What's new

Gas Prices

How'd you end up looking at a 100k system? What are you doing for hvac?
Thats for 25 poles to get from nearest power to the building site. I eventually want to turn it into either a event venue or rental cabins or a combo of both so probably looking at 400 amp service minimum. Its a 100 acres in a national forest that needs everything doesn't even have an address, was part if a larger 1k acre parcel that got cut up. I could also do a generator but I would perfer not to, its a work in progress, going to be a big expense and a ton of work. Plan is to hopefully be clearing 100k a year when I'm done.

Filled up yesterday, $3.91 a gal for 87 octane.
My work commute doubled since early September.
Takes about $68 or so weekly to keep F250 on the road (typically 17 gallons per fill up) - never let it get too low.

Diesel here has already surpassed $4 a gallon last I looked.

$3.65 for 87 yesterday, but Shell gives you 5cents off a gallon for agreeing to get text messages and accepts literally any string of numbers so it was $3.60.

Not with that attitude.
I don’t know how they sign and pay that fuel bill every month. There’s around 1,000 work trucks in the fleet driving every day. 1/4 them are F450/F550 service truck beds with cranes on them weighing around 20,000 pounds.

We had been around $3.03-3.05/gal for 87 over the past week. It dipped to $2.99 yesterday. Haven’t paid attention to diesel prices.

JFC....you even quoted me saying "it's not an overnight solution", and still are ignoring it. I'm not "falling back on" jack shit..I never made the argument that it's available right now to begin with. :shaking:

Edit...my bad, several people that insist on cherry picking sound bites. I didn't realize I was in the CNN section here...:lmao:

You must struggle with the english language.

"plenty of cheap options" is a statement w/o a qualifier.

Either exist or they don't

coming back with "I didn't mean they'd be cheap right now" is just dumb.

I don't think you can have cheap green energy unless its nuclear and thats never going to happen because omg the children. I would say more people and business would rather have cheap good stuff than 'environmentally conscious' stuff.
exactly.
the only way to make green energy competitive is to make fossil fuel energy cost more.

$3.35 in MD for 87
$3.59 in PA for 87

About 80 to fill the truck. Thinking about a Tesla

4.79 this morning for 87oct. Pump stopped at $100 before the 36gal tank was full. I didn't feel like running the card again.

Let’s go Brandon

Attachments

• 2DBCBD41-D2CB-4C62-A272-0E88ED60B8D6.jpeg
    2DBCBD41-D2CB-4C62-A272-0E88ED60B8D6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
As if gas prices weren't going up already

Biden Admin Weighing Shutting Down Oil Pipeline In Michigan As Gas Prices Skyrocket Across U.S.: Report​

By Ryan Saavedra

Nov 5, 2021 DailyWire.com
Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration is reportedly gathering data on an oil pipeline in Michigan to determine if shutting it down would further increase fuel prices in the region.

“Revoking the permits for the [Line 5] pipeline that delivers oil from western Canada across Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and Michigan and into Ontario, would please environmentalists who have urged the White House to block fossil fuel infrastructure, but it would aggravate a rift with Canada and could exacerbate a spike in energy prices that Republicans are already using as a political weapon,” Politico Pro reported. “Killing a pipeline while U.S. gasoline prices are the highest in years could be political poison for Biden, who has seen his approval rating crash in recent months.”

The administration has not yet made a decision about the pipeline, which comes after the Canadian government invoked an old international treaty to stop the state of Michigan from shutting down the pipeline.

Sources told Politico Pro that the gathering of information on how shutting down the pipeline could impact fuel prices was only to give the Biden administration a clearer picture of the situation.

The move comes as the administration is facing backlash from far-left environmental groups that have watched as Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has stymied their leftist climate agenda.
Politico Pro added:

Industry and environmental groups have argued over the impact that shutting down the pipeline would have on the region. Line 5 carries crude oil to a number of refineries in the area, both in the United States and Canada, and its owner, pipeline operator Enbridge, estimates it is responsible for supplying more than half the propane used for heating in northern Michigan. Prices for propane in Michigan have surged by 50 percent from a year ago, according to U.S. government statistics.
In contrast to the never-completed Keystone XL pipeline project, Line 5 has been operating since the 1950s and is a major energy supplier to Michigan and the region.
Bank of America warned this week that gas prices could go significantly higher than they currently are. Americans are now paying approximately $3.41 per gallon across the U.S. for regular and just over $4 per gallon for premium.

“Bank of America is now predicting that Brent crude oil, which drives gas prices, will zoom to $120 a barrel by June 2022,” CNN reported. “That’s 45% higher than current levels.”

Francisco Blanch, Bank of America’s head of global commodities, spoke with CNN about the prediction, noting that back in June he predicted that the price of crude oil would shoot to $100 a barrel.

“It’s very easy for prices to shoot up when demand conditions are tight like they are now,” Blanch said. “Back [in June], people thought we were crazy. Now, here we are. We are generally still quite bullish.”

With the $15 dollar an hour minimum wage the dems can easily afford $6 dollar gas and $1500 a month apartments working part time right?

As if gas prices weren't going up already

Biden Admin Weighing Shutting Down Oil Pipeline In Michigan As Gas Prices Skyrocket Across U.S.: Report​

By Ryan Saavedra

Nov 5, 2021 DailyWire.com
Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration is reportedly gathering data on an oil pipeline in Michigan to determine if shutting it down would further increase fuel prices in the region.

“Revoking the permits for the [Line 5] pipeline that delivers oil from western Canada across Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and Michigan and into Ontario, would please environmentalists who have urged the White House to block fossil fuel infrastructure, but it would aggravate a rift with Canada and could exacerbate a spike in energy prices that Republicans are already using as a political weapon,” Politico Pro reported. “Killing a pipeline while U.S. gasoline prices are the highest in years could be political poison for Biden, who has seen his approval rating crash in recent months.”

The administration has not yet made a decision about the pipeline, which comes after the Canadian government invoked an old international treaty to stop the state of Michigan from shutting down the pipeline.

Sources told Politico Pro that the gathering of information on how shutting down the pipeline could impact fuel prices was only to give the Biden administration a clearer picture of the situation.

The move comes as the administration is facing backlash from far-left environmental groups that have watched as Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has stymied their leftist climate agenda.
Politico Pro added:

Bank of America warned this week that gas prices could go significantly higher than they currently are. Americans are now paying approximately $3.41 per gallon across the U.S. for regular and just over $4 per gallon for premium.

“Bank of America is now predicting that Brent crude oil, which drives gas prices, will zoom to $120 a barrel by June 2022,” CNN reported. “That’s 45% higher than current levels.”

Francisco Blanch, Bank of America’s head of global commodities, spoke with CNN about the prediction, noting that back in June he predicted that the price of crude oil would shoot to $100 a barrel.

“It’s very easy for prices to shoot up when demand conditions are tight like they are now,” Blanch said. “Back [in June], people thought we were crazy. Now, here we are. We are generally still quite bullish.”
yeah, it's such a great risk to the great lakes that protestors decided going and fucking with it was a great idea.
let me just turn these valves.

CALGARY, Alberta, Oct 20 (Reuters) - Enbridge Inc (ENB.TO) shut down its Line 5 oil pipeline for several hours on Tuesday after protesters trespassed onto a facility in Michigan and tampered with the pipeline, an Enbridge spokesman said on Wednesday.

Line 5 is at the centre of a long-running environmental dispute between Calgary-based Enbridge and the state of Michigan that has embroiled the Canadian and U.S. governments. read more

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer ordered the company to stop operating the pipeline by May because of concerns a section running underwater in the Straits of Mackinac could leak into the Great Lakes. Enbridge ignored that order and the two sides are embroiled in a legal battle over Line 5's fate.

Earlier this month the Canadian government, which backs Enbridge, escalated the dispute by invoking a decades-old pipeline treaty with the United States to trigger negotiations with Washington.

Line 5 ships around 540,000 barrels per day of crude and refined products from Superior, Wisconsin, to Sarnia, Ontario. Enbridge spokesman Ryan Duffy said the line was back up and running and the company did not anticipate any impact on deliveries to customers.

Environmental campaigners said a protester had turned a safety valve on the pipeline.

"The water protector called Enbridge so that they could safely halt the flow of oil before reading a statement and turning the valve to halt the operation of the pipeline," said an emailed statement from the Resist Line 3 Media Collective, which is also opposed to Enbridge's Line 3 pipeline.

Whitmer has previously said Line 5 poses an "unacceptable risk" to the people of Michigan, and that an oil spill in the Great Lakes would be catastrophic.

Line 5 is a key part of Enbridge Mainline network, which delivers around 3 million barrels per day of western Canadian crude to refineries in the United States and eastern Canada.

Duffy said Enbridge would seek the prosecution of all those involved in Tuesday's protest.

"The actions taken to unlawfully trespass on our facility in Michigan and attempt to tamper with energy infrastructure was reckless and dangerous," Duffy said.

Enbridge shares were flat at C$53.09 on the Toronto Stock Exchange

I don't understand what the hardon is for pipelines from the environmentalists, other than they know it greatly reduces the cost of fuel transport.
it's safer than rail transport for sure, and that's how we're gonna fucking do it if there's no pipeline. Demand doesn't change.

yeah, it's such a great risk to the great lakes that protestors decided going and fucking with it was a great idea.
let me just turn these valves.

I don't understand what the hardon is for pipelines from the environmentalists, other than they know it greatly reduces the cost of fuel transport.
it's safer than rail transport for sure, and that's how we're gonna fucking do it if there's no pipeline. Demand doesn't change.
I wonder how much of this shit it sponsored by Buffet and his ilk. When pipelines get shut down it gets shipped by rail. Who owns the rail line?? Mr Buffet owns a RR does he not?

Warren Buffet owns a large percentage of equity in those rail lines as well, hence why he’s always so out spoken on pipelines. I think it’s odd when people hate billionaires but put Buffet up on a pillar as if he’s just an ordinary guy who wants what’s best for us
Good start, but you missed the 58 million Buffet donated to Joe. He must have given him a few more mil recently. Its all about Greed and his future grand grand grand kids being rich and in power at this point.

Just filled my truck. Guess we're back to $100 fill ups. :barf:
you've got a big tank
wish I had better than the couple 20s that '93 F350s came with
sadly used superduty longbox tanks never seem to be for sale around here

you've got a big tank
wish I had better than the couple 20s that '93 F350s came with
sadly used superduty longbox tanks never seem to be for sale around here

They used to be twin 15s in the late 80s, did Ford realize how fkg stupid that was and go with 20s ?

They used to be twin 15s in the late 80s, did Ford realize how fkg stupid that was and go with 20s ?
shortbox people problems
well the rear tank with the spare tire under it was on most of them

also the rear tank on the cab and chassis trucks is odd, probably because you can't fit a spare tire inside the narrow framerails

Top Back Refresh