What's new

Ginsburg dead..

It worries me when any nominee would be first described by their religion. That will immediately turns any confirmation hearings into the normal abortion discussion quagmire.

It worries me when any nominee would be first described by their religion. That will immediately turns any confirmation hearings into the normal abortion discussion quagmire.

That "question" has come up to all nominees for decades now, regardless of religion.

That "question" has come up to all nominees for decades now, regardless of religion.

Funny, I don't remember anything mentioned about Kagan or Sotomyer's religion. People on this forum didn't know RBG's religion.

Or are you saying it has come up for decades only when its a repubican nomination?

Funny, I don't remember anything mentioned about Kagan or Sotomyer's religion. People on this forum didn't know RBG's religion.

Or are you saying it has come up for decades only when its a repubican nomination?

The GOP likes to throw it around because they're still convinced that believing in an invisible friend is a mark of a good person, but only if it's the same invisible friend they have.

Well, I always ASSumed that with the last name of Ginsberg she was Jewish.

Breyer - Jewish
Ginsberg - Jewish
Kagan - Jewish
Sotomayor - PR Catholic
Alito - Italian Catholic
Roberts - Irish Catholic
Thomas - Catholic (and the only truly middle-class or lower member of the Court, he started out w/o indoor plumbing. The rest are all Elites)
Gorsuch - Irish and German Catholic
Kavanuagh - Irish Catholic school, Irish-Catholic both sides

That's an issue because
  • 1.7% of the US is Jewish, but 33% of SCOTUS is Jewish
  • 23% of the US is Catholic, but 67% of SCOTUS is either outright very Catholic, or at least heavily Catholic in family and/or education
This problem is compounded by these facts:
  • The overall Jewish population of the US is falling in absolute terms, and the only growing segments of Judaism are Ultra-Orthodox/Hasidic Jews. That means that non-Ultra-Orthodox Judaism is falling off a cliff, and from a high of nearly 7 million Jews in the US, the US is now down to 5.9 million, with the loss of OVER 1.1 million non-Hasidic Jews in the last few decades. The US is now the 2nd largest Jewish nation after Israel, and given the growing population of the US, we went from 2% Jewish to 1.7% in about 30 years.
  • Catholics are immigrating in vast numbers via illegal and mass Hispanic immigration, but those immigrants convert at higher percentages than any other demographic. The fastest growing religion among Hispanics is Islam. Catholic power in the US is falling off a cliff, with tens of thousands of diocese closing, schools closing, and church attendance tanking. We are still seeing the glut of Catholic-educated people from before the Charter/Magnet school model, when people who wanted to do good by their kids sent them to Parochial school.
Why is this a problem? Am I a Nazi or Klansman? (the KKK reached its most powerful in the US as an anti-CATHOLIC organization, then anti-Jewish, then anti-Black).

Judaism is very specifically a scholarly religion, and rabbis are Scholars with priestly duties. The link between Judaism and scholarship is well-known.

Catholicism as an educational model is mostly based on the Scholarly tradition of the Catholic church, the Jesuits and the like.

So you have two ancient religions with, which are ancient seats of Scholarship, which have complete influence in SCOTUS without interference from other or schools of thought, ESPECIALLY in the Justice's formative years, among their families and social circles, and among themselves.

That is an issue.

Try reading what I posted again. The "abortion question" has come up in the hearings for decades regardless of religion.
SLOWPOKE693 understood my post.

Try reading what I posted again. The "abortion question" has come up in the hearings for decades regardless of religion.
SLOWPOKE693 understood my post.

and despite Kavanaugh openly stating that he sees no reason to revisit abortion and doesn't support restricting it further when specifically asked, the "left" still blasted around "he's going to take away our abortion rights!"

and despite Kavanaugh openly stating that he sees no reason to revisit abortion and doesn't support restricting it further when specifically asked, the "left" still blasted around "he's going to take away our abortion rights!"

We both know truth and logic have zero place in politics.

Liberalism is a religion, abortion is it's sacrament, And Marx is their savior!

Personally I don't care it's her body she does what she wants, there have been several studies suggesting that it isn't a good thing for their mental and physical health. Plus if she has to have more than one and rape is not the cause she really should go to counseling for the piss poor life decisions she is making

Personally I don't care it's her body she does what she wants, there have been several studies suggesting that it isn't a good thing for their mental and physical health. Plus if she has to have more than one and rape is not the cause she really should go to counseling for the piss poor life decisions she is making

I don't believe in forcing a woman to have a kid just because she got pregnant, but I have a problem with them not making up their mind for months. If your pro choice, make a choice!

Why is it that we can have "common sense" restrictions on guns, but we can't have common sense restrictions on abortion? (Like no 3rd term abortion)

Good eye. I loved his antics (commercials) as a kid:laughing:

Buy a new car for your wife, she will love you all her life! Pussy Cal, Pussy Cal, Pussy Cal! (was actually go see Cal, but at 12 years old the other way was far funnier). :laughing:

Used to watch just to see what animal Spot was that time. The bear looked like it wanted his head for a chew toy.

Buy a new car for your wife, she will love you all her life! Pussy Cal, Pussy Cal, Pussy Cal! (was actually go see Cal, but at 12 years old the other way was far funnier). :laughing:

I always heard it as Pussy Cow, maybe because of the cow in this one I dunno.

I don't believe in forcing a woman to have a kid just because she got pregnant, but I have a problem with them not making up their mind for months. If your pro choice, make a choice!

Why is it that we can have "common sense" restrictions on guns, but we can't have common sense restrictions on abortion? (Like no 3rd term abortion)

Damn it, I agree with waterhead 100%

Top Back Refresh