What's new

Fuck vans

Fredycruger

Today
Member Number
Loc
MA
working on 06 chevy express van with duramax engine

i replace alternator and ac compressor (both seized from sitting):mad3: what a pain in the ass but its done
had check engine light on for fuel pressure rail too low
installed air dog lift pump and new relief valve and the code went away (actually found pinched fuel line at the tank while installing new lines so that might have been the issue)

now
theres code for IAT sensor 2 high voltage , i have new sensor but WTF its under the turbo manifold and i cant get to the fucking thing from front of back

wtf do i do ?lift cab to replace the sensor or what is the procedure to do it in the van ?

do i rip out the exhaust and turbo to get to it,
or remove windshield and cut hole in dash ?LOL

anybody worked on van with duramax that have some insight

thanks

oh yeah
fuck this piece of shit :mr-t::homer::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

ASCIOtM.gif - Click image for larger version  Name:	ASCIOtM.gif Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	18826

Being the hipster you are, I was thinking this was about you being mad at your shoes. You are actually pissed at gm/isuzu. Neighbor down the road just bought a duramax school bus/ van that I expect to be turned into rolling raping & vaping cave.

fuck gm van mobiles.

Service book says to remove the air intake pipe, unplug the sensor, and then swap it out. Easy peasy.

That said, I haven't put hands on it to know if it's full of crap or not; just looked up in the service manual.

I've always hated vans, but there seems to be a bunch of guys who love them on here. I guess as long as you're working on the very front or very back, you're good. :confused:

vans are fucking awesome!

had mine for 10yrs, longest i've ever owned a vehicle. 98 e350 psd. 240k on it just put a new tranny in it, but other than that have only done oil changes as far as maintenance. doesn't leak a drop of oil. did bigger axle shafts, a locker and a small lift.

edit* i lied, i have also done the turbo up pipes, a glow plug relay, and put a big air filter on it. still the most reliable, and easiest to work on rig i've ever had.

View attachment jMjZCLFPNcNg7Zi3WzLIwGnB_1mBdao8Ek95cqEqXfQq96gNkObH_UGzwamWspxSOIVJl03RIk1xJm69GpdvBtGx9mFXf1RwNhnE View attachment -yVB7qstkD0WvIkT_U9cDeM0FNGZ-g4AbhBxKsPrt2qP073ycEzCcNpeF3EhMcL1P0PJOJu9dEL6OpQhmrGeu9eUgaaYRj9L9Gj8

Last edited:
Love my E350 til I have to work on it. Seem to forget I hate working on vans once a decade.

ive tried service bed, flat bed, stock bed w/boxes and bedslide. vans best. i like it all out in the open, cant tell how many time i've 'lost' crap to find it in another box. the flat bed was a close second, in large part because i was able to fit 18" deep boxes on it, i still keep it around for material runs and such. hated the service body, heavy, boxes not big enough to hold some thing, bed was a joke to small for anything, it was a srw body but i'm not a fan of duallys.

hell i'm trying to get my wife a van, but she wont give up her suburban.
View attachment WSvqAW0Wfo-updRbYI_xZn0iOtXDQhj6xF_tXROfcTmwCJnItTqICCBV-PZLYUHkCHOE9b6Cc8xAHWIATvAao5V0bt2G2qIcpTP8
View attachment 0UGHJxxiQSPtzjC_w6jLn7YQJQXmYTeCIfdlHu_2MT1n-vv3_pFvBzoxwZgT9Va2Sdc0PQDos0HVh_dze6SsscXqBViatXTCLAgW View attachment ghKQCEnXc8zLOGwuRWW6-KU-GQiro0jyvkbCq011TE9ywoETgYya6trtfEVUvL6GEpk-b1OGuAsZ_Rp1gWB_G4qcuAc7xpffMEDA View attachment H-b0L4pxLJAlBq6it5qXAsV9jkaZL1ZZBEhVE8rQrTPcwe0TC_ffKCYofXal8CM2NgadhKWq8kosZCQp9gmZTeUvhleRaIjj-p1z

Attachments

• WSvqAW0Wfo-updRbYI_xZn0iOtXDQhj6xF_tXROfcTmwCJnItTqICCBV-PZLYUHkCHOE9b6Cc8xAHWIATvAao5V0bt2G2qIcpTP8
    359.3 KB · Views: 32
Sorry I'm of no help to the OP. But to satisfy those who came here looking to see a "Fuck Van" Here's mine.
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	19073
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1660.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	19074
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1446.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.2 KB ID:	19071
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2330.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.2 KB ID:	19073

Last edited:
ive tried service bed, flat bed, stock bed w/boxes and bedslide. vans best. i like it all out in the open, cant tell how many time i've 'lost' crap to find it in another box. the flat bed was a close second, in large part because i was able to fit 18" deep boxes on it, i still keep it around for material runs and such. hated the service body, heavy, boxes not big enough to hold some thing, bed was a joke to small for anything, it was a srw body but i'm not a fan of duallys.

I will give you that srw boxes are next to useless for everyday use.

filedata/fetch?id=18970&d=1590780106
filedata/fetch?id=18966&d=1590779627 filedata/fetch?id=18967&d=1590779844 filedata/fetch?id=18968&d=1590779879

The first pic looks like a giant vacuum attachment.

The first pic looks like a giant vacuum attachment.

haha, it does. its a jet engine. this was a job for the local quarry, they are also the states biggest asphalt contractor, the mechanic there told me they use it to dry the surface before asphalting. though i've never seen it is use, just fixed the trailer it rides on.

Not enough roof height for enthusiastic cowgirl?

Haha Definitely not enough inside. That's why I added the cedar deck on the roof. I just have to be careful not to get splinters in my ass. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Ya, there great, why have everything organized in multiple boxes on a service bed when you can pile it all into one space with only 2 doors for access. :flipoff2:

Some people don't like driving a magnet for tool stealing addicts and DOT vultures

Top Back Refresh