What's new

GM cluster issue

What?

Member Number
Loc
Hell
2003 2500HD LT, key on, comes as scrambled like atari game centipede game or random special chracter instead of X in a Box

This occur when key is on, it would from outside to inside before normal spec comes up. After that, all works good as it should

Wondering if any, the common issue for this? What part needs to be re-soldered if any.

I noticed when battery is low or somewhat disconnected, it won't appear. I need to make time to ensure all connection are good, hopefully this month.

Attachments

• 20210423_134116[1].jpg
    20210423_134116[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
Happened to my friends truck and his only fix was to remove it and have it rebuilt, or swap cluster. Gm clusters have the mileage stored in them so of you get another one will have to get mileage programmed to your truck if you care or go to sell it.

These clusters are very year, engine, transmission specific.

These clusters are very year, engine, transmission specific.
Yes but i used to part out escalade and the clusters would sell for $200 since the silverado guys would want them since they had chrome around the gauges for that custom look. 2002 and older and 03-07 classic. No idea on any other uears since that's all I delt with

Reactions: PAE
Sent one out to be repaired. Gauges did not work when returned. The gauges were hit and miss before, they would quit, hit a bump, come back on. Called fellow and he says it is wire in harness that is bad.

I'm happy with the service, all works as should and clean, would recommend. I'll update if there's any issue.

I would've ordered warm white led if that's an option

20231021_081530.jpg

20231021_095608.jpg

Last edited:

I'm happy with the service, all works as should and clean, would recommend. I'll update if there's any issue.

I would've ordered warm white led if that's an option

20231021_081530.jpg

20231021_095608.jpg
Cost?

My 05 has lost every stepper motor over the years and I just can't find the time...

Top Back Refresh