What's new

Going against the trend - Considering Selling all my reloading stuff

kf4zht

Red Skull Member
Member Number
So while the world is in a panic to start reloading, I've been thinking more and more about selling off all my stuff. One or two big lots (maybe metallic and shotshell seperate)

Here is my thinking - I've been reloading a lot less. Somewhat due to being further from the range, but also realized that reloading was what I fell into when my now ex-wife slowly shut down all the other things I loved to do. At the heart of it I like to tinker, build and be outside. Reloading was a simple form of that I could do, plus spread the time and money investments out. Now that I am free I'm back to doing what I really prefer - Building shit in the shop and being outdoors.

And we have the world in a panic, stuff sold out everywhere. What better time to cash out for probably a zero net and put that money into something new. At the least I need to take inventory anyway. I would probably have to sell off a couple wildcat barrels and parts since I wouldn't be able to reload for those, but can easily grab some off the shelf ready replacements.

For a scope we are talking around 11 calibers so far I've found 70lbs of powders, and I'm up to 4000 bullets, but only checked one shelf of 5. I'm thinking the rough price would be around 5-6k, and we are at a perfect tax refund/stimmy check time that people have extra money

Since you guys are a good devils advocate/strawman generator I figured I would run it by y'all. :flipoff2:

Overall it can go 3 ways:
1. Sell high, market settles back out and if I miss it I can reinvest
2. Shit gets banned and either goes astronomical or worthless (if they either confiscate or make it illegal to sell)
3. Shit hits the fan, in which case if I actually need all the loaded ammo I have on hand I'm going to be more focused on trying to figure out how to survive, grow food, purify water and such to have time to reload.

Thats easy if you dont have time and have sufficient ammo on hand sell it. You may find it easier to sell in smaller lots rather than one big dump. Where are you located? Where you located? Im looking for small and large rifle primers and IMR4350 powder.

PS. It will never be worthless even if it is illegal to sell. Which that wil never stand up in court.

Thats easy if you dont have time and have sufficient ammo on hand sell it. You may find it easier to sell in smaller lots rather than one big dump. Where are you located? Where you located? Im looking for small and large rifle primers and IMR4350 powder.

PS. It will never be worthless even if it is illegal to sell. Which that wil never stand up in court.

While I may be able to make more the idea is to get rid of it all - so it would be all or nothing. Or at least all the equipment goes and if they can't take all the components sell those. I do not want to spend the time making a bunch of random transactions and end up with the final box of stuff that people didn't realize they needed.

I would probably do a price for everything - even the bench
Price for all the metallic reloading
Price for all the shotshell reloading
Price for each of the wildcats - barrel, dies, brass and bullet if they don't cross over. These will move better on the specific forums.

I've done part outs, piecemeal, etc. And people are really losing the ability to negotiate, show up on time, communicate. I don't want a second job.

For ref I'm in NWGA between Atlanta and Chattanooga if anyone wants a complete reloading setup

While I may be able to make more the idea is to get rid of it all - so it would be all or nothing. Or at least all the equipment goes and if they can't take all the components sell those. I do not want to spend the time making a bunch of random transactions and end up with the final box of stuff that people didn't realize they needed.

I would probably do a price for everything - even the bench
Price for all the metallic reloading
Price for all the shotshell reloading
Price for each of the wildcats - barrel, dies, brass and bullet if they don't cross over. These will move better on the specific forums.

I've done part outs, piecemeal, etc. And people are really losing the ability to negotiate, show up on time, communicate. I don't want a second job.

For ref I'm in NWGA between Atlanta and Chattanooga if anyone wants a complete reloading setup

Got pics of everything?

What are you selling?

Prices?

I'm interested in some things and not others, posts some specs man!:flipoff2:

I'm always on the hunt for deals on brass, powder (unopened), primers, dies, etc. and maybe a press or two. plus misc. items. Depending on what you have I could do a weekend trip. :smokin:

Well out of those 11 calibers, I'm guessing there's some real common stuff like 9, 45, 223, etc., but if there are oddballs then that would diminish the value to someone buying the whole package. I get it, you want to be one and done, and maybe you can find someone that will buy it all and then gunbroker the stuff they don't want. I'm at 3 rifle and two pistol, and likely to add one more pistol and one more rifle for the time being. I haven't jumped on 6mm ARC or .224 Valkyrie because I can't find brass, so I'll wait for the ammo mfgs to catch up and buy loaded ammo first.

Ok, already had PMs and people asking for a list on powders and stuff. Let me be clear. I will not be selling piecemeal unless someone buys all the hardware and doesnt take some of the powder.

Brief Summary

Normal stuff

Dillon SDB with
9mm
45acp
44mag
45LC
4 Toolheads
New powder thrower, extra small charge bar
spares and crap

Lee Classic Cast Turret
7 Turrets
8 Powder thru dies
Auto Drum with 6 drums
Lee 38/357 die set
RCBS 5.7x28 Dies
RCBS 380 ACP Dies
RCBS 30-06 SB Dies
Redding 308 Dies - FL, NS and Micro Seater
RCBS 308 Seater (I ran seperate dies for 147 plinkers and bolt action rounds)

MEC 12 GA Mk 5 jr
- Adjustible charge bar
Lee Load All 16 GA (unopened, I think i was drunk amazoning)

RCBS Bench Swager
RCBS Hand Primer (Disc feed)
RCBS APS Bench Primer
RCBS APS strip loader
Frankfort case prep center
Hornady Electric scale/powder thing
RCBS 5-10 Beam Scale
Foster Manual Trimmer (Need to check bushings)
Caliper and Bullet Comparator thingy
Hornady Headspace measuring tool
RCBS Collet Puller
Lee bottom pour pot

Wildcat stuff I would separate into lots - I can sell them on the MDWS or other forums

277 Wolvy - 18" TC Barrel
Dies
3-400 cases (mostly factory)
Probably 1-2k bullets
1 Custom mold (have to pull specs)

6 Mongoose - 16" Threaded barrel
Dies
unsure how many cases yet
close to 4k+ bullets

357AR - 16" threaded barrel
400ish bullets (190-200gn 358)
2 molds

400 Corbon
Almost 2 full set of dies
1911 barrel
200ish starline factory cases, bunch of formed one
5-600 40/10mm brass

But its going to take a while to get through all the bullets. And there are some other things I need to decide on, like the labradar

If you are interested in at least all the metallic non-wildcat stuff feel free to PM me.

If you decide to break things up into lots post up. I'm almost always on the lookout for brass for myself or buddies, bulk bullets etc. I already have the common dies and don't want a SDB etc. Out of the stuff you posted I kinda want to ask for a price on the .400 Corbon stuff, but I need another project like a hole in the head. :laughing: The .308 dies though...

Ill give you some advice as i regularly would buy up big collections like this back east. Which is a shame i moved as i would be PMing you on the deets. Anyways, you have three options here:

#1 selling it all at once. If you want the least amount of head aches, this is it. But dont settle for pennies on the dollar, but do expect to bring in 60% of the street value of all the items. From the buyers perspective, some of your things are valuable right now and some are not. So the 40% loss is to make up for those things. Also, weed out buyers who arent for-real, for-real gonna buy it all. Find a guy with a truck and trailer and cash. That is the guy you want. This is how i got all my deals, "ill be there tomorrow with my truck, trailer and $10,000 in cash". Haggle on a total price for everything and dont be shy about being a little aggressive. Do have a detailed list of everything though, as it will make the haggling easier. Again, if someone offered you 60% cash tomorrow morning, this is the guy. You might try a local Gun shop and see if they will make offers on it. But in my experience, they are going to offer you 20% and counter at 30% then wont offer any more.

Side note: I once missed out on a $300,000 plus collection the guy offered to me for $100,000 in cash only because i couldnt raise enough capital to do so. Guy had everything, nods, thermals, body armor, machine guns, silencers, ammo, reloading, you name it. Guy was ex mil moving to austrailia for a .gov job. I still walked away with $15k worth of stuff but i still kick myself to this day.

#2 Selling piece-meal. This is the worst option as youll have ten million retards messaging you trying to jew you out of your stuff for pennies. You might be able to maximise profits this way but some of your stuff just plain wont sell unless it is for pennies on the dollar. Although, the market is super hot right now, so i wouldnt be suprised if most everything you have sells quick. But it will be a pain to finally sell everything.

#3 Keep it all. This is my current position. I have reloading stuff and i havent reloaded in a year or two. Only keeping because i know one day it will be worth gold. But that will be the day paper money wont be worth anything, Will this day be next year or in 20? dunno.

Finally some actual discussion and not a bunch of vultures.

If I want to go dealer I have a guy, bought and sold with him for years and he is fair on both sides. But right now that isnt my target - I'm going after the panicked white collar dude who suddenly has to be able to reload for the apocalypse but can't find the gear. Several posts I've seen recently on beginner groups are "I convinced my wife to put all of our stimulus and tax refund to reloadind but I cant find/dont know what to buy".

Not going to give it away, if it doesnt go for what I want it gets left right were it is on the bench and I might get back around to it. And while I really like proper wheeling and dealing the current crop of people on the used junk market are just annoying, dumb and useless on average. I want to keep this to as few transactions as possible

tree fiddy one!

And I could really use a bench swagger.

Finally some actual discussion and not a bunch of vultures.

No shit? You're obviously trying to cash out to the fool who needs this shit RIGHT NOW, not give everyone a deal of the century :laughing:

If it was me and just wanting to do some capitalism, I’d sell the most common stuff as a package and keep the wildcat stuff to the side and either save them or sell them individually. Two very different buyers I think.

If it was me and just wanting to do some capitalism, I’d sell the most common stuff as a package and keep the wildcat stuff to the side and either save them or sell them individually. Two very different buyers I think.

Yeah, the wildcats will go separate. Based on the past few things I have sold on the correct forums for them they move fast. Its what happens when there are a few rabid fans and only 1-2 people making the products. I don't care if those sell before everything else - I had my fun but am over the constant experimenting and most of them really shine for hunting, which I don't do much and pretty much either bow hunt or rimfire for small game.

I would try and sell it all in a single lot, and I know someone that would buy it :)

Top Back Refresh