What's new

Fuck Ford (F550 rant)

I’m a die hard cummins guy, but I’ve realized that they’re all the same at this point and it’s the luck of the draw.
I need a new truck for work, but guess I’ll wait till market tanks and can get one cheap enough to justify doing a cp3 conversion on a brand new truck and voiding the warranty.
wasn't it you that had the white first gen truck with the boggers on the back and a huge fuckoff ladder rack? That thing looked way nice.

california smog making you stop driving it or what?

Ford and their Double size Low beams can kiss my ass. Frickin Assholes. All the shitheads that run factory foglights all the time probably trade them in or sell them before the lights crap out or when they do. Anymore whenever someones lights bother me I just hi beam them . /rant off

[486 said:
;n216954]
wasn't it you that had the white first gen truck with the boggers on the back and a huge fuckoff ladder rack? That thing looked way nice.

california smog making you stop driving it or what?

Not I. Rockyota83 is who you’re thinking of.

UPDATE:

Truck was back in service for 2 trips and now the front pinion bearing went. Ferd says Dec 14th for an expected repair date as there are 0 parts available for this. We called the local Dana/ Spicer dealer and they advised it's a Ford only part.

THIS THING IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT KNOWN TO MAN.

Fuck you ford :mad3:

Does your state have lemon laws or other actions you can take to force the dealer to buy back the truck?

Does your state have lemon laws or other actions you can take to force the dealer to buy back the truck?

They do, but the truck has +/- 100k miles so it doesn't qualify. Also have about $24,000 in the custom deck (as well as the PTO and a Palfinger picker) and cost to R&R those would put us out big money

UPDATE:

Truck was back in service for 2 trips and now the front pinion bearing went. Ferd says Dec 14th for an expected repair date as there are 0 parts available for this. We called the local Dana/ Spicer dealer and they advised it's a Ford only part.

THIS THING IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT KNOWN TO MAN.

Fuck you ford :mad3:

I wouldn't blame ford for the parts shortage - blame the gov't shut downs of businesses in the supply chain.

Some engineer made that choice...

How is a super 60 bearing, manufactured by Dana/spicer, a ford only part?

If ford has one thing going for them against the competition. It's the rolling chassis.

I assumed he meant the pinion was special... Don't Timken/Koyo/etc make bearings?

That's what I'm getting at, I doubt it's a proprietary bearing. But stranger things have happened.

The Gear Center (local dana/spicer/ timken etc dealer) has cross referenced pinion bearings, nothing matches. One guy mentioned that Ford changed the position of the crush sleeve and that's why other bearings won't work I guess? An update from Ford is that the bearing is en route to a distribution centre in North Carolina and then has to be taken into inventory and then shipped to the local Ford dealership as it is the only one in North America right now.

To all the people that say this seems fishy- it does to me too. I didn't think that they changed the front differential much for the 2019's

One more time cuz it makes me feel better... FUCK FORD :flipoff2:

The Gear Center (local dana/spicer/ timken etc dealer) has cross referenced pinion bearings, nothing matches. One guy mentioned that Ford changed the position of the crush sleeve and that's why other bearings won't work I guess? An update from Ford is that the bearing is en route to a distribution centre in North Carolina and then has to be taken into inventory and then shipped to the local Ford dealership as it is the only one in North America right now.

To all the people that say this seems fishy- it does to me too. I didn't think that they changed the front differential much for the 2019's

Get a junkyard Superduty 60 and swap it. Charge dealer parts and labor 🤣

Now the truck was a no start 200 miles from here. Towed to Ford.

Metal shavings in fuel system ahead of filter. Injection pump is fucked.

ARE YOU READY FOR THIS??? $18,460 bill to replace. Minimum 2 weeks downtime.

This is at least the 2nd time I've read about this specific issue. :eek: :eek:

QUESTIONS:
1) What specifically causes it?
....a) Driver error?
....b) Goat piss in the fuel tank?

2) Is this a productionwide issue/problem?

3) Is this covered under warranty at all, ever?

Anything other than diesel will fuck up the fuel system, DEF, Gas, Kerosene, water etc, Ford sells a kit to replace the whole system for about $4500

Anything other than diesel will fuck up the fuel system, DEF, Gas, Kerosene, water etc,

Ford sells a kit to replace the whole system for about $4500

That's what the Ford salesman told me; people accidently putting the goat piss in the diesel fuel tank.

Is the kit to replace the whole system worth it?

The class action lawsuit indicates that it is similar to many issues VW had, North American diesel is crap. The CP4 injection pump is too sensitive and can't handle it.

From what I've read, conditioner really helps but that only prolongs the issue. Proper fix is to put a turned up 12 valve Cummins in there.

That's what the Ford salesman told me; people accidently putting the goat piss in the diesel fuel tank.

Is the kit to replace the whole system worth it?

Yes the kit is worth it, you can get by cheaper piecing it out and cleaning the lines and shit but if you miss even one single micron piece of metal it`ll destroy everything again, it`s not the wrong fluid that fucks everything up it`s the wrong fluid going through the pump and the pump eating itself up and the resulting metal contaminating everything else in the system.

I`ve fixed two without a kit and without issue afterwards, one was my personal rig and one was for a friend who had absolutely no money to fix it, I wouldn`t take the chance fixing a customers without purchase of the kit.

You paid extra money for more bulbs to replace? Aren't you smart. :flipoff2:

It would be one thing if those extra bulbs lit up the road, or the cargo area, or something useful but cab lights on a pickup don't do fuck all.

Actually the 3 in the center are I.D. lights, used when pulling trailers over 80" wide. So they do have a legal purpose, they're just mandatory on duallys.

*Thinking out loud*
Order an F-550 with 7.3

Install $8,000 700HP/750ft-lbs torque Whipple charger
(saved $2,000 not getting PS diesel)

Profit?

Last edited:
So for reference, the pinion bearing part number is Ford part number HC3Z-4561-D. I have found HC3Z-4561-A/B & C but not D.

I also called dana/ spicer. They cannot provide a cross reference part even tho they make the axle :confused:

They actually did change the Dana 60 for the 19 and up models IIRC.
The pinion is very different (stubbier) and only found on the Super Duty line up.

I also think the bearing has to be a normal PN that you can find anywhere. Why not take it apart and read the numbers on it ?

They actually did change the Dana 60 for the 19 and up models IIRC.
The pinion is very different (stubbier) and only found on the Super Duty line up.

I also think the bearing has to be a normal PN that you can find anywhere. Why not take it apart and read the numbers on it ?

See post above yours. I have the part number but Ford seems to be correct that, as of right now, it's a Ford only part and there is all but 1 in north America

Proper fix is to put a turned up 12 valve Cummins in there.

I ran waste oil through my 12v during the $5/gallon period (~2012).

ran like raped ape, dyno'd 400/1000 at rear tires (everything stock except turned up & advanced timing injection pump, blocked waste gate, huge injectors and DVs). Blow by getting bad, and all that. turn up the fuel some more to remedy the power loss. still running, but barely will idle, when I drove it in the garage to swap out the bad short block. injection pump still fully functional, even after pumping a tons of waste oil through it, totally outlived the block and pistons. :lmao:

let me join you, FUCK FORD :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh