What's new

Fuel Tank Relocate

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Going to be working with a 92 excab frame and relocate the fuel tank.

Was it the rear tank from a 90's F150 that was the one people were using?

I found this one on Amazon for pretty cheap but wanted to make sure that was the popular choice before I ordered? I am pretty sure the fuel gauge will read backwards if I remember correctly, but I will probably just install a gauge to read the Ford sender and relocate it, or make the Toyota sender work:homer:

https://www.amazon.com/Spectra-Premi.../dp/B000C7S1WK

That'll work but a van tank from an early 80s e100 is pretty perfect. On my 89 x cab I turned the stock tank sideways behind the axle. The steel lines are easy to lengthen, just use 5/16 compression fittings and brake line. Once you carefully remove the factory paint from the line the fittings will hold pressure.

You have a picture of your stock tank relocated to between the frame rails in the rear?

Seems like it would hand down too far.

That would be the ticket then since the gauge issue is solved of course.

Whats the advantage of doing that? Doesnt hang as low as the stock yota tank? I put an LS in a 92 yota truck and now im researching what to do about the stock in-tank fuel pump since Im using the walbro in line pump. I just took the tank out yesterday. This tank looks like it would interfere with rear shocks or do you put it in front of the rear end? What capacity is that ford tank?

Top Back Refresh