What's new

friend need car towed from cny to Wisconsin

jeeptj19992001

land of milk and honey
Member Number
Loc
land of milk and honey
neighbor friend needs his ford falcon towed from cny to Wisconsin. anyone want to do it or have suggestions.
he is giving it to his son.
he is not a computer guy.​​
i have no knowledge of this type of trailering.
he is thinking it will cost a grand.
kthanksbye

There was a guy in the hauling classifieds on the other board. Hauled vehicles all over. Could try wading through that cesspool to find his info

He was always 2x or more the quotes I got elsewhere. Uship is great if you know how to avoid the brokers.

That's because he was quoting dedicated enclosed transport. Uship and the ilk, are quoting open-ended deliveries with multiple auto transport truck changes involved.

I wouldn't trust a classic to those guys.

I discussed shipping with that guy that used to post at the other place a few times. He acted like he was doing me a big favor but his prices were high and attitude was condescending. I have used U ship a few times and was happy, you can check the drivers out before you decide to use them.

I enjoy this kind of stuff.

Wish I was closer so I could help.

That's all I got.

That's because he was quoting dedicated enclosed transport. Uship and the ilk, are quoting open-ended deliveries with multiple auto transport truck changes involved.

I wouldn't trust a classic to those guys.

Not true, I shipped cross country, set dates, enclosed and had great experiences for the price. You just gotta dodge the brokers and start your search early. There are plenty of independent haulers on there.

I discussed shipping with that guy that used to post at the other place a few times. He acted like he was doing me a big favor but his prices were high and attitude was condescending. I have used U ship a few times and was happy, you can check the drivers out before you decide to use them.

This.

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't have a good experience with the guy on the old board. I tried getting a truck towed on his route, less than 100 miles out of his way (we was driving to scranton I'm in Syracuse) and he wasn't having it. I said "but isn't that why I pay you?" But I guess it wasn't.

Is the car driveable? You might be able to get someone to drive it for him.

Throw it on a uhaul car trailer and tow it out. This is why grown men should own a pickup truck.

I have a guy in CNY. He took my 4400 to Idaho a few weeks back. You can trust him with any car, or at least I would.

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me that didn't have a good experience with the guy on the old board. I tried getting a truck towed on his route, less than 100 miles out of his way (we was driving to scranton I'm in Syracuse) and he wasn't having it. I said "but isn't that why I pay you?" But I guess it wasn't.

Is the car driveable? You might be able to get someone to drive it for him.

yep drivable,you can see it on the 1st.

Throw some crappy tires on it and take out 1 spark plug, Scooter will drive it.

Shit. Also take out the stereo and fill it with random interior parts and a deckilid from a 77 Chevy if were keeping it "authentic". :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh