Polish_20210907_070951750.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
  • Polish_20210907_071019935.png
    Polish_20210907_071019935.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 223
  • Polish_20210907_071047092.png
    Polish_20210907_071047092.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
Local fb marketplace. Dudes selling his "mega truck" with " 1/4 elliptical " rear suspension... Gets worse the more you look.

Yikes.
I’m going to ignore the stacked spacers, stacked blocks, sketchy brakes, and booger welds and guess they don’t fully grasp the concept of 1/4 elliptical…

I saw this but can not figure out what in the fuck they did to it.

Looks like the cut all the body mounts off and moved them around + up. I could kind of get the arguement to avoid body lift but they didnt go straight up.

Edit: i get it now. Thats a older chassis. Derp

werd, almost like they moved the cab backward for tire clearance, but the radiator would certainly be a clearance issue with how packed the engine bays are on them

Looks like the cut all the body mounts off and moved them around + up. I could kind of get the arguement to avoid body lift but they didnt go straight up.

Edit: i get it now. Thats a older chassis. Derp
Yup. Missed this pic.

F69A0DAE-363A-4319-9362-C064CB4613B2.jpeg

Oh wow! That's in Georgetown, TX. I've seen it from a distance, driving by. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but the red bumper stood out. What a piece of shit!

Oh wow! That's in Georgetown, TX. I've seen it from a distance, driving by. Didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but the red bumper stood out. What a piece of shit!
Ha, for some reason I just figured it was in Houston. I’m curious what situation allowed them to get a nice newer body for that swap.

No kidding, what's a 2017' platinum F250 body go for? Probably more than an entire 99-04 truck of almost any configuration :laughing:
Just looked up a 15 F150 crew cab as I already had it up on car-part and they are around $1500-$2500 near me, which is way less than I would have thought.

Just looked up a 15 F150 crew cab as I already had it up on car-part and they are around $1500-$2500 near me, which is way less than I would have thought.
Just the cab? I'd bet the interior alone would go for more than that. Then you add doors, hood, fenders, grille, bed, ect.

I've seen guys ask $1000 for just a tailgate :laughing:

Just the cab? I'd bet the interior alone would go for more than that. Then you add doors, hood, fenders, grille, bed, ect.

I've seen guys ask $1000 for just a tailgate :laughing:

I just punched in crew cab w/o sunroof. Went back and looked up the doors and the same places have them listed for $1k each. Seems the bare cab is the cheap part :laughing:

I just punched in crew cab w/o sunroof. Went back and looked up the doors and the same places have them listed for $1k each. Seems the bare cab is the cheap part :laughing:
Right, because no one is buying them. You crunch a corner, you replace the corener, you flip it and smash the roof, it's totalled. All the other parts on the other hand are the opposite. Smush a door good and it's easier to just replace. Hood, fenders, door, ect.

I'm also curious what happened to the truck to warrant the complete body being sold? Even a complete engine failure wouldn't total a $60k+ truck

Right, because no one is buying them. You crunch a corner, you replace the corener, you flip it and smash the roof, it's totalled. All the other parts on the other hand are the opposite. Smush a door good and it's easier to just replace. Hood, fenders, door, ect.

I'm also curious what happened to the truck to warrant the complete body being sold? Even a complete engine failure wouldn't total a $60k+ truck
Flood?

Aaron Z

Here is one: 2020 Ford Truck F450 Super Duty Cab Shell Assembly#1
2020 F450, looks like it got scraped down to bare metal on one side, says new take off, not sure why you would have a new takeoff unless it got damaged in transit and someone bought it cheap for a RV chassis, or perhaps it got scraped on the car carrier and Ford had them pay for a new cab and front clip?

Here is a 2020 F150 cab that ran unto something pretty hard: 2020 Ford Truck F150 Cab Shell Assembly-Stock%23 BB1803#1

Aaron Z

Yes, why?
Nice new truck but not 4x,

hey jimmybob joe, i gots me an idear!

Whats that lukebueax?

I gots this here 4x4 that billyjack flopped in dat der mud comp over in that there wash bottom last chear. Lets put yer body on its.

Welp, all the talkins done, lets getter done

For 1 the 4wd know is in like 3 of the pics :flipoff2:

2, I don't think cousin fuckers are buying $70k diesels

3, I think even a real inbred retard would try to put the front axle in first then never get around to addressing the tcase.

4, this has already gone on too long, I'll stop :flipoff2:

Someone probably drove it into the back of something or into the back of it at 50mph and it's totaled because the first/last 18" of the vehicle are a pancake but the cab is fine.

Someone probably drove it into the back of something or into the back of it at 50mph and it's totaled because the first/last 18" of the vehicle are a pancake but the cab is fine.
Did you look at the pics? It looks pretty straight to me. I guess it's possible they fixed the front end or grabbed a different bed, but sure looks like they got a complete body off one truck.

Top Back Refresh