What's new

Front brakes.......again

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Yep, I have search and read and read.

I am starting from nothing so I have to pay cores and all that anyways so I want to get it right, or at least basically right.

New Diamond, TG Six Shooters, 92 excab, 3.4, 40" Coopers on 17" Raceline Beadlocks.

Truck is getting completely redone.

Currently brakes are 97 Runner booster, MC, front calipers and rotors. Rear is the TG bolt on setup with an inline Summit proportioning valve (cranked all the way open). 37" on 15" wheels. Brakes work fine as is. No issues.

When I swap to the Diamonds(front and rear) I am going with FROR rear brake setup with the DRotor Ebrake setup. 2016 Runner rear rotors and calipers.

On the front, I am thinking (after reading through Providence's writeups) to go with the GX470 front setup (rotors, calipers, etc) and pickup the FROR brackets, turn the IFS hubs and call it a day.

I am really just wondering on the 97 Runner booster/MC setup that is on the truck now and how that is going to work.

Any thoughts? try it and see or hell no it isn't going to work?

IIRC, the 4runner MC is 7/8" bore... I believe the GX is the electric boosted MC/ABS setup with 15/16 or 1" bore (can't remember).

If you have the space, you're probably "best" w/ the T100 Booster/FZJ80 Master.

There are other MC's that will fit on your booster with different bore sizes, but you may find you need more assist...

thats plan B is to go to the FZJ MC, and then after that the T100 booster.

Was thinking I would just run with this and see what happens first and change out/spend the money later if needed.

my biggest help was trying a cheap master from a 76 chevy with a adapter to go to the toyota booster. stupid simple and your not out much but time , a couple fittings. if i recall its a 1.25 bore
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg

I run tundra front brakes and fj cruiser brakes in the rear with a T100 1" MASTER. Works for me.

my brakes have never been better, grated i also have one tons all around now but no more brake fake at all ever, such a pleasure omg nice

Me? Nope, this is a complete rebuild. I have almost everything to start but still waiting on parts and funds so looks like a winter project now.

my biggest help was trying a cheap master from a 76 chevy with a adapter to go to the toyota booster. stupid simple and your not out much but time , a couple fittings. if i recall its a 1.25 bore
IMG_3173.jpg
IMG_3176.jpg
x2

I'm not sure of the year but I swapped to a Chevy MC on my CJ with 3/4 ton GM front brakes and 300zx calipers on the rear and it is great.

When I go up to tons on my Tacoma I'm planning on the GM MC again

Top Back Refresh