What's new

WA Go-Fast TJ for Sale - Street Legal Ultra4 - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtxracer2

180 header nutcase
Member Number
Sold

Serious inquiries only. Over $90k invested, 10k in the last 6 months. Jeep is located in Auburn WA but available in Seattle area. Rebuilt WA title in my name. I’m not in a rush to sell. No trades please.

I've owned this Jeep for over 13 years and I did all the work. It was built with Ultra4 4500 racing in mind but I never got around to the racing. It's not Ultra4 tagged or inspected, but you'd only need minimal changes to race. I put in hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to make this my dream Jeep but I don't have the time for this hobby anymore. My loss, your gain. This started as a 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ, the frame has been chopped and tubed front and rear with 1.75x.120 DOM. The entire idea behind this Jeep was to keep the center of gravity as low as possible and this is the lowest TJ I’ve seen with the up travel of a go-fast racer. The cage and all other tubes are 1.75x.120 DOM with some other sizes mixed in for smaller support structures. All of this was done with proper design and engineering in mind. Fiberglass front clip and grill with a 3M matte vinyl wrap. Grill, cowl, and tailgate are painted to match. Roll cage is 1.75x.120 DOM throughout, tied to the frame in 6 places. All extras have been gutted but the Jeep still has heat. Civic SI seats that are very comfy with PRP harnesses. Also have a few PRP bags and a couple other items to go with the interior.

Drivetrain: GM LS 5.3 with BTR Stage 3 cam and springs, Melling oil pump, LS2 timing chain, TBSS intake setup, DBC PTM 92mm throttle body, stainless block hugger headers, and a Black Widow stainless muffler and exhaust. New seals, AN lines, and fresh Amsoil and quality fluids throughout. 4L80e with shift kit and Jake’s 3000 stall converter. Dedicated external Griffin trans cooler with switch. Stak Dana 300 replacement case, brand new rebuild with bearings, Tom Woods 1310 to 1350 drivelines, all Spicer joints. All parts have less than 1000 miles on them, engine and trans have about 130k on them. Sounds very good and pulls hard. It wins a lot of drag races at the dunes against other 4x4s. NW Fab twin stick cable shifters and a Winters shifter setup. Engine management is a standalone system with new harness from PSI, tuning by Wayne at 150tunes. I only used good quality components on this build. I’ve been using an iPad for the gauges but had plans to put in a gauge set (I'll still do this, see pricing). For the fuel system, I installed a brand new GM OEM fuel pump and Corvette regulator in a 22 gallon ATL fuel cell ($1400 alone) with a custom cradle I designed and cut out. All 6AN lines using the factory hard lines. The ATL cell is currently secured to the body in 4 positions and pass throughs behind the seats. This setup works extremely well and the pump is cheap and easy to replace from any parts store. I also used a brand new black anodized Aircraft fuel filler and new hose from Kartek.

Front and rear axles are Eaton H072. Front is a custom build with Dodge Dana 60 outers (unit bearing) with Spicer joints and USA made inner shafts (14 bolt 30 spline) custom cut. Front locker is from a 14 bolt. Rear locker is an Eaton H072 no-spin, an older Detroit locker in 17 spline. I have extra axle shafts, bearings, and spare third members and hubs for these. Brakes are new slotted and drilled rotors, pads, and off the shelf brake lines. These are the BEEFIEST axles you can find in my opinion. The ring gear is MASSIVE and the pinion is even bigger. These are bigger than D60s and is the predecessor to the 14 Bolt. Look up these axles, you won’t be disappointed. Rear axle uses D52 Chevy calipers (new) and has fresh pads as well with new brackets from Ruff Stuff.

Tires and wheels are four (4) BTR beadlocks, powder coated, 8 on 6.5 bolt pattern. Five (5) Falken Wildpeak MTs, 37x12.50x17, spare wheel on a new ProComp steel wheel. Good tread, front left has a very slow leak but I have the spare tire to swap it out. I also made a custom trunk enclosure that seals when you close the tailgate and you’ll have a secure storage area for tools and parts. Made from stainless, it’ll be a great addition to the back of the Jeep.

Steering is a hydraulic assist setup with a brand new Lee Power Steering CB pump and a matched Sweet servo that runs through a 3.5 turn PSC power steering box that’s been converted to manual box. Very powerful and precise steering with new CV joints and excellent setup. Very solid feel and 100% street legal. Ram is a PSC 2.25 bore 8” stroke with 7075 tie rods and new rod ends. Double shear brackets on the drag link side. 100% beefy throughout the entire Jeep. Built like a tank. Also has a cooler and PSC reservoir running Amsoil PS fluid.

Suspension is a 3 link front with panhard bar and a double triangulated 4 link rear built for low center of gravity. 7” of up travel in front, 14” total. 9” up travel in the rear, 15” total. Front end has Fox 2.0x3" hydraulic bumpstops and new pads with aluminum landing pucks. Front end also has 2.5x12 Walker Evans Coilovers with piggyback reservoirs and DSC knobs. The front end springs and dual rate kit is brand new with new mounting tabs. The rear has Fox 2.0x14 coil carriers and Radflo 2.5x14 triple bypass shocks with brand new Fox 2.0x2" bumpstops and pads. All shocks tuned by FullStack Motorsports and this Jeep boogies. Lower links are 4340 chromoly 2x.250 heat treated and cryo frozen. Uppers are 1.75x.120 DOM with inserts. Johhny Joints used throughout. Coleman Racing sway bars front and rear with double shear upgraded mounts and 1/2" heims with aluminum links.

Interior and other features
Interior has had a refresh in the last couple months. I am just finishing installing brand new black Marshall gauges and billet turn signal and CEL indicators. These are wired and plumbed, they work well, new sensors and wiring used. Honda Civic SI seats are very comfrotable and are on sliders for different seating styles. Winters shifter and NW Fab cable shifters for the Stak Dana 300. Goatbilt center console to hold the shifters and drinks. PRP cylinder bags with matching orange piping (3 of these) to hold gear and random items. An Autometer digital trans temp gauge and Daystar rocker switches control the rest of the circuits with room to add more circuits later on. I'm working on fabricating a swingout tire carrier and baja basket for the rear of the Jeep and will wrap those up this month (January 2022). The Jeep has LED headlights, LED turn signals, a Warn M8000 winch, TRE synthetic winch rope, a brand new aluminum fairlead, OEM half doors, and Joe's racing steering wheel with quick disconnect. There are other things I'm sure I'm missing, check out the pictures for more details.

Price:
$40k with all spares, soft top, ready to go wheel. Would consider a trade for a Porsche 911 or 2 door JL Rubicon.

I have a lot of spare parts for this rig and never intended on selling it. It’s fast, it’s really fun, and maybe I’ll regret selling it some day but I just don’t have the time that I used to have. I also designed many many parts in Solidworks CAD and can hand over all these files (200+) to the new owner.

Here’s the build thread:
Project Piss Off My Neighbors and Set My Condo on Fire

Videos of the Jeep before the backhalf was started. The walkaround video shows the lumpy idle and a general feel of how the Jeep looks today. The front and rear suspension have been heavily upgraded since this video and I installed gauges and more creature comforts for the dash. I'll take a new walkaround video soon.

Pictured wire harnesses shown dangling have been routed and placed since these photos.

download (3).jpg

download (2).JPeG

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

test1.jpg

IMG_8797.JPG

cargoarea1.jpg

More photos available upon request. I am aiming to take it out to the dunes for more videos this summer.
Thanks,
Trevin

Last edited:
Nobody wants to buy it because we all watched you build it at the old place and are expecting you to race KOH before you sell it.... Hint hint.

:flipoff2:
lol I’d love to bring it down to KOH again. We’ll see if that’s in the cards for 2023. It would help if someone had a way of transporting it down there. hint hint :D

Bump, reduced price to $40k OBO. Looking for a new home.

This is one of my favorite builds and a killer deal for the time and effort spent. GLWS!
Thank you! I am humbled to hear it's one of your favorite builds. I hope it goes to a good home. :smokin:

Thank you! I haven’t seen a rig quite like it and I think it’s a fair price. I appreciate the feedback!
I'm building something similar, but started with a cj. I personally think you're cutting yourself short on the price, when I'm Seeing TJs and LJ's with bolt on lifts going for 30k plus, but you're also market restricted for the type of buyer you'll get.

I'm building something similar, but started with a cj. I personally think you're cutting yourself short on the price, when I'm Seeing TJs and LJ's with bolt on lifts going for 30k plus, but you're also market restricted for the type of buyer you'll get.
Do you have a build thread yet? I'd love to look. PM me your details!

I think you're right about the price and I've thought about it a lot. The market is all over the place right now and finding a buyer in the PNW is more difficult than SoCal. I might take it to KOH this year and keep a for sale tag on it. Looking at similar rigs, the prices I see are either $35k or $70k for a rig like this. Overall I don't want to give it away but would let it go to a good home for a fair price.

Fun build so far.

What an amazing car. Your price seems cheap to me. But I don’t know the go fast market. I see crawlers going for 80k - 100k+. Yours seems like a 60k rig minimum. I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

What an amazing car. Your price seems cheap to me. But I don’t know the go fast market. I see crawlers going for 80k - 100k+. Yours seems like a 60k rig minimum. I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

Ah thank you! I was going back and forth on price. It’s nice to hear people see the value in it, especially after sinking years of time and thousands of dollars into it, beyond what most builds would entail. I think some good videos and some small clean up would show the value a bit better.

I will say, what makes the difference between a 35/40k rig and a 65/80k one very often is the quality of the detail work.

Really clean wiring, paint in excellent condition etc.

I will say, what makes the difference between a 35/40k rig and a 65/80k one very often is the quality of the detail work.

Really clean wiring, paint in excellent condition etc.
Yeah I'd agree with that. I've cleaned up the wiring on this rig and the fab work is cleaner than most I've seen. Being a mechanical engineer, I had a high standard of quality for the entire build. There are things I would do differently, like any build, but overall it's a high quality rig with high quality parts.

Bump for a clean rig that has major bonus points in my book due to the Eaton axles!

Thanks!!! The H072 is a hidden gem and the strength of these axles is underrated. Stronger than 14 Bolt IMO.

Will you take payments?

:flipoff2:

Wish I had the cash on hand. The price is almost too good to be true Sweet car. GLWS!
lol thanks for the kind words! I'm still holding out, need to post it on dezerttrucks on IG, they sell these types of rigs regularly and I think that's the next step.

Took the Jeep to the dunes and ripped around for a few hours. Man it was fun but I just don’t have the time for this hobby anymore. Someone give me a reasonable offer and take it off my hands.
86E32DF8-339A-4AE3-84B4-07F3D4C34E56.jpeg

Quick video of the latest outing, just a quick rip on some small rollers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh