What's new

Ghetto Tracker

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Loc
Central TX
I like to buy junk and couldn't pass this up.

1991 Geo Tracker with an autotragic. Body is strait and clean except the passenger rear floorplan and driver front have soft/rust. Hail damage and the pass taillight. Frame is mint.

I've had samurai and a plethora of toyota, but never a sidekick. While I dive down the rabbit hole of 15+ y/o forum posts, feel free to spoon feed me.

I need to mend/undo the whitetrash fuckery. Wiring is a mess. A/C compressor is locked up, so no belt for the PS pump. Can I buy a 94+ compressor for 134a? Working ac would be a huge plus.

Will 235/75r15 fit without cutting the fenders?

Any junkyard bolt on improvement/upgrades I should be aware of while I'm replacing parts trying to get it up to spec?

20230825_163900.jpg

Welcome to the addiction. :flipoff2:

What’s your goal with this? Just DD it or mild wheeling?

little bit of both, hopefully it will maintain 60mph.

Apparently the auto came with 4.62, so I need to hunt down some 5.12(?) From a manual.

Otherwise, I need to mend everything. Suspension is shot, so while I'm replacing shocks, I not opposed to a small lift. Just don't want to change it far from what it is. Don't need to find the breaking point, keep it within its limits.

When you are ready to go full retard with it I've got all the parts to make that happen. Those Yota axles and the Shrockworks 3/4 link suspension I pulled off the Tracker I bought several years ago are still in my container. I even have a complete PSC assist kit for it. :grinpimp:

When you are ready to go full retard with it I've got all the parts to make that happen. Those Yota axles and the Shrockworks 3/4 link suspension I pulled off the Tracker I bought several years ago are still in my container. I even have a complete PSC assist kit for it. :grinpimp:

It’s still in your stockpile because you’re meant to build the ultimate Zuk. :flipoff2:

little bit of both, hopefully it will maintain 60mph.

Apparently the auto came with 4.62, so I need to hunt down some 5.12(?) From a manual.

Otherwise, I need to mend everything. Suspension is shot, so while I'm replacing shocks, I not opposed to a small lift. Just don't want to change it far from what it is. Don't need to find the breaking point, keep it within its limits.

Let me know if you need anything. I’ve got quite a few parts laying around, including 2” spring spacers.

Much appreciated, but I'm already full retard on a Jeep, Yota, Scout... list goes on.

I want to bolt some shit together, fab some bumpers/skid, and go full retard on the skinny pedal. Basically treat it like a golf cart :flipoff2:

Let me know if you need anything. I’ve got quite a few parts laying around, including 2” spring spacers.

This only time I've spent underneath, is when powerwashing 30 years of mud and grime away. Rear looks simple. What's with the front coils and struts?

Much appreciated, but I'm already full retard on a Jeep, Yota, Scout... list goes on.

I want to bolt some shit together, fab some bumpers/skid, and go full retard on the skinny pedal. Basically treat it like a golf cart :flipoff2:

This only time I've spent underneath, is when powerwashing 30 years of mud and grime away. Rear looks simple. What's with the front coils and struts?

Pre-coil overs. :flipoff2:

Honestly I don’t know, but they work. I think I grabbed 90’s Ford Thunderbird shocks for my rear, and factory Tracker struts up front from Rock Auto for my lift.

I was running 30” SXS tires on mine with no lift, but they rubbed, a little. :laughing:

I read to much last night, now it's all blurry till I run down it again.

There's zero sidekicks in the junkyards near me, but a dozen or so GV/XL7. I saw some back and forth, most because broke links and such, about swapping thirds. There's an issues with driveshaft style? So I just swap the yoke?

I'd want the steel housing, but something with splines 22->26? But can't see how that would matter as why not just use those stubs with trackick CVs?

Then hagen mods and toyota CVs, which just seems like more hacking for minimal gain.

Upside is the TH180 was used in chevettes... but also V8 rigs in Australia.

There's zero sidekicks in the junkyards near me, but a dozen or so GV/XL7. I saw some back and forth, most because broke links and such, about swapping thirds. There's an issues with driveshaft style? So I just swap the yoke?

I'd want the steel housing, but something with splines 22->26? But can't see how that would matter as why not just use those stubs with trackick CVs?

Then hagen mods and toyota CVs, which just seems like more hacking for minimal gain.

You’re getting way too into this man.

I wheeled with SXS’s with a budget lift, front diff drop bracket, and 3 cylinders. :flipoff2:

Edit: put it in 4 low and hit some trails. All you need is a buddy to help you push it over stuff or out of stuff if you don’t have a winch. You’ll be surprised what these do stock.

Previous owner said he thought it needed a TPS because 'it didn't shift right'.

Found the TV cable chillin' ... but it has no home?

20230827_174712.jpg

3rds will swap in the housing but there is no provision for the upper link mount.

I cant see 4.62 to 5.12 being worth the effort unless they were just laying around. Could go aftermarket 5.38s for a little more gear?

steel housings basically domt exist and most of the info on what they came in is wrong.

I wouldn't bother with that stuff unless you start breaking CVs

Y
It's a sweet little trans

Previous owner said he thought it needed a TPS because 'it didn't shift right'.

Found the TV cable chillin' ... but it has no home?

20230827_174712.jpg

Any chance that was a manual and they swapped in an auto and forgot the throttle body?

Any chance that was a manual and they swapped in an auto and forgot the throttle body?

Half the engine harness has butt connectors, so who fucking knows. No evidence of it ever being manual. Maybe swapped a manual engine in?

Is this like a yota... where I can just put the cable at about 80% and send it?

After multiple rounds of powerwashing and upon further inspection... neither the engine nor transmission are original. Mismatched fasteners, junkyard paint, and orange RTV at every seam... which sucks so it still leaks.

I think some inbred retard had their way with every facet of the vehicle:

20230828_224922.jpg

Engine is 90-100psi across the board. Took me 30 mins going 1/4 turn back and forth trying to ease the #2 plug out... took some thread with it, but it seems OK.

20230828_223606.jpg

Lots of unfucking to do. But it does start and idle at 2k :homer:

I actually have a 1995 throttle body for an auto I could trade you. When I pull the engine it’s getting a 1996 exhaust/manifold top to match all the vacuum connections on my 96’ firewall.

I got a buddy with a trackkick junkyard. Whatchu need mang?

I actually have a 1995 throttle body for an auto I could trade you. When I pull the engine it’s getting a 1996 exhaust/manifold top to match all the vacuum connections on my 96’ firewall.

Might take you up on that

I got a buddy with a trackkick junkyard. Whatchu need mang?

The everything :laughing:

Debating on pulling the deivetrain to reseal and double check the fuckery.

Might take you up on that

The everything :laughing:

Debating on pulling the deivetrain to reseal and double check the fuckery.
If you wind up needing a TB or other stupid shit I believe theres a couple mostly complete autos there.

Top Back Refresh