What's new

GMT-800 Chassis

Member Number
Loc
socal
Looking for some experienced opinions regard GMT-800 frames.

Are the 2wd and 4wd front frame rails the same? Obviously all the bracketry to hold the suspension is different, but i suspect the rails themselves are the same to simplify the manufacturing process.

All i know is the 4x4 use a steering box so if the frame appears to have holes and a spot for steering box I would assume they are the same but not sure

I've been looking over the upfitter manuals trying to confirm this same thing for a SAS on my 2003 2wd (using a 4x4 frame for mockup). From what I can tell the frames are the same, with the exception of the front lower control arm mount / crossmember. The 4x4 frame's is further forward to account for the differential.

https://www.gmupfitter.com/pages/best-practice-manuals

so at lunch i did a super technical review of the documentation in the gm upfitters after TTMotorsports mentioned the steering bolt holes. based on my assessment the frame profiles are close enough for what i am doing.

2021-03-02.jpeg

Nice drawings you have there and I hope you get it all drawn up and works out perfectly for you. I know the frame files worked great for me and my project

What were the differences you noticed?

my analysis was all of about 32 seconds. i have a idea rolling around in my head that i wanted to flush out in computer land before committing to it. the rails will be getting stripped of all the stock brackets and plated for a flat clean work space.

1/2 ton stuff was coil sprung on the 2wd and torsion bar on the 4wd. Rack and pinion on 2wd and steering box on 4wd.

2500/3500 were all torsion bar and steering box. Only thing different on them was missing the diff, tcase, drivelines, and different front hubs.

Nice drawings you have there and I hope you get it all drawn up and works out perfectly for you. I know the frame files worked great for me and my project

my wife made it very clear, this shituation needs to be resolved before staring a vehicular project if domestic tranquility is to be preserved.

IMG_2396.jpg

Top Back Refresh