What's new

Ghislaine Maxwell arrested

Member Number
Loc
OKC
Here I thought she had vanished off the face of the earth ....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53268218

I’ll copy paste text later. I’m on my phone.

Article text---

Jeffrey Epstein ex-girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell arrested by FBI

_108283710_055796018-1.jpg

Image captionJeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell in New York in 2005

British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, an ex-girlfriend of convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, is facing charges in the US after being arrested by the FBI.

She is accused of assisting Epstein's abuse of minors by helping to recruit and groom victims known to be underage.

She was reportedly arrested in New Hampshire and is due in federal court later on Thursday.

Ms Maxwell has previously denied any involvement in or knowledge of Epstein's alleged sexual misconduct.

Epstein died in prison on 10 August as he awaited, without the chance of bail, his trial on sex trafficking charges.

He was arrested last year in New York following allegations that he was running a network of underage girls - some as young as 14 - for sex. His death was determined to be suicide.

What are the charges?

Four of the six charges relate to the years 1994-97 when Ms Maxwell was, according to the indictment, among Epstein's closest associates and also in an "intimate relationship" with him. The other two charges are allegations of perjury in 2016.

The indictment says Ms Maxwell "assisted, facilitated, and contributed to Jeffrey Epstein's abuse of minor girls by, among other things, helping Epstein to recruit, groom and ultimately abuse victims known to Maxwell and Epstein to be under the age of 18".

Specifically, she is charged with:
  • Conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts
  • Enticing a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts
  • Conspiracy to transport minors with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity
  • Transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity
She is accused of grooming multiple minor girls to engage in sex acts with Epstein. She allegedly attempted to befriend them by asking about their lives and families and then she and Epstein built the friendships by taking minor victims to the cinema or shopping.

Having built a rapport, Ms Maxwell would "try to normalise sexual abuse for a minor victim by... discussing sexual topics, undressing in front of the victim, being present when a minor victim was undressed, and/or being present for sex acts involving the minor victim and Epstein".

The perjury counts relate to depositions she gave to a New York court on 22 April and 22 July 2016.

The charge sheet says she "repeatedly lied when questioned about her conduct, including in relation to some of the minor victims".
What is the background?

Allegations against Epstein had dated back years before the parents of a 14-year-old girl said he had molested her in 2005. Under a legal deal, he avoided federal charges and since 2008 was listed as level three on the New York sex offenders register.

But he was arrested again in New York on 6 July 2019 and accused of sex trafficking of underage girls over a number of years.

Some of Epstein's alleged victims have accused Ms Maxwell of bringing them into his circle to be sexually abused by him and his friends.

One told the BBC's Panorama that Ms Maxwell "controlled the girls. She was like the Madam".

Ms Maxwell has denied any wrongdoing.

Earlier this year she sued Epstein's estate seeking reimbursement for legal fees and security costs. She "receives regular threats to her life and safety", court documents in that case said.

Another of Epstein's alleged victims, Virginia Giuffre, has accused Ms Maxwell of recruiting her as a masseuse to the financier at the age of 15.

Details of that allegation against Ms Maxwell emerged in documents unsealed by a US judge last August in a 2015 defamation case but are not part of the charges against Ms Maxwell unveiled in July 2020.

Who is Ghislaine Maxwell?

Ms Maxwell is the daughter of late British media mogul Robert Maxwell.

A well-connected socialite, she is said to have introduced Epstein to many of her wealthy and powerful friends, including Bill Clinton and the Duke of York (who was accused in the 2015 court papers of touching a woman at Jeffrey Epstein's US home, although the court subsequently struck out allegations against the duke).

Buckingham Palace has said that "any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors" by the duke was "categorically untrue".

Ms Maxwell has mostly been out of public view since 2016.

In a BBC interview in 2019, Prince Andrew said he would testify under oath about Epstein

In a BBC interview last year, the Duke of York said he had met Ms Maxwell last year, before Epstein was arrested and charged. However they did not discuss Epstein, he said.

Last month a US prosecutor said Prince Andrew had "sought to falsely portray himself" as eager to co-operate with the inquiry into Epstein.

US attorney Geoffrey Berman said Prince Andrew had "repeatedly declined our request" to schedule an interview.

The duke's lawyers previously rejected claims he had not co-operated, saying he offered to help three times.

Prince Andrew stepped away from royal duties last year.

Last edited:
That **** was in NH?

The Epstein documentary on Netflix was disturbing. Fawk her.

Uncanny coincidence = pedo pimp's henchwoman's name looks to be pronounced "Jizz Lane" :laughing:

Can someone give me the tl;dr of this person? I knew she was connected to the Epstein thing, just not sure how.

Can someone give me the tl;dr of this person? I knew she was connected to the Epstein thing, just not sure how.

she was allegedly the one that went and found girls.

she gonna die soon.

Need to live stream the video out of her cell.

prince Andrew be freaking out.

Top Back Refresh