What's new

Getting ready for this weekends shit show

nahmus

Refugee from syrup
Member Number
Loc
East Coast
I live at the jersey shore. With the NYC beaches saying they will be closed (now I hear they will be open) and the summer leases starting this weekend it should be fun to watch what happens. Some local towns around me have enacted "residents only" parking within 5 blocks of the beach. Some beaches are only letting season beach badge holders on. No day passes and NONE of the bars are open. I have already seen a bunch of NY plates in town. It should be interesting to see what the jersey shore will be with limited beaches and no bars.

Season 77 of “jersey Shore MTV” quarantine edition

I'ts been pretty cloudy here so far so thats keeping the crowds down. lots of people walking the boards and the beach. probably 90% wearing masks. lots of little house parties going on. so far not bad

Passes to get to the beach ??

Oh its even worse than than.

in OCNJ it came out that the businesses on the boardwalk actually own the beach to the hide tide mark, YET the OCNJ city charges a beach tag to get onto the beach. onto that private property.

edit:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/new-je...-20190618.html

So Frenchy’s may have the legal right to do whatever it wants on what is arguably Ocean City’s premier public beach, adjacent to the Music Pier. The company’s building runs along the Boardwalk from Moorlyn Terrace to A Place on Earth a few doors down.

But that brings up another question. Why are the Jardels and families like them paying $25 per person for a season tag for a beach owned not by Ocean City, but by a french fry company? Courts and legislation have upheld the public’s beach access rights.

The City of Ocean City, besieged by complaints about Frenchy’s, has said it would not counter Frenchy’s claims to the sand.

“The business appears to be operating within its riparian rights,” Ocean City public information officer Doug Bergen said Monday. “The mayor will not have any further comment on the issue at this time.”

Last edited:
You guys from the Northeast would be floored by the amount of free things you can do in Texas. I moved here 4yrs ago from RI for my job and don't think I'll ever go back. Everything you can't do up there is pretty much free and encouraged here. Its fucking awesome! :flipoff2:

There is nothing like going to the beach with all you stuff and two dogs packed in the Jeep and being able to just drive along until you find an open spot in the sand and park. Dogs on the beach...No problem... Cars 4x4's, SxS and dirtbikes on the beach... No problem... Camp and have a fire on the beach... No problem. The list goes on... :smokin:

Picture from yesterday
Click image for larger version  Name:	20200521_134348.jpg Views:	0 Size:	332.6 KB ID:	11086

You guys from the Northeast would be floored by the amount of free things you can do in Texas. I moved here 4yrs ago from RI for my job and don't think I'll ever go back. Everything you can't do up there is pretty much free and encouraged here. Its fucking awesome! :flipoff2:

There is nothing like going to the beach with all you stuff and two dogs packed in the Jeep and being able to just drive along until you find an open spot in the sand and park. Dogs on the beach...No problem... Cars 4x4's, SxS and dirtbikes on the beach... No problem... Camp and have a fire on the beach... No problem. The list goes on... :smokin:

Picture from yesterday
filedata/fetch?id=11086&d=1590213289

When I moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona I felt like that for sure.

You guys from the Northeast would be floored by the amount of free things you can do in Texas. I moved here 4yrs ago from RI for my job and don't think I'll ever go back. Everything you can't do up there is pretty much free and encouraged here. Its fucking awes is pretty much free and encouraged here. Its fucking awesome! :flipoff2:

you... stfu. Texas is an awful, awful place. No one from the northeast (which is amazing) and California (much better as you can ski and surf in the same day) should ever think about visiting Texas. Much less move there.

I never thought about that. I figured it was like using the forests

TL/DR; The jersey shore is absolute proof that Yankees can fawk up anything & everything.

I was aghast as a lifelong southerner when I went to the jersey shore for the first time at age 22; you have to pay a cover charge of like $10/day to get on the beach, (iirc the annual passes are north of $100) And they check your cooler for beer/ booze. ( BYO is not allowed- you gotta buy it from the bar on the boardwalk), and some asshole will wake you up from a nap to check your badge (safety pinned dog tag) or wristband.

And the the waters ice cold, and there's rock jetties every 200 yds that you can't swim within 50 yds of, so there's 100yds of available water for 200 yds of beach so people are pretty much on top of one another in the water.

In summation- it's pretty much the worst beach going experience imaginable.

Top Back Refresh