What's new

front axle swap -05+ superduty axle in 3rd gen dodge DRW

fuck yea! do you have a build on here about it?? i would like to see your 3 link. i want to get rid of my radius arms and do a 3 link. how does it handle on the street?
My IG is @offroad_farm
It rides really good, i played around with a few different springs and sway bars. It flexes great, it needs coilovers in the future

As some of you may know I completely taco'd my AAM having a little too much fun in the dunes. This was my way of trying to make the ram platform a little better for high speed and much stronger.
pics of taco'd AAM?

also need to see the video from your avatar. i don't have instant gram

I put 05+ axles in my gmc, i did a 3 link with barnes truss, coil springs from a 6.2 superduty
IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3078.JPG
I really like this setup. :beer:

pics of taco'd AAM?

also need to see the video from your avatar. i don't have instant gram
The AAM is long gone. Pushed the passenger side ball joint about a 1/4" down through the bottom of the knuckle and broke the plug welds on the driver side tube. Tube pushed around 3/8" into the housing. Looked like a clapped chevy 1500 with how much camber the front end had in it.

The AAM is long gone. Pushed the passenger side ball joint about a 1/4" down through the bottom of the knuckle and broke the plug welds on the driver side tube. Tube pushed around 3/8" into the housing. Looked like a clapped chevy 1500 with how much camber the front end had in it.
Damn!

Sorry to bump this, but did the OP do anything to keep the ABS active or did you just delete it? I want to do the same SD60 (mine's out of an '09) swap but into a 2nd Gen Cummins but would like to keep the ABS for driving in snow/ice.

Sorry to bump this, but did the OP do anything to keep the ABS active or did you just delete it? I want to do the same SD60 (mine's out of an '09) swap but into a 2nd Gen Cummins but would like to keep the ABS for driving in snow/ice.
Do you have 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS? Most 2ndgens have rear (2 wheel) type, in which case you dont have to worry about it.

Do you have 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS? Most 2ndgens have rear (2 wheel) type, in which case you dont have to worry about it.
Not going to lie...kinda hoping that's the case. I'll check tonight when I get home.

EDIT Just checked....yep; 4 wheel ABS.**

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh