my Eagle air jack and screwed that all up. We absolutely need to change how we change a tire. the UHMW was so slick the jack shot out sideways like Thor threw it at me. I will start figuring that out now.

Then my oldest daughter says, your pass rear is low dad. No my child, its the way its sitting because we jacked it up.... 3 miles later the co dog and I decided we wanted to gymkahna doughnut around a tree both directions to keep learning the new feel with the preload change. smash! I get out to see the back pass tire almost flat. :lmao: I need to listen to my pit crew, it would have never dumped like that on a fully inflated tire. :homer:

Anyway, the 4 -5 hours was invaluable. It certainly made us better. I think we can have the suspension dialed and 2 minute tire changes with 2 more sessions.

Thoughts on the suspension. I think it’s close but not all the way

Just soliciting feedback. From the slow-mo it looks like the front tires arnt dropping fast enough. But, I have always thought that about sxs. Maybe its just a difference in how the suspension works over big cars like I am used to.

but if feels good and in control in the car

IDK i also think it looks like the front's packing up some. IMO i'd do some more high speed videos through some chop and send it to a shock guy like George White or someone and see what they think. I'm pretty sure just about everybody that goes fast in a UTV rolls their junk within the first 20 hours. These things are incredibly forgiving until they're not. lol

You going to be there? I’m in full race prep.

Looking good so far...made a small shopping list tonight, final nut & bolt tomorrow, load up Friday morning & go.

179542251_10102414973979829_3136031683549429540_n.jpg

We usually stay down on the lower field to the right when you come in, between the road & the race track, kinda across from the snack bar.

Looking good so far...made a small shopping list tonight, final nut & bolt tomorrow, load up Friday morning & go.

179542251_10102414973979829_3136031683549429540_n.jpg

We usually stay down on the lower field to the right when you come in, between the road & the race track, kinda across from the snack bar.
I am waiting a few 2nd day air parts from California, we accidentally cut the P2T wire on the race radio/intercoms. I had a spare, saw it during the build, I cannot find where I put it.

I’ll be there Friday by 6. White Ram, black 28’ enclosed that’s 2’ taller than a regular enclosed. I always park in the lower field as well. UTV’s race at 8am so we are starting early. Im
Accustomed to having all day and racing 4400 last, I’ve never raced then watched. Should be fun.

Line Mountain in PA. Oldest off road racing the country I think. Where Blyler and Miller started.
That's rad. I didn't know about that place. What kind of classes do they run? I've got a 2wd motorcycle powered buggy going together that would be cool to race if it fit in a class.

Top Back Refresh