What's new

Gauging interest in a build thread: T1N Model Sprinter into Rental Adventure/Camper Van

DRTDEVL

Mothfukle
Member Number
Loc
Austin... TX? Nope. Minnesota!
As the title says. Should I organize my thoughts and build as it has progressed to this point for a build thread? It won't be anything super-technical, just the acquisition of a rusty, dented commercial van for $700, the rehab if it's mechanicals, the body work, the Mercedes badge/grille conversion, and the basic, yet bulletproof interior build that should be able to withstand renters who won't necessarily be the kindest to the equipment.

I can take a little free time in the coming days to gather everything up and begin the process of laying out the progress to-date, photographs, and catching everyone up. I hope to be complete before Memorial Day Weekend and hopefully have either taken a shake-down run in it and have renters generating income, or just take it ourselves for the first time by then.

A buddy just finished his build of an AWD Astro Van into a Camper van and has started taking it all over the US. His interior is all built from 1/2" baltic birch plywood to be strong and lightweight. Everywhere he goes, people want to check it out. He is considering doing build-outs for people that want something similar.

Lets see your build!

Do what you want, not much traffic in the "Other Builds" sub is all.
I'll tune in via my subscription link.

Top Back Refresh