What's new

Gay helmet wearing bike guys.

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Just picked up a Trek Domane for cheap. All carbon beauty.

Seat for a fat ass, pedals getting swapped out tomorrow but a nice bike.

I am going to swap out the tires and go tubeless while I am there. I can use the stock rims for that yeah?

20200927_212314.jpg

20200927_212252.jpg

20200927_212239.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up a Trek Domane for cheap. All carbon beauty.

I am going to swap out the tires and go tubeless while I am there. I can use the stock rims for that yeah?

Usually you can run some tape around the inside of the rim to help seal the spokes. Having said that I run tubes because I don’t want to fill the tires every time I ride.

Did you ask your husband what he used on his bike?
:flipoff2:

in all seriousness, I know nothing about bikes. I'm assuming that's a nice one.

I know, cool post bruh

Nice bike, I need to get back on mine now that I can actually ride again. I’ll have to hit you up to ride when I get back into shape.

Flat pedals win medals! But seriously, WTF?! Did you put that seat on there just to piss people off? Cause it's working! :flipoff2:

Seriously, go to your local Specialized bike store, sir on the ass-o-meter and have them give you a proper saddle. Also take that sweet ass bike in so they can deal with mounting it.

​​​​​​

Ok... a couple of things.

Yes, apparently those wheels are tubeless ready, but why do you feel the need to switch? You would need more than just "tape" to seal it, but if you wanted to go that route, the local bike shop guys can help... but I do not see the need, honestly. If you keep the tires at 100 psi or so you will not have any worries about pinchflats. Punctures happen sometimes. Learn how to pay attention to the road and avoid driving through shattered bottle and such.

That saddle is a joke and you should not use something that big. They have seats set up for larger people that are profiled correctly so you do not wear through the inside of your leg on the first ride. If you are truly that heavy, carbon frame was probably not a smart choice.

That is a nice bike for sure, though! Keep riding wear the proper gear to protect your taint.

I worked in a bike shop for 13 years, so I have seen a lot of things as far a bikes are concerned. I have seen the "beach cruiser saddle on a road bike" types and have corrected that mentality. I have also watched 400lb dudes transform into 200lb powerhouses by cycling. It is a great low-impact exercise.

Invest in clipless shoes/pedals. It is far more beneficial to use them than it is to fear falling over when you come to a stop. I have raced clipless pedals on MTB and BMX... if you are about to crash, you can unclip easily. It only takes like 10 degrees of rotation.

Most importantly... you have the right to use the whole lane (at least in this state) as you are considered a vehicle... but do not do it just to do it. If you have a shoulder, use it. Don't give us a bad name :rolleyes::flipoff2:

^all of that. However I have my tires on my MTB set up tubeless and would never go back to tubes. YMMV, I'm also not a spandex clad roadie :flipoff2:

^all of that. However I have my tires on my MTB set up tubeless and would never go back to tubes. YMMV, I'm also not a spandex clad roadie :flipoff2:

If it has 2 wheels, I ride it haha. Spandex, board shorts, whatever. I do not discriminate :flipoff2:

As stated above, rim tape and sealant...buy why? Throw a tube, a tire lever, and a co2 cartridge in your bike bag and forget about it! When the time comes, you have the tools to fix the issue.

I love riding bikes and this year my road bike has more miles than my car.....fuck the guys that take the entire lane and dont move, especially when its not needed.

Have fun riding!

As stated above, rim tape and sealant...buy why? Throw a tube, a tire lever, and a co2 cartridge in your bike bag and forget about it! When the time comes, you have the tools to fix the issue.

I love riding bikes and this year my road bike has more miles than my car.....fuck the guys that take the entire lane and dont move, especially when its not needed.

Have fun riding!

On a MTB you can run lower pressures, it's lighter, the flats self seal, and you just don't get flats as often. Its a 100% win for that application, I just carry a pump and some plugs. Only had to use them once in the last 3 or so years.

no helmet you need the old school weird hat that kinda looks like a welding cap

On a MTB you can run lower pressures, it's lighter, the flats self seal, and you just don't get flats as often. Its a 100% win for that application, I just carry a pump and some plugs. Only had to use them once in the last 3 or so years.

Sorry about that :p Should have specified. For road biking I dont see the point. My gravel bike though...same as you. I run tubeless for the soft squishy feel!

I bet that seat weights more than the rest of the bike

[486 said:
;n145556]we're gonna need spandex pics

Why are you so fixated on that? :rolleyes::laughing:

I think I got over my aversion to wearing the biking shorts after the first ride without them haha. Believe me, they serve much more purpose than making a "fashion statement".

How much did you have to pay to register that for the road?

Probably the same amount that I paid for my SxS, tractor, ATV, log splitter, wood chipper and about a dozen other engines driven by taxed road fuel that will never see the road.:flipoff2:

OP,
Make sure you wear your mask while riding, you don't want to get hit by a car and die of Covid.

Probably the same amount that I paid for my SxS, tractor, ATV, log splitter, wood chipper and about a dozen other engines driven by taxed road fuel that will never see the road.:flipoff2:

OP,
Make sure you wear your mask while riding, you don't want to get hit by a car and die of Covid.

You joke about this but I see people doing it locally. I had one lady clutch her mask to her face as I rode by (mind you, 19+mph) like I was threatening to spit a loogie into her mouth. The stupid is strong out there. :rolleyes:

Nice bike, I need to get back on mine now that I can actually ride again. I’ll have to hit you up to ride when I get back into shape.

Yep, anytime. Hopefully one day I can make it as far as your place without dying on the road or trailering an O2 bottle

For a road bike .... I'd just keep a spare tube and a patch kit. If the rim is tubeless ready .... shouldn't need tape or anything to get you moving. Just the sealant.

I like clipless on the road and (most times) on the Mtn Bike. Every so often, I think about large platforms for the mtn bike --- but have yet to pull the trigger. My best "clip" flop was when climbing a hill next to a guard rail Came to a stop to put my foot on the rail as a rest. Instead ... I couldn't unclip fast enough and literally rolled my back over the guard rail while still clipped to bike. So ... my back is on the rail and i'm still attached to the bike and the wheels are in the air. And over I go .... :lmao:

Seat wise ... try something like those Phallic shaped ones. If the riding doesn't make you sweat .... the seat will. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh